What is everyone doing for exercise?

Options

Replies

• yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Currently I am doing the 30 day shred workout. Also, working out with a trainer twice a week.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I try to do outside stuff, golf, cycling on the trail, cutting firewood, etc. But when the weather doesn't cooperate and I can no longer stand the "dreadmill" -

I use FITNESSBLENDER on You Tube.

They have hundreds of free workout videos. Total body, HIIT, kickboxing, core, etc., etc. When I travel - I always take my iPad - and FitnessBlender is available anywhere.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Running is my main thing. Some resistance training, swimming, stretching and Pilates to support that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I usually cycle about 5 days per week which usually amounts to 60-80 miles per week depending. I lift 3x per week usually. I sometimes forgo riding on the weekends to play some golf or skiing in the winter or a nice day hike in the mountains or something. In the summer I will sometimes opt for a good swim in lieu of my riding.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I weightlift at the gym 3 days a week, do things like Insaity, walk/run at home 5 days a week.
  • callie_rae29
    callie_rae29 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    6 days a week: 5 days of 30 min to 1 hour of abs and squats at home. 4 days of 20 min weightlifting with 40-50 min on elepitical. 1 day of whole body wieghtlifting. And 1 day of 45 min sprint intervals.
  • JoshLibby
    JoshLibby Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    2-3 days of weight training, 1 day of pull ups/chin ups. 2-3 days of H.I.T cardio. Playing with my son outside everyday, for he and his mother are the reason I do it in the first place.
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    3 days of weight training, 2 days of swimming.
  • MrsLMKing
    MrsLMKing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm super out of shape...so I am just walking on the treadmill a lot for cardio. I also do a little bit of light weight training with my husband's weight machine a couple of days a week, but I haven't gotten serious about it yet.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I walk to work, bike, lift weights, and sit ups.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I walk 15 mins 6 days a week to and from work. 4 days lifting weights and riding my bike.
  • mlindeman0002
    mlindeman0002 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do 20 minutes of cardio and lift 2 hours a day, 6 days a week.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm at the beginning of my journey, so for now I'm just doing strength training 3x a week in my living room and focusing on diet. In the past when I've tried to take on everything at once it's led to me giving up because it's all so overwhelming. I do walk my dog twice a day for about 2-3 miles and attend a very gentle, restorative yoga class once a week. It's very doable.

After two months, or after I plateau (whichever comes first) I will start doing Masters swimming with a team, and perhaps work up to short runs with my dog, in addition to continuing strength training.

In the past, exercise that's worked well for me is Bikram yoga (and no I don't necessarily suggest it - I have lots of mixed feelings - but it does give your body a kick in the butt and you start to look better immediately), so I might go back to that when I get to 200 pounds or less. I also want to join a local row gym, because I used to be really good at it and I like it (right now my belly makes me look ridiculous when I do it).

To be honest I'm really interested in workouts that involve my dog or at least don't require me to leave him at home alone. Because then I still have to exercise him again when I get back.
  • vjrozmia
    vjrozmia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weight training 3 days/week at home. 2-3 days per week of Zumba/ running/ or HIIT videos.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Little bit of everything. Read an article on Nerdfitness.com about being antifragile and since I have been trying to incorporate new movements, rep schemes, and activities.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Average around 6 days a week (accounting for being sick, gym being closed and the occasional hangover):
    Day 1 - Arms
    Day 2 - Legs
    Day 3 - Shoulders
    Day 4 - Chest/Back
    Roughly 45 minutes a session.
    Everyday is Cardio - 35 minutes on the bike.
    Unless it is pouring, I walk the 2km each way.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just walk, lots and lots of walking .
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I walk 3 (on the beach) miles a day, dance 45 minutes to an hour a day, weight ball, sit ups and squats 3-4x a week.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    1-2 hours of biking 2 times week, hopefully more now because of warmer weather.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Strength/Weight training 4x per week. No cardio. My sessions usually last 1.5-2 hours.