So You Want To Have Friends on MFP??

Options
PocketPunky
PocketPunky Posts: 187 Member
Well, obviously if you're reading this, you've discovered the forums. And if you've discovered the forums, you've discovered that there's a whole social side to MFP.

I, personally, like to call it Facebook For Fitness Freaks.

Once you've been here awhile, you will find that you can cultivate your perfect FL (Friend List) by making friends and finding the people that fit best into your little community.

But there are good ways to go about this...and there are bad ways to go about this...

Each really depends upon your goal for what you want this site to be for you.

1) Do you want a FL full of people who will tell you that you're 10/10 and what they want to do to you? Welp, there's threads where you can find those people. If not, mayyyyybe stay out of those threads.

2) Do you have absolutely no interest in knowing your friends and/or do you not care if you have anything in common with them? Then, by all means, make a thread about how you'll take ANYONE! If you want to make sure you actually have things in common with your friends...maybe don't find them that way.

3) Do you *really* hope that people will send you racy pics? The threads mentioned in #1 can help with that. Also, please, start a thread where you give the whole world your KIK screenname! That always works wonders! If you'd rather not get those pics...maybe you should get to know a little something about people before you add them.

4) If your goals are similar to mine, maybe you want to have fun but also take fitness seriously...so you OVER TIME cultivate the perfect community of people that you have gotten to know and have gotten to know you. THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.

And, mostly, if you're sending a FR, no matter what your goals are, ADD A MESSAGE. SERIOUSLY. Otherwise it's like thinking you can just walk into someone's home and move in without ever even explaining why you're there.

What else can you guys add?

P.S. Dear Mods, I didn't make fun of anyone. Please don't shut me down. But if you do...can I get an orange jumpsuit in my pic with the bars? Cause that'd be kind of fun... ;)

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Maybe they can even give you a jumpsuit with the little button flap in the back.

#2 :lol:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't want friends on MFP!! They post period pictures and talk about poop all the time.

Y'all need Jesus.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »
    I don't want friends on MFP!! They post period pictures and talk about poop all the time.

Y'all need Jesus.

i don't. i already have her on my FL
  • odusgolp
    Options

Y'all need Jesus.

10/10 I predict a second coming

1233713991799.jpg
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    What if I want a friends list to cultivate deep friendships with, but then spring surprise nudes on them?

A NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO OKAY YES kind of thing

I mean that could work...but maybe a deeper friendship means you should give a little warning.

Like when my friend asked me how I would feel about getting a half nekkid progress pic. And I responded with, "I've been on MFP long enough to know to ask which half..." :D

it's always my left half
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I always get a laugh when the people who are #2's publicly shame those who ask for a message. Because clearly as you said it's ok for people to just wander into your house. Although....that did happen to me in real life the other day.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    What if I want a friends list to cultivate deep friendships with, but then spring surprise nudes on them?

A NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO OKAY YES kind of thing

I mean that could work...but maybe a deeper friendship means you should give a little warning.

Like when my friend asked me how I would feel about getting a half nekkid progress pic. And I responded with, "I've been on MFP long enough to know to ask which half..." :D

not even

that kills half the fun :sad:

Again...I've been on MFP long enough to know to ask which half... :D

half of a half is just a semi :\

You can't do anything with a semi :disappointed:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Plus they're usually in it for the long haul.
  • maytehsp0rksbewithy0u
    Options

Y'all need Jesus.

10/10 would enter your tomb and have a second coming

I'd like to know where I can get tickets for this event...
  • maytehsp0rksbewithy0u
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    tl;dfc

If you "dfc" why comment? :|
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    *twirls hair around fingers and asks all innocent*
    What's kik?
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member