What are you gonna do when you reach your goal?

Options
13»

Replies

• courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Start training for bikini competitions !!!!
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Backpack/travel somewhere amazing. I'm thinking Burma, Cambodia, or Vietnam.
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Get some professional boudoir photos taken of myself
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a goal piggy bank for when i hit my goal i think ill have between 1000 to 2000 dollars when i get ther so ill probably go clothe shoping and buy everything i could never wear
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    It's kinda strange that most rewards I can think of are fitness related. I always assumed those were just tools to facilitate the getting fit process, and that my preferred rewards would have to do with everything else

Not strange at all.

I celebrate things with long bicycle rides. I graduate uni ... I go for a long bicycle ride to celebrate. Something sad happens, like when my cats passed away ... I did memorial rides for each of them. When my first niece was born, I was out riding a 200 km randonnee that day!

For me, losing weight means that I can do more again ... and so I do. When I reached my first goal, I cycled 100 miles (a century) and then a few days later hiked to the top of a mountain. About the time I reached my second goal, I did a pair of metric centuries (100 km each) and then another century. As my focus changed to fitness and something that resembled maintenance, I cycled a 200 km randonnee to see if I could do it. And then I cycled up the tallest mountain around ... not a bad accomplishment for someone who is not a hill climber.

When I was heavier, I couldn't do those things. Now I can. So I do.

This was... a phenomenal read. I might have actually gasped while reading portions of this post. Amazing!
  • cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Get some clothes that fit, am at the middle stage where clothes are a bit big, though you know you have more to loose so I am starting to look a mess :) good problem to have.

I'd really like to have a tailored suit made..... Think I need to hit goal and maintain for a couple weeks first :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I already reached my goal 5 years ago. And what did I do? I maintained. It's been surprisingly easy. I didn't feel like I was at the end of a journey or anything. I just kept on going with maintenance. And maintenance is very cool because you get more calories to play with! That's a nice reward in itself! B)

Occasionally, I'll make a new fitness goal, though - like running, mountain biking or backpacking goals, etc. I've never really needed extrinsic rewards, so I don't do anything special. I just have a very satisfied, successful feeling that easily beats any material reward. There's nothing better than feeling good about yourself, right?
  • neininchnails
    neininchnails Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a list of things to buy for every goal weight until I reach my ultimate goal weight. I also plan to get a wrist tattoo(I want to tattoo my scar on it).
  • cglouie
    cglouie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've already hit my original goal weight but I'm going to keep going until I'm happy with how my belly looks. When I get there, I'm going on a shopping spree for a brand new (permanent) wardrobe! I've moved from a size 14 to an 8 so I've had to buy new clothes already, but I've been holding back and just buying what I need to get by since I knew in 2 months, they'll be too big.
  • janderson19_1
    janderson19_1 Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm getting a breast reduction that I've wanted for almost 20 years (that'll probably drop an additional 10 pounds :)). Then, I'm buying a bunch of cute bras.
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Strip naked and run around the front yard.... that should show that nasty neighbour of mine that she doesn't corner the market on slim! LOL
  • Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Mexico to get reconstructive surgery to remove damage of my past life with morbid obesity.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Once I've reached goal and maintained for a good, long while to ensure no backsliding, I'll celebrate with a long-overdue tummy tuck.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pbprincess wrote: »
    Maintain. I was at goal a few years ago and I stopped logging and watching my food/exercise. I gained a lot back. So this time my huge gift to myself is to stay at goal forever. 30/35 pounds til I am back there again.

I also have a tattoo lined up, but I think I'm saving it til I have maintained for a year.

And that, to me, is the more challenging part.

It wasn't difficult losing the weight, but now I've got to keep it off and I'm finding that more challenging.

I have this goal of keeping it off until the end of year of my 50th birthday (or in other words until Dec 31, 2017) ... and during the year of my 50th birthday, I want to do several things I haven't done in a long time. Sports things. Like there's a difficult 15 km hike in the Canadian Rockies I have my eye on. Last time I did that was probably in the 1980s. And I'm toying with a few other ideas too.

Oh, and I'd like a set of professional photos taken on or near my 50th birthday.

So I've got to keep watching what I eat, keep active, and keep mindful about things.

I love this and relate well to it...
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Mexico to get reconstructive surgery to remove damage of my past life with morbid obesity.

This is a simply awesome statement! Love it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Pick another goal.

Yep. Reassess and move on.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I want a tattoo but I have to wait for college graduation for that, so I'm thinking maybe a piercing. At least some article of clothing I really want (that will be useful) to celebrate :)