p90x start date July 1st but scared!

Options
2»

Replies

• SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just take it one day at a time, and work at your level. You can do it. Just keep pressing play.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    And whatever you do....DO NOT SKIP YOGA! Seriously, 90% of P90X users always want to replace yoga with another workout. DON'T do it! Yoga is hard. Period. At least make yourself do the first 45 minutes. It's the hard part, but it's the part that is going to create strength in all of those 'connective' muscles that you don't strength train with weights and increase flexibility. Both of those things will help you prevent injury.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    You mentioned being concerned about the time commitment, but if you've been going to a gym, you've been spending time getting there and back, and you won't have that to worry about. You won't have to wait for someone to get off of a machine before you can use it either. I love the convenience and time savings of working out at home. Even if the workouts are a little longer, ALL the time spent is going into working out. That's a good thing!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    And whatever you do....DO NOT SKIP YOGA! Seriously, 90% of P90X users always want to replace yoga with another workout. DON'T do it! Yoga is hard. Period. At least make yourself do the first 45 minutes. It's the hard part, but it's the part that is going to create strength in all of those 'connective' muscles that you don't strength train with weights and increase flexibility. Both of those things will help you prevent injury.

Thanks! That is really helpful!

and PJilly, you are right about the time...I never have to wait for machines but it does take me 10 minutes to get to the gym...so that is 20 extra minutes right there!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Another plus from not getting to the gym as often is that I don't get the sniffles as much as I used to. I'm on my second round of P90X and I haven't missed a day of working out. Even though I wipe down exercise machines and use sandals in the shower at the gym it is still easy to get sick from using the equipment.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone. I will officially begin on the 5th...so that Sunday can be my rest day. I did the yoga today and what hurts most are my wrists! Any suggestions? Also, I had a headache while doing it because so much blood rushing to my head. Any suggestions?

D
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I use P90X as a supplement to my CrossFit workouts. Saturdays I do two-a-days (CrossFit in the morning and P90X at night). My 90 days will obviously take a lot longer, but I find them very similar except that CrossFit requires a lot more endurance and P90X builds muscle faster.

If I can do two-a-days with P90X, you can do it once/day, 6 days/week. Trust me. :-)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    how is P90X going?