Favourite Healthy Junk

Options
Kait_Dee
Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
What's your favourite healthy junk?

I'm a junk-food junkie (SW: 260 | CW: 158) and I've spent countless hours in the kitchen learning how to create easy, fast, life hacks to support my addiction in a healthy way.

My current favourites are chocolate protein lava cake and light pistachio ice cream (pic below! :smiley: ) Or low fat banana bread. What's your go-to, outside of the norm, healthy junk? (The norm being things like: berries, whipped cream, Greek yogurt etc.)

Replies

• Kait_Dee
    Options
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love Chapman's Sorbet, I'm working my way through trying all of the flavours!
    I have an air popper as well, so I like to make popcorn. I often eat it plain, but a couple of times I have melted semi sweet chocolate chips to pour as a drizzle over top. Other times I mix in a bit of purchased flavoured popcorn to my airpopped bowl.
  • PhaeLV
    PhaeLV Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of chocolate, which seems to be everyone's go-to. But I enjoy those banana paleo-pancake things that were shared all over facebook a while back. ((Basically just egg and banana)). They're sweet, simple and a nice treat when we have left over eggs in the house(we don't buy them very often and tend to waste quite a few of them).
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered frozen baby bananas. 2 ingredient cookies.
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    I love Chapman's Sorbet, I'm working my way through trying all of the flavours!
    I have an air popper as well, so I like to make popcorn. I often eat it plain, but a couple of times I have melted semi sweet chocolate chips to pour as a drizzle over top. Other times I mix in a bit of purchased flavoured popcorn to my airpopped bowl.

That sounds amazing..! Great idea... :blush:
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    PhaeLV wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of chocolate, which seems to be everyone's go-to. But I enjoy those banana paleo-pancake things that were shared all over facebook a while back. ((Basically just egg and banana)). They're sweet, simple and a nice treat when we have left over eggs in the house(we don't buy them very often and tend to waste quite a few of them).

Ooo. Yes - I recall those. Thanks for the idea.. I'll have to give them a go. :smile:
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    MinmoInk wrote: »

What are in your two ingredient cookies? Intrigued..!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I don't use the word "junk" to describe food.
  • KMGetsFit
    KMGetsFit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza, homemade "bark" using cookies and cream quest bars and coconut butter, protein cheesecake
  • MinmoInk
    Options
    Kait_Dee wrote: »
    MinmoInk wrote: »

What are in your two ingredient cookies? Intrigued..!

Mashed overriped banana and oatmeal! I usually add chocolate chips and stevia with tons of cinnamon. You can do two bananas, smush em up and add the oatmeal (not the instant kind) until you can form little balls, then add mix ins and bake until you see fit. Honestly it's the easiest treat I can make lol. I sometimes like them thin and with a real bite to em (I tend to call these oatcakes) and sometimes I bake em more round so they come out more tender. Or you can just follow the instructions here - http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/09/2-ingredient-healthy-banana-bread-breakfast-cookies-with-delicious-add-ins/
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Healthy junk... That's quite an oxymoron.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've done the two ingredient cookies and they ended up in the trash. Just ugh.

For me, I guess it would be flavored Greek yogurt, Chobani flips or Oikos crunch, Greek yogurt with protein powder, oatmeal with protein powder, Kind bars and the like. And Edy's slow churned ice cream (which my favorite store stopped carrying and I'm really bummed about).
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with protein powder and dark chocolate chips. Sunflower seeds (roasted unsalted) and dark chocolate. Banana blended with vanilla protein powder (faux ice cream) with what ever mix ins I fancy that day.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    ehh.. ive tried the like faux this or healthier that. If i want "junk" im eating junk.
  • MinmoInk
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I've done the two ingredient cookies and they ended up in the trash. Just ugh.

Annnnd I still hope OP tries them since they are very customizable :) as always with recipes YMMV
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Kallo blueberry & vanilla rice cakes topped with almond butter and halved blueberries. Yum! Tastes indulgent but really not so bad.
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys! Appreciate the feedback :smiley:
  • shannon1897
    shannon1897 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kait_Dee wrote: »
    PhaeLV wrote: »

Ooo. Yes - I recall those. Thanks for the idea.. I'll have to give them a go. :smile:

Ooh i love them! I made them the other day and i do add lots of cinnamon. They keep me going for ages!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It sounds like by 'healthy junk' you mean low calorie sweets. I like sugar free pudding made with fat free milk.
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    It sounds like by 'healthy junk' you mean low calorie sweets. I like sugar free pudding made with fat free milk.

Low calorie or modified recipes - yes. I hadn't thought of puddings..! Thanks for the additional idea. I used to make low fat pudding and have it with fruit a lot when I first started my journey - that may just be a nice little treat again..!