Help! Ketoers, HELP!!!

Options
Hello all, sorry if I sound desperate, but I have been on keto for almost a year now, on and off after dec/2105. Since may 2015 till December, I was perfectly doing every thing right and so I dropped from 80kg to 64kg (176lb to 140lb) then I had a new years trip to colombia and allowed myself to get completely off the diet, after coming back home in Jan/2016 and kept on living off of it until about a week and a half ago (beginning of march) where I was back to 147lb or 67kg. Since then, Ive been very restrictive and my ketostix is for the very first time showing purple, but no other symptoms like I used to have (dry mouth and constipation mostly). Through my diary I count everything, carbs and fat. And with all the macro calcularions I have done I and under protein, 20g of carbs and about 100g of fat. Still not losing weight. Forgot to mention, that since I started the diet, I completely changed from train and subways to and back from work to riding my bike, which is 20k a day (10 to go and 10 to come back). Plus this week I add some 30 min of workout on my lunch time to speed up my heartbeat along the day, my BPM for the bike is usually about 150-167BMP and for the training at the gym I do peaks of 175 down to 120 (back and forth almost as hiit). I ride my bike on an empty stomach at 7:15 am(because I really can't eat before it, not hungry), when I get to work I have a shake of no Isopure protein no carb, zero sugar low carb PB, water, cream of milk (a heavy or mild whipped cream?) and a tablespoon of coconut oil, which comes about 380-400 cal at around 8am. Then I go to the gym at 1:30pm with a couple of salami slices and workout for 30min, come back for a salad of lettuce, tomato, hearts of palm, and champignons, with a 1g of carb and 59cal ceasar dressing, where I calculate 350-400 cals for the salada which I am completely unsure, as it also does have shredded chicken. Then I go home at 5pm with some other salami and brie cheese slices and when I get home, this past two days, I had a quarterpounder from mcdonalds, with no catchup, no onions and no BuN! Which gives me about 330kcal, 5carbs at around 7pm and that is my last meal before going to bed. What am I doing wrong and Why am I not losing weight????? Too much fat? Too few of it? Do I need more time? I didn't do all this in May, and I lost a bunch. i still need to lose at least 10-12lb or 7-8kg. Help :(

Replies

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    You didn't give calorie counts or portion sizes for those salami slices or the cheese that you eat for snacks- that could be adding too many calories. Also you are eating a lot of sodium, it is possible you are retaining water because of that. I've never done keto, but I do LCHF. I know too much protein can cause an insulin response. You may be getting too much protein - how many g of protein do you typically eat? And, of course, it still boils down to calories - what does MFP set your calorie intake at? Are you sticking to that? Logging everything?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @Lisokinha for now give it more time perhaps.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

The above MFP sub group of Ketoers should be able to help you. Just request to join. Afterwards you can remove yourself at a click of a button if it is not helpful.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Don't eat McDonalds hamburgers loaded with hormones, antibiotics, and inflammatory Omega 6's. Eat only Grass-fed beef, which you can buy at most grocery stores now.