What is your most healthiest and favorite bread?

Options
13»

Replies

• julieg62781
    julieg62781 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    odddrums wrote: »
    I eat a lot of Dave's Killer Bread because I can get it close to me, but if I had a bakery closer I would do that. Sprouted Bread I've heard is a bit better for you, but anything is good in moderation.

Love Dave's Killer 21 whole grains and seeds. It is 130 cal per slice.. But, it seems like it packs a whole lot of nutrition content into that 130 calories vs something that could be much less nutritious for the same calories.
    Also, Costco has 2 loaves for $6.99!
  • Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ezekial bread. I’d like to try Dave’s Killer bread but it’s so expensive.
  • mikeb4bjj
    mikeb4bjj Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Healthiest: double protein

Favorite: King's Hawaiian
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Usually if I'm going to have bread, I'll get something fresh from the bakery. If I'm using calories on bread, I want it to be the good stuff.
  • fat_engineer
    fat_engineer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Dave’s sprouted all day long.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like the spinach & herbs Xtreme wellness tortilla wraps for healthiest choice. Low cal, carbs and high protein, and they're pretty tasty
    For favorite is some brioche. I got a loaf from Costco and I am very upset its never been in my life before, however I'd weigh even more since I could solely eat that for every meal.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I’ve started making my own. My fav was a rye bread with orange peel and fennel seeds but the last bread I made was a jalapeño cheddar one which is pretty tasty. Everything in moderation:)
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Focaccia or French. From a really good bakery. No other bread is worth the calories...

I rarely eat sandwiches and when I do it's without the bread.
  • WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Alpine Valley Organic Bread - 21 whole grains and seeds
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,760 Member
    Options
    odddrums wrote: »
    I eat a lot of Dave's Killer Bread because I can get it close to me, but if I had a bakery closer I would do that. Sprouted Bread I've heard is a bit better for you, but anything is good in moderation.

Love Dave's Killer 21 whole grains and seeds. It is 130 cal per slice.. But, it seems like it packs a whole lot of nutrition content into that 130 calories vs something that could be much less nutritious for the same calories.
    Also, Costco has 2 loaves for $6.99!

For those concerned about portion control, there's also Thin-Sliced versions of Dave's.