Can I eat whatever I want with limited calories and loss weight??

2»

Replies

• gataman3000
    gataman3000 Posts: 55 Member
    Weight yes, fat probably not
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member

Wat?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    Gotta love how people always jump to the conclusion that whoever is asking that is planning on eating nothing but snickers bars all day long.

OP probably is not planning to do that - but it is what she is asking in her scenario.

Not specifically snickers bars but '1700 calories of junks and whatever I want to eat' was her question so people are not jumping to conclusions, they are answering the question.

• xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    I eat snacks throughout the day, and balanced meals and still am losing
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

No matter what, if you lose weight, you are going to lose some combination of fat + water + lean body mass. The type of foods you eat may influence the percent breakdown - but for the average person, just losing weight will create fat loss. Resistance training and consuming adequate protein can help with minimizing the loss of lean body mass, but eating a snickers or Doritos or McDonalds or whatever the OP was considering in her "can I eat what I want and still lose weight" is not a guarantee that she will become skinny fat or whatever you were implying.
  • gataman3000
    WinoGelato wrote: »

No matter what, if you lose weight, you are going to lose some combination of fat + water + lean body mass. The type of foods you eat may influence the percent breakdown - but for the average person, just losing weight will create fat loss. Resistance training and consuming adequate protein can help with minimizing the loss of lean body mass, but eating a snickers or Doritos or McDonalds or whatever the OP was considering in her "can I eat what I want and still lose weight" is not a guarantee that she will become skinny fat or whatever you were implying.

There is some truth here and everyone's body is different but most people will not achieve the body they are looking for eating a diet full of twinkies and staying under calories. I agree you will lose weight but you dont want to start at 40 percent body fat, lose 30 pounds and then still you are at 40 percent body fat.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

There is some truth here and everyone's body is different but most people will not achieve the body they are looking for eating a diet full of twinkies and staying under calories. I agree you will lose weight but you dont want to start at 40 percent body fat, lose 30 pounds and then still you are at 40 percent body fat.

I'm not sure your hypothetical situation of starting at 40% body fat, losing 30 lbs and still being at 40% body fat is even possible, but I would leave that to smarter people than me to support or dispute.

I'm puzzled where you see, in this thread or others, that someone is suggesting a person eat a diet full of twinkies and nothing else. The OP asked if she can lose weight eating "junk and whatever she wants" - and the answer is yes. I don't presume that the OP wants to eat nothing but Twinkies and I'm always shocked when people see that question and assume that is what any rational adult would be proposing.

I eat "junk and what I want" and have met my weight loss goals, improved my overall health, and have become far more active since starting here. Putting myself in the OP's shoes, what I would have wanted is to know that I can still drink a glass or two of wine and eat a serving of girl scout cookies AFTER I ate lean protein, a baked sweet potato, and two servings of vegetables for dinner last night. In my case the answer is most definitely yes and my weight loss took my fat percent down as well.

• gataman3000
    edited March 2016

I'm not sure your hypothetical situation of starting at 40% body fat, losing 30 lbs and still being at 40% body fat is even possible, but I would leave that to smarter people than me to support or dispute.

I'm puzzled where you see, in this thread or others, that someone is suggesting a person eat a diet full of twinkies and nothing else. The OP asked if she can lose weight eating "junk and whatever she wants" - and the answer is yes. I don't presume that the OP wants to eat nothing but Twinkies and I'm always shocked when people see that question and assume that is what any rational adult would be proposing.

I eat "junk and what I want" and have met my weight loss goals, improved my overall health, and have become far more active since starting here. Putting myself in the OP's shoes, what I would have wanted is to know that I can still drink a glass or two of wine and eat a serving of girl scout cookies AFTER I ate lean protein, a baked sweet potato, and two servings of vegetables for dinner last night. In my case the answer is most definitely yes and my weight loss took my fat percent down as well.

I doubt anyone would include lean protein, a baked sweet potato and two servings of vegetables in 1700 calories of junk.