ARE QUEST BARS REALLY AS GOOD AS IVE BEN TOLD THEY ARE?

Options

Replies

• revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just tried them for the first time a couple days ago, based on suggestions online I tried the white chocolate raspberry and it wasn't horrible but that's not enough to make me keep buying/eating them. It could be that I just lost my taste for any protein bars. I used to eat Luna protein bars all the time and one day grabbed a cookie dough one and couldn't finish it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,649 Member
    Options
    I still like Quest bars. My favorites are the cookies and cream, banana nut, and the new new chocolate chip cookie dough.

I used to like the cinnamon roll but it seems the taste changed with the latest formula.

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    The only one I like is the Mint chocolate chip. But I just found a bar that is actually delicious. Supreme Protein Caramel Nut Chocolate. I swear it was like eating a candy bar. 200 calories, 15g Protein, 11g Carb, 8g Fat. Little high on the calories/fat, but as an occasional treat pretty tasty.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NBDQNM2/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001RD8EJI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11W51SH9A7Q0X0F27BQK

Those look SO good. I'll definitely give these a try.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I heard they were wonderful. I spit it out, first bite. It was beyond terrible.

Exactly the same here!

I spat out the first bite and threw the rest in the bin.

It was a Quest chocolate brownie bar.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I've only tried white chocolate raspberry... blech!

Yeah, I agree that flavour is blech! Way too sweet and artificial tasting for me.

Heh, that's one of my three favorite flavors (and I only like 5). But I already knew that I'm super tolerant of fake sugar, as I prefer diet coke to any "real" soda, and I enjoy Zevia and flavored waters (with artificial sweeteners).

I thought Quest bars were weirdly overrated the first time I had one, as I hated the texture. They weirdly grew on me, and there are some I like a lot.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I love them! White chocolate raspberry is THE BOMB
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO SPEND $2 ON ONE AND TRY IT FOR YOURSELF. MAYBE GO ALL OUT AND SPEND $10 AND BUY 5 DIFFERENT ONES. THEN YOU CAN DECIDE ONE OF THREE THINGS:
    • THEY ARE AS GOOD AS YOU'VE BEEN TOLD
    • THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU'VE BEEN TOLD
    • THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS YOU'VE BEEN TOLD

I HOPE YOU HAVE FOUND THIS HELPFUL GOOD LUCK!
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer mine blended into a smoothie that has frozen banana and raspberries so it goes cold. I like the texture and it feels like eating decadent ice cream. That said, I only like 3 out of the flavours
    if I was going to blend them I would just use protien powder...but havent tried it so I wont knock it lol
    Which 3 flavors?

I use protein powder too. My diary is open if you want to see my smoothie combo.

I like double choc chunk, mint choc and the white choc and raspberry is my favourite.

As someone mentioned about them not blending well, I like the texture it brings to the smoothie, hence my comment about it being like an ice cream

Do the Quest bars blend smooth or chunky? I would have thought you'd have little chunks floating around in there??

Little chunks of yumminess!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,649 Member
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO SPEND $2 ON ONE AND TRY IT FOR YOURSELF. MAYBE GO ALL OUT AND SPEND $10 AND BUY 5 DIFFERENT ONES. THEN YOU CAN DECIDE ONE OF THREE THINGS:
    • THEY ARE AS GOOD AS YOU'VE BEEN TOLD
    • THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU'VE BEEN TOLD
    • THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS YOU'VE BEEN TOLD

I HOPE YOU HAVE FOUND THIS HELPFUL GOOD LUCK!

WHERE ARE YOU FINDING THEM FOR $2???

:p
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I bought a few to try, heard they were amazing. They were horrible. I couldn't finish any of them. It wasn't overly sweet to me it just tasted horrible.

I enjoyed Luna bars and Promax bars.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have tried several and the only Quest thing I can tolerate in the peanut butter cups. They are dry but but in a pinch they work.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    I bought a few to try, heard they were amazing. They were horrible. I couldn't finish any of them. It wasn't overly sweet to me it just tasted horrible.

Try making your own. Here's my recipe for quest bars, which is pretty close to the original:
    1 rectangle old cardboard
    1 cup sacrificial orangutan blood
    3 oz. industrial agricultural waste by-products
    1 laxative suppository (melted)
    Stevia and whey protein powder to taste

Blend and enjoy!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

Try making your own. Here's my recipe for quest bars, which is pretty close to the original:
    1 rectangle old cardboard
    1 cup sacrificial orangutan blood
    3 oz. industrial agricultural waste by-products
    1 laxative suppository (melted)
    Stevia and whey protein powder to taste

Blend and enjoy!

Lol sounds yummy
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love them if I microwave them for about 10-15 sec. Otherwise I don't like the texture.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I liked the coconut cashew a lot. Pretty expensive though, and I was kind of binging on them.... So I couldn't buy more. I haven't tried these since any formula change
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yea they were as I expected and I tried 3 different ones.

banana muffin -not too bad
    strawberry cheese cake- pretty horrible lol
    double chocolate- the best of the 3

but at $2.75 per bar not worth it lol

I did find MISSION ONE BARS BY MUSCLE TECH tried cookies and cream this mourning and not bad at all and at $1.84 a bar

nutrition info (for those interested)

cal.200
    cal. from fat .60
    carbs.22
    dietary fiber.17
    sugar.1
    sugar alcohol.0
    protein.21

made with stevia

• michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    you can go to their website and click on contact and ask for samples. they will let you pick 2 different flavors to try and mail them to you. I like the smores one but that was about the only one I liked of the 5 kinds I've tried
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars, but I love Power Crunch bars! They have the consistency of a kit-kat bar, and the flavors are good.
  • wisenbsd
    wisenbsd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    jadior wrote: »
    I love them if I microwave them for about 10-15 sec. Otherwise I don't like the texture.

bingo
  • PLTNM_INC
    PLTNM_INC Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I ate them for a while, texture is like eating dried up toothpaste..so bizarre and afterwards felt like someone was stabbing me in the gut. I eat Combat Crunch bars now and they are absolutely amazing.