What do you use to drink your water?

Options
I am trying to drink a gallon of water a day. I know, I know, I don't have to but it really curbs my appetite, is good for my skin and I just generally feel better when I drink a lot of water. The problem is I usually only drink bottled water. A gallon of water is almost 8 bottles so I go through cases of water pretty quickly. Not only is it expensive but it's bad for the environment and I'm not sure if solely drinking bottled water is healthy. I know there is no fluoride and the jury is still out on the effects of the plastic.

Anyway, if you drink a lot of water, how are you doing it? Brita pitcher? Filter on the faucet? Good ol' tap water? Then how do you measure, use the same glass?

Just trying to get ideas to start easing away from all the bottles.

Replies

• toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have 3 Brita bottles (the kind that have the filter inside the bottle) and I'm in love with them. I change the filter about once every 3 or 4 months and honestly, the first bottle paid for itself in the first month. They are GREAT.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I always considered myself a water snob lol I only drank 2 certain brands of bottled water. My daughter talked me into putting sliced lemons in a pitcher of tap water overnight.......amazing!
  • frankie_xox
    frankie_xox Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I drink plain tap water at home and I drink water from a water cooler at work. I have a Brita water pitcher, but took out the filter! I like cold water, but don't care about the filtering.
    At work, I drink from a glass water bottle. At home I just drink from a normal glass and don't measure - but I also don't have a target amount to drink.
    If you want to be able to track, I'd get a few of the same water bottles for home and work and count how many of them you drink a day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Cold tap water with a straw.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I use a suitable container for drinking out of such as a water glass, a coffee cup, a travel mug, a paper cup.... basically I use a cup of some sort. Why make it complicated?

As far as am concerned any fluid counts as water. That could be soup broth, (in which case I guess I use a bowl instead of a cup) coffee, tea, juice, milk or even actual pure unadulterated H2O.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just turn on the tap, fill a glass with water and drink it.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    If where you live the tap water is good for drinking I don't see why you wouldn't choose drinking it. It's very good where I live and only rarely drink bottled. I would either fill a bottle or a glass and drink it. A lot of the water I drink is in the form of herbal tea. I always have water or tea by me and take a sip every once in a while.
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    We had a faucet filter forever, but just last week put in a 3 stage purification system under the sink. It taps into the cold water supply and has its own faucet which we installed where the soap dispenser hole is in the sink. Great tasting water, way better than the old pur filter. It was only $150 at Costco for system & a years worth of filters. Was very easy to install ourselves. I try to only drink from stainless steel or glass cups (made in USA when possible) to avoid toxins leaching out of container.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    toriraeh wrote: »
    I have 3 Brita bottles (the kind that have the filter inside the bottle) and I'm in love with them. I change the filter about once every 3 or 4 months and honestly, the first bottle paid for itself in the first month. They are GREAT.

Awesome, I didn't even know they made that. I'll check it out, thanks!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Refrigerated tap water for me. It's very hard water, but it tastes good to me. I don't like the taste of commercial bottled water, at least the ones available here. And I don't really measure how much, and don't log it most of the time. If my pee's a healthy pale or straw color, I know I'm good and hydrated.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Ice water in a Tervis. I fill it up when I get to work and fill it up again at lunch.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I use a suitable container for drinking out of such as a water glass, a coffee cup, a travel mug, a paper cup.... basically I use a cup of some sort. Why make it complicated?

As far as am concerned any fluid counts as water. That could be soup broth, (in which case I guess I use a bowl instead of a cup) coffee, tea, juice, milk or even actual pure unadulterated H2O.

Because I want to measure it.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    We have a filter on our fridge that I replace every 6 months. We have higher levels of lead in our tap water so I feel more comfortable with the filter. before we got this fridge we used a brita pitcher and kept it in our fridge. At work we have a water tank. I have several hydroflask water bottles. A 36 oz I keep and use at work (usually fill it up 2-3 times while at work) and a 21 oz that I use at home/outside of work. It pretty much goes everywhere with me.
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a turvis bottle that has measurements on it. Also, I use a pur faucet filter right now, but will probably switch to a pitcher soon.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Mouth
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Fill an old gallon water jug and use it over and over again and keep it in the back of the ridge. I walk around with a 16 oz blender bottle (take the shaker piece out of it) filled with water from the fridge all day long.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying water bottles and now have the big Brita container/tank thing.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Mouth

I'm trying....
    yxX2qKG.gif

Personally I refill my water bottles several times before throwing them out. You don't have to get a new one each time.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I use a cheap metal reusable Thermos bottle, drink when I'm thirsty, and refill with tap water when needed. I used to use a large glass until we got a cat as she likes to jump up on the counter and drink out of glasses...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have a pitcher that filters water... I think it is Pur brand.
    I drink a glass of water with meals and when I am thirsty. I don't measure my water. My glasses hold more than 8 oz of water.
    I only buy bottled water if I am traveling.