Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Ah. See we always owe. Not sure I remember the last time I got a refund. Since hubs is essentially self employed and a part owner we get slammed at tax time
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Why is everyone doing their taxes alrwady???

Because it's fun to do :smiley:

Ok probably not for most people, but for me as a accountant i like to figure out for people where they can get extra deductions or extra income.

I do not know how it works in USA or Canada, but i like to do it for people here.

Last year i did tax return for a 60 y/o woman that always had it done by her husband and later her son.

Found out that she could have had over € 2500 return extra each year for the last 30 years. So called the belastingdienst (IRS for us dutchies) and explained and she got it back for the last 5 years, so she got a return of € 13.000,-

That is what makes me happy, mainly just to screw over the goverment :lol:

That is awesome!!! I bet you made her year a bit brighter :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    Why is everyone doing their taxes alrwady???

Because it's fun to do :smiley:

Ok probably not for most people, but for me as a accountant i like to figure out for people where they can get extra deductions or extra income.

I do not know how it works in USA or Canada, but i like to do it for people here.

Last year i did tax return for a 60 y/o woman that always had it done by her husband and later her son.

Found out that she could have had over € 2500 return extra each year for the last 30 years. So called the belastingdienst (IRS for us dutchies) and explained and she got it back for the last 5 years, so she got a return of € 13.000,-

That is what makes me happy, mainly just to screw over the goverment :lol:

Wow that's awesome. Nice you could do that for her.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Yay that was an awesome thing you were able to do for her.
  • Bill9160
    Bill9160 Posts: 8,600 Member
    Options
    I usually do mine online...stopped getting a nice refund after I could no longer claim my son. Now if I get back anything it's not much.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    We actually just got our refund....Saturday, I think? So that was a nice bonus
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Yay for refunds

Omg I had the best curling game ever today. It was my last with my super nice skip Russ. Now I get the creepy perv Paul. The organizer told me he has going to keep me on his team but had a request so inhave to pay my penance Hahah
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    You have to play for the old perv guy? That sucks.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Oh well I asked for another friend to be on the team. He's brand new it will drive the perv crazy
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    lol Hopefully he'll start being less creepy.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    We shall see. The friend is a good friend, like has been over to my house so maybe creepy guy will feel intimidated. Haha. Doubt it
  • Bill9160
    Options
    Not all pervy guys are creepy....am I?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Are you 80 and wink and tell me you came to see what was going on but stayed cause he was enjoying the view? Or make comments on my butt if I bend over
  • Bill9160
    Options
    I'm not 80...and I will plead the 5th on your butt
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    So I started a loaf of bread so I can make some fresh tomorrow to go with the honey my skip gave me today. He has his own bees and makes his own honey. Neat eh
  • Bill9160
    Options
    Cool...

I did the baguette rolls with cheese & pepperoni...Came out great...perfect burger bun
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    That sounds delish. I'm making my Italian loaf. My brother will be arriving tomorrow evening so it'll be a nice treat
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    So I started a loaf of bread so I can make some fresh tomorrow to go with the honey my skip gave me today. He has his own bees and makes his own honey. Neat eh

I’d love to keep bees one day! I’m terrible at gardening, but I’d be happy to let a chunk of property go to meadow to support a colony.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Seems like a really neat hobby
  • Bill9160
    Options
    I wouldn't look good in a beekeeper outfit...not flattering to my figure