Bored poll: Monogamy

Options

Replies

• Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    All for it! You will never love someone 100% (even if you say you do) you can accept them 100% but not love everything about them. You may want 80% of what they have but you go looking for that 20% in someone else. It's a choice to be happy with the 80% becuase it's sooooo much better than the 20% the other can give you.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    A choice. Not for everyone, but for some. Something that's often reinforced by religion. There's no right way to do it.

I would prefer a monogamish marriage. Someone who was my main partner and shared an emotional bond with me. But we would also enjoy different partners together and individually. Lots of communication and complete honesty and respect.

But I also have a lot of respect for poly couples. The ones I have known are so close and have really bettered themselves by being able to understand their insecurities through dealing with jealousy. Mad props.

best answer ever!!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have always been monogamous, even when the woman was a total starfish

Lol!!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    its necessary to create a non-chaotic society. its also possible, but not easy.

The polygamous and polygynous societies would disagree with you.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have always been monogamous, even when the woman was a total starfish

:laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It can be difficult...I love my wife tons and I wouldn't want that relationship with anyone else...but chicks are hot and sexy and tend to be very bangable. That said, I just use my imagination a lot.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Myself I think it depends on the person.
    Before with others I often found myself thinking "gah this so old fashioned and not fun" because some need wasn't being fullfilled. Either emotionally or physically.

Now that I have a loved one that leaves me pretty fullflled, the thought of somebody else really kind of grosses me out.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I believe in just one God. I know there are a lot of vikings and druids. So if you are pologamy that is fine, but I think most of the people are mostly just christian. I'm not sure I could deal with having a bible for every god, it must be exhausting.

I believe you're thinking of the term monotheistic. lol
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Mahogany?
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    It ain't easy.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, easy----but only because I found the right partner. If it's not the right partner, it's not gonna work.

That's just me, and I'd only be with someone who felt the same way. But if any other people are into swinging or whatever, y'all have fun! Whatever works for you!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    not a huge fan, cause I like freedom and choices, but I love my man, and no one compares to him anyway...so before we became exclusive I would just be disappointed and miss him anyway. So, while he isn't around as much as I want and need, I don't want anyone else anyway. I just accept that and its fine.

tumblr_mpacftFuNF1stghk8o1_500.png
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Sexually Transmitted Disease!
    Keep it at home.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Mahogany?
    got wood?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I find it easy. I think it would be hard to have more than one partner. I like to give my whole self and put everything I've got into a relationship and wear my heart on my sleeve. My SO doesn't have to be the same in putting their emotions out there 100 percent of the time, but I do expect 100 percent commitment. Three and a half years says it's working fine for me so far! :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Mahogany?
    got wood?

Some people say it's hard, but I think that's a good quality.
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's a learned moral value, but I don't think we're wired this way no?
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Mahogany?
    got wood?

Schwing....

orYDLadn2que85ysqeFtPMyCo1_400-1.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Mahogany?
    got wood?

Some people say it's hard, but I think that's a good quality.

tumblr_lwcx199Kw91r8tkago1_500.gif
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    A choice. Not for everyone, but for some. Something that's often reinforced by religion. There's no right way to do it.

I would prefer a monogamish marriage. Someone who was my main partner and shared an emotional bond with me. But we would also enjoy different partners together and individually. Lots of communication and complete honesty and respect.

But I also have a lot of respect for poly couples. The ones I have known are so close and have really bettered themselves by being able to understand their insecurities through dealing with jealousy. Mad props.

She took what I was thinking and said it a thousand times better than I could so I am just gonna sit in my corner and nod in agreement with all of this.