Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• LaMartian
    LaMartian Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Anytime I do cardio

761f279ad84e6cbaf7e8deb9319b37ce.jpg
  • LaMartian
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    That was funny, am I feminine? effeminate? Hmmm...so I done some checking.. y'know... down there.. and turns out.. I got man parts... for the record...Yay for the cookie... what kind was it? I miss a lot in the evening... I don't go on line after work.. I think it is enough I spend my days in front of the screens... anyway... have a great day peeps

wut
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Just treadmill, nothing crazy until I get my stamina built up.

are you training for something?

Now, just want to be able to jog for more than 2 minutes at a time without dying. I want to mainly just sweat a few pounds off to start then start working with weights maybe to tone up. I have no idea what I'm doing :)

I've been going less than a month me either just making it up as I go
    But I am addicted to the energy
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    you'll get there running is hard. Every time I do it I'm like why am I doing this...oh ya it's like the fastest way to get a super quick big burn and it makes your legs look good I'm told
  • LaMartian
    Options
    I just love running because I get to meet lots of new and interesting people, like paramedics
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    J383 wrote: »
    Today is my first day back to the gym. Anyone wanna partner up with me?

On treadmill now

Ever done treadmill lunges? I do side shuffle, backwards high knees, plank climb, when I am on my treadmill. It is pretty awesome once you get into routine.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My stepson is graduating from Marine boot camp next week so my husband is taking 2 close friends with him to the graduation. They will be representing Army, Marines, and Navy. I think it's pretty cool :)
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    I can't run just yet but one day
  • LaMartian
    Options
    If you're going for endurance, you might enjoy wind sprints and HIIT. I used to do those across the football field when a navy PT test was coming up and I wanted to shave a few more seconds off my run time.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Options
    I can't run just yet but one day

I sound like a freaking horse when I try to run, lol. I'm so heavy footed.
  • J383
    Options
    I started running in June by October I was running a mile in 17 mins. Now I can run a mile in 13 mins, it takes time for sure. I couldn't run 30 seconds when I started. I get those looks...wow, YOU run? lmao Yes...I run.
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    I started running in June by October I was running a mile in 17 mins. Now I can run a mile in 13 mins, it takes time for sure. I couldn't run 30 seconds when I started. I get those looks...wow, YOU run? lmao Yes...I run.

That's awesome Jen
  • LaMartian
    Options
    You may also want to consider running with a weight vest or really just wearing one all day long. Eight to twelve hours with a 60lb weight vest on is exhausting initially, but once you get used to it and it comes off, running is easy
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Options
    LaMartian wrote: »
    You may also want to consider running with a weight vest or really just wearing one all day long. Eight to twelve hours with a 60lb weight vest on is exhausting initially, but once you get used to it and it comes off, running is easy

I'm only 143 lbs, I can't even imagine wearing a 60 lb vest.....Holy Cow!!
  • LaMartian
    Options
    Well they're adjustable. My vest is weighted with sand pouches, removable 2lbs at a time down to 10lbs.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Options
    If I still had my horses, I would be in shape :(
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    If I still had my horses, I would be in shape :(

Ride a cowboy save a horse !!
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Options
    Broke, but in shape.
  • J383
    Options

That's awesome Jen

Thanks! There is an app to help you start as well. C25K I used it in the beginning.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Options
    lol