How's everyone coping with Easter temptation?

Options
I must admit, I've fallen off the wagon today so feel pretty crap :( I had almost a whole Easter egg and a bag of chips. How are you getting over your Easter chocolate cravings?

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I only bought enough for each kid, so there are no extras. I don't really care for the sugar anyway.
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Well , i dont have any chocolate or candy in the house and no desserts here either so thats a win but, i did finish off some chips and will probably have more bread than i need with dinner but, its all good.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    We had our Easter dinner yesterday, which was mostly compatible (I eat LCHF) - ham, asparagus, small amount of sweet potato; did have a slice of apple pie, but, hey, it's a holiday. Had a good breakfast this morning (leftover ham and two hard boiled eggs). Planning leftovers of yesterday's dinner today, with the addition of some deviled eggs, so no problem there. Did have one Reese's peanut butter egg today, but that's all the candy I plan to have. The kids have a ton of candy, but I just look at it as "that's not mine". I have my own bar of very dark chocolate; I may have a couple squares of that tonight. So, all in all, not far off plan at all!
  • sammday5
    sammday5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are a bit different than I normally do had some alchol opppsss but still within the my calories so not all bad
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I recognize that a day off plan with the family isn't a big deal. We tend to be more active on holidays anyway, so I just focus on not going wild and eating everything in sight.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I live alone so it's easy to control it. I just don't buy anything that won't fit in calories that day or for next 2-3 days combined. And if I want something I'll just have something equally as good tasting. Why eat 200 grams of chocolate (up to 1000 calories in 200 grams here) when I can have a glass or two of chocolate milk (320 calories for two glasses)? :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    we dont celebrate with a dinner or anything and my kids are adults.so no easter candy in the house. so for me its pretty easy.I am eating some gummi watermelon rings but ehh Im gonna make it fit into my calories
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Satan tries to tempt me to sin every day, not just Easter. I ignore him!
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been okay, I had a cider yesterday and a low calorie pub lunch. It is unusual for me to receive anything at Easter so it has been rather easy. I was tempted to buy myself some chocolate today but I made a blueberry sorbet instead.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I made peanut butter protein balls for my sugar fix instead. I am staying away from candy like the plague.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to go home this weekend, so no temptations here.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I make it fit, because Reese's Peanut Butter eggs. ;)
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAHA!!!!! I'm coping with temptation just fine! It came along, it tempted, and I said, "Cool, let's do it!" I just ate my entire days worth of calories at brunch. entire. days. worth.
    Guess I'll be walking the rest of the day... how many miles is 1300 calories?
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Veryana wrote: »
    I live alone so it's easy to control it. I just don't buy anything that won't fit in calories that day or for next 2-3 days combined. And if I want something I'll just have something equally as good tasting. Why eat 200 grams of chocolate (up to 1000 calories in 200 grams here) when I can have a glass or two of chocolate milk (320 calories for two glasses)? :)

That's just reminded me of the most delicious mixed drink - chocolate milk with a shot or 2 of peppermint schnapps called most appropriately an Easter egg.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    umm i ate a thing of ice cream yesterday......thats how well im doing

cews4tkxt96j.jpg
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I was upset yesterday because I didn't go over at family dinner, when I'd planned on it, so I ate 350 calories of leftovers to balance my week. Today I had a mini chocolate bunny with my deviled eggs and don't plan to go over on dinner.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I made vegan brownies but that was more to do with 'the moon being in that part of the sky' than easter haha
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    12376353_10156698751460156_5957021483043200980_n.jpg

I bought myself one of those, and one peanut butter egg. I'm making them fit.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm eating all the things. Today is a feast day. I'm just trying not to be gluttonous.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm eating. It's 1 day out of what is supposed to be a lifestyle change. Plus, I have the rest of the week to stay within my goals. I'm not having everything but I will enjoy some things, for example I'm having ice cream, but no cake.