Options
13»

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    jean1624 wrote: »
    thank you guys for all the hilarious and very informative replies.. I appreciated it!
    Another question? How about wearing a corset or waist trainer? It seems effective to those women wearing it! Their waist is very small.... like Kim Kardashian..
    If you don't think Kardashian is getting some lipo work done (along with her lips), then trust it's not the "waist trainer". Wearing tight fitting garments just "compact" the fat. It doesn't rid the body of it. If it really worked, people who wear clothes to small for them should eventually fit them................and we know that's not the case.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Excellent point!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Be born into the right family.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Get surgery.

If you weren't born with the genetics of having this body shape (when you are a healthy body weight) then you'll need to invest some cash in things like brazillian butt lift, breast implants, etc.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I would just like to say that I feel that the whole curvy hourglass craze is so overrated. I am banana shaped with boobs just because I had to fork the money over for them. People are being brainwashed because overweight women who celebrate huge butts have hijacked the media. Be healthy, lift weights and eat well. Forget what dumb people have to say about YOUR body. Everyone's opinion is based on what they see on TV and what is being preached to them as "sexy". I am so over obese women flaunting their "curves" all over the media and the people who eat it up faster than you can say photoshop.

If you are curvy, great. If you are not, great. I guarantee you your body type is perfect just for you. Be healthy and fit to feel good and screw what other people say.

Look at Jen Selter. Huge butt, most definitely not overweight! SMH.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    elsinora wrote: »
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Sorry, you either have it or you don't. Although many overweight Apple shapes do discover eventually that they have a waist.

That was me. Was a ball basically with legs then after losing weight and exercising, I was hour glass.

This! You'll look and feel your best at your ideal weight, with regular exercise. You might even come closer to looking like an hourglass. (I'm pear shaped, with muscles, and that's fine with me).
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I would just like to say that I feel that the whole curvy hourglass craze is so overrated. I am banana shaped with boobs just because I had to fork the money over for them. People are being brainwashed because overweight women who celebrate huge butts have hijacked the media. Be healthy, lift weights and eat well. Forget what dumb people have to say about YOUR body. Everyone's opinion is based on what they see on TV and what is being preached to them as "sexy". I am so over obese women flaunting their "curves" all over the media and the people who eat it up faster than you can say photoshop.

If you are curvy, great. If you are not, great. I guarantee you your body type is perfect just for you. Be healthy and fit to feel good and screw what other people say.

Overweight women have "hijacked the media"? Do you watch any media? And what's your problem with overweight people who don't hate themselves? Yikes.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    You could just get one of those corsets which hide under dresses....
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    faeriesue1 wrote: »

could you possibly use someone who DOESN'T have a fake *kitten* as another example instead?
  • willworkoutforwine
    willworkoutforwine Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    nsa352 wrote: »
    To OP, you can't really change the shape of your bones. Sorry!
    You can get closer to it though. What is an hourglass shape? Broad shoulders, v tapered waist, hips almost as wide as the shoulders ; some women with hourglass figure have a bubble butt and a rather generous chest (that looks bigger because of the tiny waist) .

This is me ... hourglass with bubble butt and generous chest, even when I was a size 4-6 (currently size 12). I think I'm losing a little in my chest but my waist is also getting smaller so it doesn't really look like it. I'm also only 5'1". Seriously considering a breast reduction when I reach my goal weight. :)

Anyway, I agree that we can't drastically change our shape and the best thing is to take the best care of the body you have.
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    faeriesue1 wrote: »

could you possibly use someone who DOESN'T have a fake *kitten* as another example instead?

Can you cite your evidence of this please.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've never actually seen a picture of Jen Selter head on. I've only seen her at angles with what seems to be a good amount of anterior pelvic tilt. Real or not, I'm not sure that she's hourglass shaped. Is it an hourglass shape if you don't have the shape when viewed head on? When your hips don't really have the outward curve but your butt protrudes (sorry, can't think of a better term) backward?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    It is genetics as so many have said but you can dress to make your body look more like hourglass - try pulling in the waist with thick belts etc, that gives the illusion of one... :smile:
  • Jenfromtheblock84
    Jenfromtheblock84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely an anti-body "shamer" in all forms. We have to love the body we have or find a way to change it as best as possible. I hate those meme's about "Real men prefer curves, only dogs like bones". two wrongs don't make a right. I ALSO don't think that the media portraying "overweight" women as beautiful is glorifying obesity. It is recognizing that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. I don't want to believe that I have to reach a magic number size in my jeans before I can be confident and beautiful in the eyes of society.

But back to OP, I agree with the others your shape is primarily genetics. There are plenty of beautiful people with other shapes so keep your head up and love the skin you're in even while trying to improve and make it healthier.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Okay I had to google Jen Selter as I had no idea who she was or what she did... I still don't really, but I came aross various images of her such as this...
    1jjy2p8tmkf0.jpg

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me this is not an attractive physique, more like a physical caricature of Jessica Rabbit? :s
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    jean1624 wrote: »
    What kind of exercises do I need to do?

Um, yeah, that's called genetics.
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Okay I had to google Jen Selter as I had no idea who she was or what she did... I still don't really, but I came aross various images of her such as this...
    1jjy2p8tmkf0.jpg

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me this is not an attractive physique, more like a physical caricature of Jessica Rabbit? :s

I do think this may be an altered image as the curve of her back looks enhanced.

I personally have had a very large rear end my whole life regardless of my weight. Overweight, underweight I still had a large backside and I was subjected to name calling at school because of this. Tank *kitten*, wide load etc.

Whilst we can't choose our body shape I do wish people wouldn't assume that someone with a "huge butt" is overweight!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    have genetically blessed family.