Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yes you would be right. So what it not a normal convo?
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    Yes you would be right. So what it not a normal convo?

It is. I'm just not used to 'normal' so I'm still learning what that means. Bear with me. :)
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it
  • Bill9160
    Bill9160 Posts: 8,600 Member
    Options
    Normal as opposed to 3 words at a time....lol

How is everyone this fine night/afternoon?
  • Bill9160
    Options
    Hello all....I'm here in the states and we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday. Now we get to enjoy sub zero temperatures for the next few days.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm from Canada. I think at some time we moved to the Arctic. Haha. This polar vortex isn't pleasant. Will be great for the ground water table come spring though.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Why does your profile pic say burly, you're anything but burly.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hardly any here in my part of the UK, some winters none at all

would you believe our winters seem to be coming later and later and we always start saying OMG do you think this will be an easy winter and it's like all Canadians jinx ourselves saying this. Well Ontarians or I guess Torontonians more specifically. We always get a big blizzard. We always have to dig out, it often get super cold. Just like in the summer it will be hot and humid...why anyone settled Canadian is beyond me. ya it's pretty but we get such extremes
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Nice is that a profession of your? Lol jk
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

would you believe our winters seem to be coming later and later and we always start saying OMG do you think this will be an easy winter and it's like all Canadians jinx ourselves saying this. Well Ontarians or I guess Torontonians more specifically. We always get a big blizzard. We always have to dig out, it often get super cold. Just like in the summer it will be hot and humid...why anyone settled Canadian is beyond me. ya it's pretty but we get such extremes

I always get a little jealous, I'd love to see a winter like you get. But I'd probably be running back to England damn quick, we can't cope here with it

My family was in London for a snow "storm" once. The schools were cancelled for what we'd call a dusting. haha but we have the infrastructure here. We have plows at the ready and they pre salt the roads. WE know how to do winter yet cars were still getting stuck on hills and stranded on the highway.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I know we're not to advertise here but in Canadian it's Let's Talk day when one of the phone companies donates 5 cents to mental health initiatives every time a video is watched or if you are a client a text message is sent or the hashtag is tweeted or instagrammed. I better get texting I guess haha
    but it's all about ending the stigma associated with mental health issues. We talk about cancer freely why don't we talk about what's going on in our heads more freely. It's not shameful. If you need help ask for it. We all need help from time to time. In conclusion, cause this has been long, take the time today to talk to your friends and family and ask how they're doing. Say hi to a stranger because you never know what someone else is going through. Maybe that one interaction will brighten their day. We can't fix everything but we can certainly try to help.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    @Gustaaf85 I'm a talker. Probably cause I'm a stay at home mom with lots of time? I will chat with anyone really but I learn really neat stuff often. My husband tells me I'm too friendly.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

I always get a little jealous, I'd love to see a winter like you get. But I'd probably be running back to England damn quick, we can't cope here with it

My family was in London for a snow "storm" once. The schools were cancelled for what we'd call a dusting. haha but we have the infrastructure here. We have plows at the ready and they pre salt the roads. WE know how to do winter yet cars were still getting stuck on hills and stranded on the highway.

This was our "snow" one evening last week. Can you see it? Lol
    biyrf4drmx43.jpg

haha yes that's a dusting. We wouldn't even say it's snowing. We have different names for snow storms. Flurries are kind of a light sprinkling. A squall is when it's like brief but intense snow those are scary cause they just pop up out of nowhere and are like a blizzard for 2 minutes.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Definitely just a dusting then.
    This was March last year, the whole place came to a standstill, this snowplough had to be dug out, yea, we can't cope. It was named the beast from the east
    yv4a6w3hvzvq.jpg

That was a good amount of snow. I just saw plows going around our area. Boooo means more digging out
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    @Gustaaf85 I'm a talker. Probably cause I'm a stay at home mom with lots of time? I will chat with anyone really but I learn really neat stuff often. My husband tells me I'm too friendly.

Well you are very chatty on here as well, so i guess it's in your nature

Seema to be the case. My husband is a bit miffed he introduced me to curling and now he's known as Alison's husband cause I have made more friends
  • Bill9160
    Options
    You just have a magnetic personality!

Look at all the people who interact with you here.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    haha that's quite the comment

• AliNouveau
    Options
    I need to take the dry-cleaning to the corner. Which is where the dry cleaners is, I jut don't take it to the corner and leave it there and hope someone cleans it for me. Anyway it's sooooo cold I don't want to go out but it's easier to walk than to find parking and I have a sweet parking spot that I don't want to have to give up. Should I reward myself with a coffee after I drop it off? Imma gonna say yes Alison you should
  • AliNouveau
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Omg it is insanely cold and windy I didn't bother with coffee. Survival was hard enough.
  • Bill9160
    Options
    This cold is insane.