Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you make water more interesting?

13»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I add 250ml of cranberry juice to my 1.5L bottle of water.
  • firstlay_d
    firstlay_d Posts: 31 Member
    Try filling a pitcher with water and a sliced cucumber before you go to bed. In the morning take out the cucumber slices and enjoy the water all day. It's so refreshing.
    Try filling a pitcher with water and a sliced cucumber before you go to bed. In the morning take out the cucumber slices and enjoy the water all day. It's so refreshing.

It most certainly is
  • mixtape1989
    mixtape1989 Posts: 3 Member
    Make ice tea is a big jug in the fridge. Use organic sugar free tea, such as good quality green tea or camomile tea. Make a really strong cup of tea then add that to approx a litre of water and put the jug in the fridge. Keep filling up your cup with ice tea all day!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    The only time I usually want "more interesting water" is when I'm at the pub. Then I order soda water (plain sparkling water) with ice and fresh lemon or lime. It makes me feel like I'm drinking when the mister is having a beer (and I'm usually the skipper so I prefer not to drink when I'm driving).

Mostly though, I think its a good idea to put on your big boy/girl panties and just drink water... it doesn't have to be interesting to quench my thirst.
    However if you feel like you are getting dehydrated or have a medical reason to keep hydrated to a certain level, and find it hard to take in enough plain water - then get your water in other ways - soup, fruit, popsicles, other "wet" foods, plus tea, coffee etc. They all hydrate your body to some degree.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Try Evian. Expensive, but I love the cooling after effects. It's my favorite bottled water, and I'm worth it.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    I have one one those fruit infuser water bottles. This one, to be exact:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VHGJFUC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It has a little mesh basket type thing and you put little fruit slices, or anything you want really, in the basket and use like a regular water bottle. It is the same idea as fruit slices in a pitcher but more portable, and you don't need to change the fruit every re-fill if you are out and about. I don't, anyway. I guess it depends what you use.

I generally use lemon with a little orange but you could use anything you want, really. As weak or as strong as you want. This type of bottle comes in a range of sizes too!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I just drink it. Room temp so I can chug it faster. Through a straw so I can chug it faster. But beyond that, I've been doing it so long that it's a habit and I don't pay much attention to it anymore.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    I used to add propel flavor packets or the zero calorie koolaid droplets.

Now I just either add protein powder or turn water into coffee or tea. I might go back to buying propel powder as I get more serious about my fitness plans, though.
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Oh, I have the best answer! Put some frozen berries in it. I drink out of quart jars so I put a quarter cup or half cup in, but in a glass you'd only put in a few tablespoons. It flavors the water and you get a sweet treat at the end. A half cup of berries is 35 calories. A small price to pay if you ask me.

I also like my water warmish. I find it goes down better that way, but I'm also one of those people who's always cold, so that might explain why cold water turns me off.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Add coffee......