Just a mom on a mission.

Options
annieerichi181
annieerichi181 Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! My name is Anastasia. I'm 20 and live in the most beautiful place in the world, Washington State - the great PNW. In October of 2015 I had my first child, a boy named Natanael. He's been the light in my life, and him and his daddy make me the happiest girl in the world. But you know what doesn't make me happy? Looking in the mirror and seeing how far gone my body seems to be. I gained about 40 pounds during my pregnancy, lost about half of it during this first couple weeks, then gained it back by the time the holidays were over. Pre baby I wasn't exactly model material either. And although I feel fairly comfortable in my skin, I know this is not a healthy weight for my age and height, and am striving to better myself for my son - he needs mom to be a good inspiration in all aspects of life, and I feel like health is a big one. So today I'm starting my fitness journey, with a preliminary weight loss goal of 20 pounds and an overall weight loss goal of almost a 100. It's going to be a long, hard journey, finding time to do things for yourself as a SAHM can be difficult, and my c-section has left me with little remaining core strength, but I'm dedicated and inspired to better myself for my little man. Besides, who doesn't want to be a MILF?

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Besides, who doesn't want to be a MILF?

Bwahaha!! I love it. Welcome Anastasia. Best of luck to you on your journey and congratulations on your beautiful son.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    baby steps I have had 2 mind you 2 10 pound babies..... my daughter who is now six was a C-section baby. It may start out slowly but you will get there. Take you beautiful baby boy out for walks when the weather is nice, the more you do it the easier it will get. and in time you never know you may be jogging with him in a stroller. And Momma remember you may be a SAHM, but you also desire time to yourself. it is a hard job that is 24 hours 7 days a week 365 days a year. Do not feel bad leaving for an hour or two to work out. It will give your husband and son time to bond and do guys stuff as he grows
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    By the time I am done, I'll have lost over 123lbs. So, I understand where you are coming from. I currently have 58lbs to go to my first goal of 145. I have a unicorn goal of 135. I am 32 and have two young boys who also deserve better from their mother. I want to take them places, like the swimming pool, the park etc and not hide inside because I don't like what I see. I wish I could be one of those mothers who doesn't care about being over weight, but I'm just not.
  • annieerichi181
    Options

Besides, who doesn't want to be a MILF?

Bwahaha!! I love it. Welcome Anastasia. Best of luck to you on your journey and congratulations on your beautiful son.

Thank you!
  • annieerichi181
    Options
    baby steps I have had 2 mind you 2 10 pound babies..... my daughter who is now six was a C-section baby. It may start out slowly but you will get there. Take you beautiful baby boy out for walks when the weather is nice, the more you do it the easier it will get. and in time you never know you may be jogging with him in a stroller. And Momma remember you may be a SAHM, but you also desire time to yourself. it is a hard job that is 24 hours 7 days a week 365 days a year. Do not feel bad leaving for an hour or two to work out. It will give your husband and son time to bond and do guys stuff as he grows

Thank you for your words of encouragement - we've been adding in walks and trips to the park to our daily routine as weather permits, his first few months on this earth is was way too cold and rainy here in WA. But he loves getting out in the fresh air and honestly so do I... I look forward to summer and taking him on nice long hikes into the mountains.
    I think taking time for myself is the thing I'll struggle most with during all this, but hopefully it will get easier with time. Our little man gets panic attacks when I'm not around, so leaving him alone with daddy for more than 10 minutes or so isn't an option on the table quite yet, but we are getting there. ☺️
  • annieerichi181
    Options
    By the time I am done, I'll have lost over 123lbs. So, I understand where you are coming from. I currently have 58lbs to go to my first goal of 145. I have a unicorn goal of 135. I am 32 and have two young boys who also deserve better from their mother. I want to take them places, like the swimming pool, the park etc and not hide inside because I don't like what I see. I wish I could be one of those mothers who doesn't care about being over weight, but I'm just not.

Oh wow! That is incredible! Congratulations! I know how hard it is, going places with your kids and wanting to hide - just yesterday we took our son to the aquarium for the first time. Hubby took a bunch of pictures and I was just absolutely APPALLED by how I looked in them. That's not how I want my son to see me!

You've accomplished so much already and that is so inspirational. I just know you're going to hit that goal. ❤️
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    That is one thing almost all mom forget to do is take time for yourself...... and it is important to do. Not only for you but for your son and your husband. Because if you get stressed out the baby will pick up on it and so will your hubby!!!! You will do great one step at a time and there are lots and lots of people who can help you along the way
  • artzymummy
    artzymummy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm a SAHM to two boys, 1 & 2.5, both were c-section so I can relate to the struggle and you and I have very similar goals, though a bit of an age difference. :) Hubby's side is slim, so I need to be the fighter in all this to keep my boys healthy and that had to start with me. I've had the knowledge all this time, just never the true desire and motivation to get to where I should be.

Oh, and you mentioned little one has panic attacks when you leave. I have dealt with the same thing with both my boys. It gets better with time but don't let it stop you from taking time for you. I made this mistake... at this point I can't even go to the bathroom without two little shadows, lol. Time for myself comes when they sleep - how I wish it could also come from father/son time, but at this point that doesn't happen.

Shoot me a friend request if you're interested.
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Oh wow! That is incredible! Congratulations! I know how hard it is, going places with your kids and wanting to hide - just yesterday we took our son to the aquarium for the first time. Hubby took a bunch of pictures and I was just absolutely APPALLED by how I looked in them. That's not how I want my son to see me!

You've accomplished so much already and that is so inspirational. I just know you're going to hit that goal. ❤️

Thank you very much. You will too!! It's so difficult with little guys. My boys haven't had too much separation anxiety, but, it can come and go in stages. When they are little they really trust their Mommas. You'll get there. I know how hard it can be to work on everything all at once. Try little increments of time with Daddy with you in the room. As hard as it is, distract him with other things so he doesn't even realize he's not with you. Pop in and out of the room. He'll get used to it in no time. I feel your pain! I promise, I do.