Get it out!!!!

Options

Replies

• TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    When they buy things and it's brought into the house it's for everyone in the house. We don't put our names on our food items and say they are just the person that they belong to. Everyone contributes to groceries in the house because we all live there.

My family doesn't label either because we either know what's ours or if we do share, we actually share it & therefore won't take more than we're suppose to. If food is being brought into the house, that you feel like you shouldn't be eating, no matter whom buys it; then that should be a signal that it isn't to be shared with you & then that designates it as being solely for those that're suppose to have it.
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I know how to spell "temptation" I just typed it to fast
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    People are pretty clever and cute with there words on this site. Not sure I follow them all. My mantra was fit by 40, 20 years ago. I should come up with another one. So they have you getting divorced from mountain dew. Not a bad plan. Good luck with your diet. I think it's finding the motivation that makes a biggest difference whether we're successful or not.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Is Timtation one of the adult kids?

Lmao smart *kitten*

She even said he was strong so I assumed he was muscling his way past her into the house with arms full of stuff.

I thought it was the latest treat from Tim Hortons

But to the op if they buy it then think of it as theirs. They spent their money on it so let them enjoy it and don't give into the temptation. I but handfuls of chocolate bars for my son every week and I have no desire to eat them just cause they're there. I bought them for him
  • hdatres
    Options
    People are pretty clever and cute with there words on this site. Not sure I follow them all. My mantra was fit by 40, 20 years ago. I should come up with another one. So they have you getting divorced from mountain dew. Not a bad plan. Good luck with your diet. I think it's finding the motivation that makes a biggest difference whether were successful or not.

• hdatres
    Options
    I appreciate your words and understanding. I'm getting pretty bashed here........ Being accused of stealing food from other people and sleeping with my stepson.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Is Timtation one of the adult kids?

I stated: Mountain dew and potato chips. How do you get I'm tempted by my stepson??? Ewww your sick.

LOL.. I can't MFP today. I just Can't!

:laugh:

Aww, c'mon....you know you wanna...

Darn you and your peer pressure :laugh:

R_7245098_1437043738_6579_jpeg.jpg

O. M. F. G. :lol: I am done. Just done. *dies*

<3
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I appreciate your words and understanding. I'm getting pretty bashed here........ Being accused of stealing food from other people and sleeping with my stepson.

In all fairness I did clarify my comment, after you explained your situation further; so clearly I don't agree that your stealing but I do agree with @synchkat. As for the "temptation" thing, it wasn't an accusation; some people like to joke/be sarcastic but I only am, when it doesn't involve a problem; that someone is seeking help for.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I think this is more an issue of self control. You have to learn to love with junk being around and not always giving into the urge to eat it. it's not wrong to feel that way, it's probably what got you here in the first place but it's this kind of thinking you have to change if you want to be successful in your weightloss. That's my further two cents. resist once and you realize you can...resist a few times more and you'll be on you way to winning the battle
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

In all fairness I did clarify my comment, after you explained your situation further; so clearly I don't agree that your stealing but I do agree with @synchkat. As for the "temptation" thing, it wasn't an accusation; some people like to joke/be sarcastic but I only am when it doesn't involve a problem, that someone is seeking help for.

This. The way your post was worded made "timtation" appear to be a person so the question was asked if he was one of the adult children (I cannot believe I am typing this right now) you then somehow turned that into sleeping with your step son and called her "sick" for suggesting such a thing. She never suggested that, you did.

That being said, welcome to MFP, this is the Chit Chat forum which used to be tied together with the "fun and games" forum. We laugh here, we make light of things and it is Friday afternoon, I have been dealing with 2 children with the runs, strep throat, ear infections and vomit for a week and 1 day now, and I am now running a fever and feel as if I am swallowing razor blades, and in my delirious state while trying to force myself to make it the last hour and 43 minutes of the horrendous work day this thread made me smile. So thank you, and please do not take this seriously because like I said, we are all just here to smile and have a bit of fun. The other forum sections are geared more toward serious discussions if that is what you are looking for. Perhaps the "motivation and support" section.

Have a wonderful weekend. :flowerforyou:

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Just curious, are the adult boys trying to eat better/lose weight/etc too?

I dunno.....I'd prob want the boys to move on, start their lives. Cut the daddy-apron strings. Sounds like the new hubby li'l codependent with the boys. I guess if it were me, I'd not eat/drink their stuff but if its too much temptation for you, have them just put one soda at a time in the fridge for that day. Don't make it easy for them, say their own fridge, lol. If you make it easy on them, they may NEVER move out!

As for 2 adult boys living there, I would also require them to each take a night & prepare dinner + cleanup. I would also have them doing daily chores too. Like I said, make it so they have to contribute. (Not saying they aren't...just my own 2-cents here.) But this requirement would have to come from the DAD you don't wish to be the evil stepmom. :)
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have been dealing with 2 children with the runs, strep throat, ear infections and vomit for a week and 1 day now, and I am now running a fever and feel as if I am swallowing razor blades...

How YOU doin? :bigsmile:

tumblr_mkizbx6dki1s25i89o1_500.gif?w=656
    Wanna come over? LOL!
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    edited March 2016
    Options

I dunno.....I'd prob want the boys to move on, start their lives. Cut the daddy-apron strings. Sounds like the new hubby li'l codependent with the boys. I guess if it were me, I'd not eat/drink their stuff but if its too much temptation for you, have them just put one soda at a time in the fridge for that day. Don't make it easy for them, say their own fridge, lol. If you make it easy on them, they may NEVER move out!

As for 2 adult boys living there, I would also require them to each take a night & prepare dinner + cleanup. I would also have them doing daily chores too. Like I said, make it so they have to contribute. (Not saying they aren't...just my own 2-cents here.) But this requirement would have to come from the DAD you don't wish to be the evil stepmom. :)

Since they're bringing food into the house for everyone, they're obviously contributing & from her description of their Father being attached to them, it'd be the boys that'd have to cut their apron strings; from their Father. So it's the Father that's codependent but she also mentioned that she knew this & obviously accepted this, when she became his wife. Why should they have their own refrigerator, even if they weren't contributing? If unnecessary segregation is wrong publicly, with strangers; why would this be acceptable to do privately with your own family? I just don't understand why people believe that it's okay, to treat their family worse; than they do the public.
  • hdatres
    Options

No the boys don't care about weight they are 6ft and over 300 lbs they can't bend over to tie there shoes. They have to sit to bring there feet up to tie them.it's sad.
    They share a large pizza every other day.
    I would be the evil step mom if I said anything. I've tried. This is my life, I've become the house maid sense I've become unemployed.no compassion at my house.
    But I can do better in my health with eating and exercise. I can set a good example.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Since they're bringing food into the house for everyone, they're obviously contributing & from her description of their Father being attached to them, it'd be the boys that'd have to cut their apron strings; from their Father. So it's the Father that's codependent but she also mentioned that she knew this & obviously accepted this, when she became his wife. Why should they have their own refrigerator, even if they weren't contributing? If unnecessary segregation is wrong publicly, with strangers; why would this be acceptable to do privately with your own family? I just don't understand why people believe that it's okay, to treat their family worse; than they do the public.

Asking for help from her family to achieve her health goals isn't a bad thing, If she is having trouble resisting things like Mountain Dew, and a small fridge the sons can keep separate from the main one helps to keep her on track, where is the harm.

OP - great job for recognizing the issues, and remember that indulging in those treats will not help you achieve your goals. Try to come up with a healthier habit. If you are tempted by something in the house that isn't on your plan, pick something else to substitute for it. It doesn't even have to be food. Your sub could be a piece of fruit or a string cheese for protein, or it can be something to distract you, like a quick walk around the block, an adult coloring book, or knitting - anything that will keep your hands busy. I find that if I distract myself for a few minutes, the craving goes away.

You can also set up a reward jar for yourself. Get an empty clear jar, and every time you are able to resist temptation, throw a dollar in there. That can be the money you use to treat yourself for success, or to buy the new clothes you will need to buy as you drop sizes *_* You can use pretty rocks, marbles, anything that represents the temptations you avoided. Seeing the jar fill up will remind you of how much you've accomplished. And if you use the objects instead of cash in the jar, you should still set a reward amount to spend when it's full, & then start all over again. Good luck!
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My apologies for the bad punctuation - I didn't proofread it closely enough before hitting the "post reply" button.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

We laugh here, we make light of things and it is Friday afternoon, I have been dealing with 2 children with the runs, strep throat, ear infections and vomit for a week and 1 day now, and I am now running a fever and feel as if I am swallowing razor blades

I'm... very sorry about your Plague.
  • hdatres
    Options
    That's awesome thank you for the support
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    Options
    NEOHgirl wrote: »

Asking for help from her family to achieve her health goals isn't a bad thing, If she is having trouble resisting things like Mountain Dew, and a small fridge the sons can keep separate from the main one helps to keep her on track, where is the harm.

OP - great job for recognizing the issues, and remember that indulging in those treats will not help you achieve your goals. Try to come up with a healthier habit. If you are tempted by something in the house that isn't on your plan, pick something else to substitute for it. It doesn't even have to be food. Your sub could be a piece of fruit or a string cheese for protein, or it can be something to distract you, like a quick walk around the block, an adult coloring book, or knitting - anything that will keep your hands busy. I find that if I distract myself for a few minutes, the craving goes away.

You can also set up a reward jar for yourself. Get an empty clear jar, and every time you are able to resist temptation, throw a dollar in there. That can be the money you use to treat yourself for success, or to buy the new clothes you will need to buy as you drop sizes *_* You can use pretty rocks, marbles, anything that represents the temptations you avoided. Seeing the jar fill up will remind you of how much you've accomplished. And if you use the objects instead of cash in the jar, you should still set a reward amount to spend when it's full, & then start all over again. Good luck!

Asking someone to segregate themselves, beyond what's necessary (necessary meaning: parent's & children, have their own bedrooms); is cruel. When you choose to reside with others, you choose to deal with them; in this way as well. Same thing when 1 chooses to go to the grocery store, the grocery store isn't going to relocate something you'd like because you shouldn't have it. If you wouldn't expect this action publicly from strangers, why'd you expect it privately from family?