What Other Factors (Besides Nutrition) Help You Succeed?

Options

Replies

• forthegoals
    forthegoals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Food scale.
  • sassykat723
    sassykat723 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I had the ability to make myself happy all along that I just needed to get up and do it
  • kewzue
    kewzue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Small goals, it can be running a certain distance. A shirt that you would love to wear, pants etc! small items of clothes spurred me on along with setting certain goals of weight lifting in the gym etc!
  • firemanlang668
    firemanlang668 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being consistent whether it be in training or diet, no one will reach their goals if they are not consistant
  • Andyooooo
    Andyooooo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Finding motivation from fitness youtubers. Gives you a great insight into some meals you can make that are healthy and kill cravings
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Accountability Buddies and my vivosmart HR tracker.
  • johnnyledford1
    johnnyledford1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. Sticking with myfitnesspal has been the main focus point to my success, logging my food and drink intake daily for 35 dates in a row and lost 35 pounds.
    2. The support of my wife and family.
    3. Researching diet and signing up for health-related daily emails delivered to my inbox to educate me on diet.
    4. Monitoring and lowering Calorie intake to about 400 or 500 calories below daily recommended is better than hard workout for losing weight. at first but if you are trying to muscle up it is just fine. but you will not lose as much weight.
    5. Drink plenty of good clean water "I get Zephyrhills Natural Spring Water from Florida of the United States delivered to my house and I drink about 64 ounces a day. I started drinking that amount because of the amount of medication I take and friend of mine had a kidney replacement and his doctor told him to drink that amount of water each day so I thought it would be a good amount.
    6. I totally stopped drinking Sodas of any kind and juices and now I only drink a couple cups of coffee in the morning and maybe 1 cup at night and pure water the rest of the day. I feel cleaner for doing it.
  • ChristineKing6
    ChristineKing6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Meal prepping and strength training, getting that protein in and supplementing calcium, vitamin D and Magnesium and Iron, zinc, vitamin C has helped with faster recovery, I've had issues with recovery and my legs have been killing me up until the point when I supplemented calcium and made sure to get enough of those animal protein sourced amino acids. I'm paleo/keto (right now keto soley) and these two diets have been great to my health!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Logging all food and drink consistently. Sticking with it everyday even if it's a bad day.
    Mutually supportive friends. One way support which is all take and no give just does not work.
  • KTRCZ
    KTRCZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just cutting out the unnecessary eating between meals and doing more exercise has certainly helped loads. Helps sticking to calorie intake.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!