Favourite Healthy Junk

Options

Replies

• Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    sarabushby wrote: »
    Kallo blueberry & vanilla rice cakes topped with almond butter and halved blueberries. Yum! Tastes indulgent but really not so bad.

Sounds delicious and filling..! Good pre-workout snack..!!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Cottage cheese with protein powder and dark chocolate chips. Sunflower seeds (roasted unsalted) and dark chocolate. Banana blended with vanilla protein powder (faux ice cream) with what ever mix ins I fancy that day.

I like the protein ice cream idea - I've never tried that before :smiley:
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I really love Annie's chocolate graham bunnies!! I usually eat them with an ounce of peanuts and it's killer.
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    cpalumbo89 wrote: »
    I really love Annie's chocolate graham bunnies!! I usually eat them with an ounce of peanuts and it's killer.

Oooo! That's a good one..!
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to make is homemade baked potato fries with cheese! I add basil, black pepper and garlic to the chopped up potato slices, bake until done then broil cheddar. Yum.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love Stoneyfield organic frozen yogurt Chocolate or vanilla with a spoonful of honey (it gets hard and chewy, so good w the creamy yogurt) and a spoonful of salted roasted peanuts.
    1/2 Cup is only 100 calories
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My favorite "junk food" is actually a veggie delite sub with the hot dressing on it. o:) Subway is probably not the highest quality place to eat, but man... I love that sandwich. Especially now that they added avocado to the toppings list. Next time I might even get one with double avocado!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    My favorite thing to make is homemade baked potato fries with cheese! I add basil, black pepper and garlic to the chopped up potato slices, bake until done then broil cheddar. Yum.

Mmmmm!!! That sounds amazing..! What temp do you bake them at?!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    I love Stoneyfield organic frozen yogurt Chocolate or vanilla with a spoonful of honey (it gets hard and chewy, so good w the creamy yogurt) and a spoonful of salted roasted peanuts.
    1/2 Cup is only 100 calories

That sounds wonderful..! I'll have to try honey in my FroYo!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    My favorite "junk food" is actually a veggie delite sub with the hot dressing on it. o:) Subway is probably not the highest quality place to eat, but man... I love that sandwich. Especially now that they added avocado to the toppings list. Next time I might even get one with double avocado!

Mmmm - I lovelovelove subway as a treat.. :smiley:
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Pizza. It's actually quite healthy.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Kait_Dee wrote: »
    PhaeLV wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of chocolate, which seems to be everyone's go-to. But I enjoy those banana paleo-pancake things that were shared all over facebook a while back. ((Basically just egg and banana)). They're sweet, simple and a nice treat when we have left over eggs in the house(we don't buy them very often and tend to waste quite a few of them).

Ooo. Yes - I recall those. Thanks for the idea.. I'll have to give them a go. :smile:

I have these for breakfast soo often I love love love them!
  • ani_terzyan
    ani_terzyan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Your chocolate lava cake sounds amazing! Would you mind sharing the recipe?
  • CyberR3V
    CyberR3V Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nestle Outshine Fruit Bars....basically little popsicles made with real fruit/juice and real sugar. Low calorie, no fat, and low carbs.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Chocoloate peanut butter fat bombs. I use about 1 c melted coconut oil, 1/2c peanut butter, 3 Tbs cocoa, 12-24 drops of stevia and some salt. I fill a couple of ice trays with it, and then try not to have more than one or two a night.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Maple pumpkin and apple cinnamon Mighty Muffins. I wish I'd never been introduced. Lol
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Pizza. It's actually quite healthy.

Great thinking.. And you're right .. I love making homemade pizza with tortillas or pitas. :smiley: Thanks for the idea!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Your chocolate lava cake sounds amazing! Would you mind sharing the recipe?

Sure thing!

Ingredients:
    - 1 scoop of chocolate protein (I use Magnum Chocolate Love)
    - 1/4tsp baking powder
    - 1/2tbsp Cocoa
    - 1/2tbsp milk chocolate chips
    - 1/2tsp vanilla extract
    - 1tsp stevia powder or 6 drops of liquid stevia
    - 1/4c cold water

Method:
    - In a microwave safe dish, blend all dry ingredients together
    - Add stevia, vanilla and water - mix into a batter
    - Microwave batter for 30 seconds
    - Let the cake settle in the microwave for a few seconds
    - Microwave an additional 6 seconds
    - Remove from microwave and add a dash of cinnamon, a few sprinkles or a bit of whippin' cream for a delightful treat!

I sometimes make variations that include different extracts instead of vanilla (ie: lemon, banana, rum, maple etc) and different toppings (reduced carb cherry pie filling, shredded coconut, banana chips etc) too. It's a fantastic way to end an evening or a nice meal. I've also been known to have it for lunch a time or two ... :wink:

I hope you enjoy the recipe..!

• Kait_Dee
    Options
    CyberR3V wrote: »
    Nestle Outshine Fruit Bars....basically little popsicles made with real fruit/juice and real sugar. Low calorie, no fat, and low carbs.

Sounds awesome! Thank you for the idea!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Chocoloate peanut butter fat bombs. I use about 1 c melted coconut oil, 1/2c peanut butter, 3 Tbs cocoa, 12-24 drops of stevia and some salt. I fill a couple of ice trays with it, and then try not to have more than one or two a night.

Holy smokes - these sound amazing..! I'm on reduced fat right now .. But I'm tucking this little recipe away for when I'm ready to amp up my fat..!