Plain chobani Yogurt
    Banana
    Frozen raspberries
    Avocado
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    diverroboz wrote: »

Glad to help and glad you went ahead and purchased the Flaxseed, there's so many natural clinically proven superfoods... read on!
    Yes who would believe OATS would pack almost as much protein as protein powder! Weird huh, such an unsung hero. Oh BTW race horses are fed oats to fuel their hypertrophy... ever wondered why they look so muscular?
    Factor in the low GI Carbohydrate, cholesterol lowering and reduced heart attack aspect and cheap cost... it's a clear winner!

Each EGG add 6 grams of protein and hormone boosting good cholesterol and turbo charge the bioavailabilty to rival any what powder!
    A single large boiled egg contains
    Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
    Folate: 5% of the RDA.
    Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA.
    Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA.
    Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA.
    Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA.
    Selenium: 22% of the RDA.
    Eggs also contain decent amounts of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium and Zinc.
    Finally, throw a bannana or any berry to disguise the 'sulphury eggness' and hubby will be none the wiser and he'll never taste them, trust me! Give it a try! Oh Cinnamon will do that too, it has so many great health benefits too like anti inflammatory and blood sugar control via insulin insensitivity reduction. This is BIG, as it allows sugars to actually enter the muscle and drive growth. Take cinnamon in doses up to 1 gram daily with no adverse outcomes, replaces the need for sweeteners SUGAR, which is the reason insulin insensitivity is so widespread in western countries now. The rise in cancer, diabetes, arthritis, dementia is correlated to big food sneaking ever increasing sugar into foods!

Check out Authority Nutrition Website to read up on all the above!

Maybe because they're race horses? Don't get me wrong oats are great, but they're not a miracle food. A lot of this information (i.e. take cinnamon in doses up to 1 gram daily) isn't necessary. And some of this information (i.e. The rise in cancer, diabetes, arthritis, dementia is correlated to big food sneaking ever increasing sugar into foods!) isn't even true. Correlation does not equal causation.

No food is a miracle food, and all of these essential vitamins and minerals can easily be reached with a well rounded diet and a multivitamin if needed.
    diverroboz wrote: »
    Note the body cannot absorb more than 60 grams of protein in one sitting!

Also not true. Your body is able to regulate the speed at which protein is digested to ensure it can absorb all of the available amino acids. Protein just doesn't magically dissipate from your digestive system.
  • creasey1990
    creasey1990 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Adding extra virgin olive oil is a great way to add calories to your shake plus it doesn't give as much bloat or volume as milk etc...

Also I would say start lifting weights you need to stimulate your muscles and signal to your body that putting on weight/mass/size is what you want to do... Look up y3t it's a great training plan combine that with a decent amount of calories and you can't go wrong :)
  • potbelliedboy
    potbelliedboy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend using ice cream, full-fat milk, and a mass gainer. Drink that every night before you go to bed, and you'll start seeing results in no time :)
  • LaMartian
    LaMartian Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    8 fl. oz., Milk - Whole
    113 gram, 4% Milkfat Cottage Cheese
    100 g, Bananas
    2 Tbs, Natural Peanut Butter
    1 cup, Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    Splenda to taste

699C
    56g carb
    30g fat
    49g protein

Tastes like peanut butter cheesecake. I have this every day.
  • i_mean_business
    i_mean_business Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So I have spent a large part of my life trying to gain weight. So first before any supplement is added or incorporated ensure that you're eating enough calories (protein carbs and fat). Amongst that your shake will provide additional calories needed to hit ur "500+ extra calories daily" to gain weight.
    Long story short best shake I have had as a slow digesting shake for optimal results is 1 scoop powder(Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Vanilla OR for more protein Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer), 1 Banana, and 2 Cups Whole Milk. This shake is roughly 800 Calories. Lastly, on work out days as a post workout shake definitely use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein for fast protein absorption. You may or may not find this helpful but I hope you did.