Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    How is everyone
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Hi Pi
  • pie_eyes
    I'll leave out the details but I feel *kitten* like most mornings ,

I gotta spic & span the house and grocery shop later , then it's my typical Monday Night
  • pie_eyes
    I had a weird dream last night , my mom always told me that if you tell somebody what you dreamt it'll come true so with that in mind , I'll keep it to myself lol
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    my sunburn is sooooo bad. It was cold on Sunday, but still sunny. I didn't even think about sunburn, but now my face is leather and my nose is already starting to peel.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    138shades wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    We had snow last night. That became rain and now it's gone. Nature is stupid
    Canada..

Yup. Blame Canada why dontcha

What's going on over there.........so many suicide attempts in that one community. Scary stuff.

I think that's way up north. There's often problems in northern communities. Some are so isolated. But then again I haven't read the news
  • pie_eyes
    Canada..

Yup. Blame Canada why dontcha

What's going on over there.........so many suicide attempts in that one community. Scary stuff.

Say what
  • synchkat
    There's a town in northern Ontario that's had a bunch of suicide attempts. It's an isolated First Nation. Typically there are lots of stories like this from places like that. It's sad. They usually live in poverty and are so isolated it's tough to get them help.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    There is construction going on right outside my office. I have been listening to the soothing sound of a jackhammer for the last 4 hours. I'm about to lose my mind!
  • pie_eyes
    There's a town in northern Ontario that's had a bunch of suicide attempts. It's an isolated First Nation. Typically there are lots of stories like this from places like that. It's sad. They usually live in poverty and are so isolated it's tough to get them help.

Oh my
  • synchkat
    sorry, the therapist in me notices that type of stuff.

I'm hoping that a form of electronics at home has some battery left so I can get my lil dude to chill outside with me lol Dam....electronics.

I figured that's why you mentioned it. It's really sad but this kind of thing is common in these communities. Even ones that are in the "near north" are sad to drive through. It's amazing what we take for granted.
  • synchkat
    lauranorr wrote: »

I'm hoping that a form of electronics at home has some battery left so I can get my lil dude to chill outside with me lol Dam....electronics.

give him a bin with some baking soda and vinegar. let him go to town.

I've seen a neat experiment thing with milk and dish soap and fool colouring we did that.

I used to roll out a sheet of paper and let the boy go to town with paints outside. Our deck is kind of paint spattered because of it and he always ended up with bare feet and paint on them but it was fun
  • pie_eyes

I figured that's why you mentioned it. It's really sad but this kind of thing is common in these communities. Even ones that are in the "near north" are sad to drive through. It's amazing what we take for granted.

I wonder if they're any worse or better off than the poor people here , who don't attempt suicide
  • synchkat
    pie_eyes wrote: »

I wonder if they're any worse or better off than the poor people here , who don't attempt suicide

ya. I think the isolation has lots to do with it. This community is like max 2000 people (I read about it since Shades mentioned it) and like they don't even have a full time doctor in the community. One comes once a month. Food and gas and stuff is super expensive because it's hard to get there. I read they live in tents they heat with wood.
  • pie_eyes
    These daytime commercials sometimes are ridiculously cheesy , like you're not supposed to dance around while eating your Hershey bar ,

You're supposed to hide your face and hate every moment while sitting in a dark corner crumbled up into a ball...

Am I in the wrong on this?
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    These daytime commercials sometimes are ridiculously cheesy , like you're not supposed to dance around while eating your Hershey bar ,

You're supposed to hide your face and hate every moment while sitting in a dark corner crumbled up into a ball...

Am I in the wrong on this?

Don't think that'd sell many candy bars...
  • synchkat
    No idea Laura. The first nations have a long history of being discriminated here. There are all sorts of history surrounding these communities.
  • synchkat
    I always think, well, that would be a great idea for a research paper. Or I'll think, that would be a great topic for a study. Someone should do that. I'll read it. lol

lazy.

judgmental
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    i finished leg day. My arms might fall off.

what gets tired on arm day? :/
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    i finished leg day. My arms might fall off.

what gets tired on arm day? :/

This made me laugh so hard-not even sure why really, but thanks!