What is everyone doing for exercise?

Options
I am a SAHM so I have several DVDs that I do at home. I walk to the library once a week with my 4 year old daughter. I also ride my bicycle once a week for 1-2 hours. I have a 45 mile bike ride coming up on Sunday. What about everyone else?

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I weight train five days a week. I'm also a competitive shooter, and the season has begun.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Let's see, crossfit, weight train, running, calisthenics, aerobic HIIT training, and soon going to try yoga. Oh and I help my buddy with his MMA training.
  • kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a spinning class twice a week this semester at college, and I'm thrilled about spring coming in because now I can go cycling outside again, and I've started doing some running two or three times a week.
  • sassymanal
    sassymanal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I workout 7 days a week and do either hip hop Zumba, HIIT cardio combat, kickboxing, elliptical and I just started doing weights. I get bored easily so I'm always changing it up!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,760 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Full-body lifting 2-3 days a week (depending on how soon my muscles heal for the next session)

Cardio: any two of the following on a given day, 4 days a week
    Arm crank ergometer 20 minutes
    Stationary bike 20 minutes hill intervals
    Running 20 minutes
    Rowing machine 5 minutes (just learning form)

5 days a week pool running 30 minutes (intensity varies depending on the morning workout intensity)
    Weekends: long walks
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I exercise 3 days a week (unless TOM). I weight train, swim and run. I'm a SAHM as well and take my little ones out in a double jogging stroller on days when it's nice. My gym has a day care which works out great most days. I have cardio equipment and weights at home for days when I can't get to the gym.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Is not eating an entire cake and box of doughnuts considered exercise?
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Crossfit 4-5x a week and jogging 2-3x a week :)
  • kayleigh376
    kayleigh376 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weight train 2 - 3 times a week and do HIIT 2 times a week :smile:
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I run 3 times a week, and do kettlebells 3 times (2 workouts at home, 1 at a kettlebell class).
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I do videos at home 6 days a week, primarily cardio based. I just started a 30 day squat and plank challenge to give me more core and leg strength.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I mostly do cardio. I live in the country near a lovely 60ha foresty area so I go for long walks (4-5ish miles) or a run (3 miles) 3 times per week, and do 40 mins stationary bike (at home with netflix o:) ) twice per week. I'm looking into strength training too but haven't started yet.
  • bentracie1120
    bentracie1120 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba an hour a day five times a week. I have done Zumba before and it was very beneficial to me. I weighed 200 and went down to 140. Of course I did Zumba 2 hrs a day and a strict 500 calorie diet. But now I've gained some weight back a couple of years later. I've gained maybe 15-20 pounds back. And now I'm back to trying to lose weight again. Fingers crossed :)
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    A bit of this, a bit of that...

Les Mills RPM (spin), strength training (full body at the moment as just getting back to it), running (outdoors), cycling (outdoors, both MTB and road), badminton or squash with my OH, C2 rowing, swimming... oh yes and walking the dogs (a rough total of around 30 miles a week).
  • mrcrete62
    mrcrete62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weight trainig and walking on a treadmill for 30 mins at full incline
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing 3-4 days a week. Yoga 2-3 days a week. Occasionally, I'll do a cardio dvd like T25 or Insanity Max 30 when I don't feel like doing either or I'm short on time, but need to get in a workout.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba an hour a day five times a week. I have done Zumba before and it was very beneficial to me. I weighed 200 and went down to 140. Of course I did Zumba 2 hrs a day and a strict 500 calorie diet. But now I've gained some weight back a couple of years later. I've gained maybe 15-20 pounds back. And now I'm back to trying to lose weight again. Fingers crossed :)

500 calorie diet? or 1500 calorie diet?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I train 5 days a week for 1-3 hours, mostly bench and accessories, plus a couple extra hours a week of body weight correctives and prehab.

Plus I walk over 20km a day most days.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bare knuckle boxing... but I'm not supposed to talk about it. Not sure if I broke rule 1. Does this count?

*kitten*... I think I broke rule 2, too.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    First I thought this post read

"Why is everyone doing exercise" .... it must be the weekend...

I've been doing some multi sport training focussing on swimming cycling and running!

I love to ride the bike for 1-2 hours!!! I found this beautiful route adjacent to a river and very light traffic and I try to ride that route as much as possible and insert some bursts of speed on the flat sections.

Have a good weekend!