How far do you go on cheat days?

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    On my cheat days I usually eat about the same amount of food as on a normal day. The difference is that I don't work out (it's a rest day) and typically those calories come from less nutrient-dense sources. I usually eat 2000-2500 per day but I burn 500-700 through exercise 5 times a week. Weekends are my rest time, thus my cheat time in a sense. Ice cream instead of chicken breast kind of cheating.
  • Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    I feel too guilty on doing a cheat day, so I will have a cheat meal every once in a while. It puts me over my calorie goal, but I never go over my calories to maintain my weight. If I do, I exercise to burn them off. I log all of it though. That's just me.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    I don't necessarily allow myself an entire cheat day, but I'll allow a couple indulgences on the weekend mostly Saturday. BUT.....Saturday is when I do my long run of 10ish+ miles where I'll burn at least 1k calories so it doesn't have that big of an impact. Example, at brunch, I'll split french toast with my boyfriend. I don't go overboard.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    I eat 3500-4000 on normal days so my "cheat" would have to be fairly epic
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Why bother being good all week if you're going to blow it all on a binge? Makes absolutely no sense to me and smacks of disordered eating. If you have a good relationship with food then you shouldn't feel the need to "cheat" especially not an all day binge.

I am along this thinking also but that is just my personal feeling....

This!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    I don't have a full cheat day, I will have a little bit of what ever I am craving. Most times it will be a DQ blizzard on a Saturday night. YUMMY:wink:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    all the way.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    I see no need or reason for cheat days, I eat what I want to and stay under my calorie goal, always. If you have cheat days you're only "cheating" yourself. So I don't do it, ever. This may be different for some, but I can easily eat one cookie ( or half a cookie) and stop there, or one tablespoon of ice cream and call it enough.

I feel the same. And like you, I too am pleased that I can control myself. I know not everyone can, but, as example, I lick the knife after I cut & serve cake ~ it satisfies me ;) Than I log it as 1/4 slice.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    I cheated yesterday, if you want to call it that. I ate an entire Lindt chocolate bar (entirely except for the squares my son and husband pilfered). I went over by 500 - 600 cals, close to what will one day be my maintenance numbers.

Do I feel bad about it? Nope.

Will it stall my weight loss? Probably not.

Do I feel superior or inferior compared to anyone else doing this weight loss thing? F no.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    I go to third base on cheat days. What my partner doesn't know won't hurt him.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

:laugh:

I :heart: you, McB
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    I see no need or reason for cheat days, I eat what I want to and stay under my calorie goal, always. If you have cheat days you're only "cheating" yourself. So I don't do it, ever. This may be different for some, but I can easily eat one cookie ( or half a cookie) and stop there, or one tablespoon of ice cream and call it enough.

I feel the same. And like you, I too am pleased that I can control myself. I know not everyone can, but, as example, I lick the knife after I cut & serve cake ~ it satisfies me ;) Than I log it as 1/4 slice.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

NO.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    My 'cheat' day is simply a day I don't log. I still try and make healthy choices, I just don't worry about it if I have that one extra drink or check to see if I have room for ice-cream. I would say its more of a "real life test" day then a cheat day...a day that I have to make the decisions without the aid of looking at the numbers if that makes sense. Personally I think having this one day a week has been more helpful to me to take some of the logging stress/addiction out and gives me a chance to enjoy time out with friends or the husband without developing an unhealthy relationship with food. That said I am not looking to lose a lot of weight, and if I were I might see things differently, I am more trying to get more active and be more healthy then lose a ton of lbs.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    All the way.

...I actually don't have cheat days. I eat what I want when I want to and while I do have days where I go over it's no more a cheat day then the days I'm under are 'bonus' days, or whatever. So basically I don't believe in cheat days or naughty days or whatever silly term we're using.

Word, ladybro!
    Using a term such as "cheat/naughty" gives it a negative connotation and automatically implants guilt.

I usually eat whatever I want as long as I can fit it in my macros. You will totally see me enjoying ice cream or potato chips, no stress. Otherwise, during the weekend, I tend to be more forgiving. That is when I relax, so I have a tendency to have 200-300 calories extra Saturday and Sunday. I don't call them cheat days, they are just the weekend.

Exactly. I'm gonna have ribs, steak, and chicken tonight, along with greens, baked mac and cheese, and potato salad. I'm going to go over my goal. I don't consider it a cheat day, I consider it July 4th, a day for fun and food in the backyard with my family. There will be no guilt and I won't bemoan the day as a set back; I will enjoy every bite, log it with a smile on my face, and then go to bed full and happy.

What I won't be doing is eating 6000 calories, which is what would take for me to gain a pound (TDEE+3500). It's not gonna ruin my life or my month or even my week. I'm not doing anything wrong or bad or naughty (Trust me, when I get naughty....well. nevermind that.) and I won't treat it as such.

In conclusion: OmNomNomNom
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member

IN!

:heart:
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Too far which is why I don't have them often lol
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member

IN!

:heart:

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :smokin:
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    I don't have a set cheat day, so I'll go a week or two staying within calories but if there is an event or we have a big dinner out I EAT ALL OF THE NOMS.

everything.

But that's usually just one meal, not the whole day.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

This makes me sad.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I go NUTS. And I love every minute of it. I'm talking 6,000 calories sometimes.

No regrets. ^_^