Looks or personality...?

Options

Replies

• bellajan17
    bellajan17 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Let me add to my previous post, I do think personality and character are just as important if not more important than looks...but that doesn't mean that I would want someone who is with me to not find me attractive and vice versa. Maybe it would be my personality that makes me more attractive to them...I don't know. I would just want to be seen as beautiful to them.
  • britishbeefcake
    britishbeefcake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bellajan17 wrote: »
    Let me add to my previous post, I do think personality and character are just as important if not more important than looks...but that doesn't mean that I would want someone who is with me to not find me attractive and vice versa. Maybe it would be my personality that makes me more attractive to them...I don't know. I would just want to be seen as beautiful to them.

Agree
  • j9ninay
    j9ninay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looks would have to be first thing to catch your eye, but then shall i say HumouR is what sustains the chemistry. :p
  • xnearlytherebx
    xnearlytherebx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    50/50 It's half looks, half charisma and chemistry!!
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    lmao I hope this isn't a real topic but

ef4ecda158ef1e79079546811ace2017bd04708149857b1cc6ff5d3712c11d5f.jpg
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    NA1979 wrote: »
    LilacTea wrote: »
    Looks are what first attracts me to someone, but personality is what keeps me interested.

Yeah I think that.

Yep. Looks are definitely important but they wont keep you interested for the long term.

I need to find some kind of physical attraction to light that spark - that could just be the way they look at you sometimes, and I do need to know they are attracted to me but yea I definitely think looks matter to keep that bonfire burning!

Gimme both thanks!
  • shaken2010
    shaken2010 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Personality is what first attracts me and looks don't matter too much. But personality and looks change.
  • Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Personality and intelligence, every time
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    lmao I hope this isn't a real topic but

ef4ecda158ef1e79079546811ace2017bd04708149857b1cc6ff5d3712c11d5f.jpg

Yeah, right that's a good one.
  • latincoffee
    latincoffee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    A lil of both for me.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Both, looks always matter to everyone whether you admit it or not. It's just thankfully many of us don't demand perfection and what we consider good looking is pretty easy going and not over demanding. Personality wise, I've been friends with a girl once who made everything seem much better when I spent time with her just because of the sort of person she was. Never went anywhere mind, which was a pity, but being friends was still great and I was very happy with that.
  • latincoffee
    Options
    Yup--no one is perfect and I always say to myself
    "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"
  • debmom2boyz
    debmom2boyz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Personality draws me in. Make me laugh, be able to have an intelligent and interesting conversation I am hooked. I go for that first...then the eyes and smile tell you more. ;)
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    flrancho wrote: »
    Personality for sure. I've actually fallen for people that I wasn't physically attracted to, just based off their personality. Once you fall in love with someone's personality, all of them is attractive to you, even if they physically weren't so before.

This
  • latincoffee
    Options
    Qualities that I like in that other person would be: smile, eyes but mostly personality wise---down to earth, good heart and carries themselves well.
  • AnotherTry2016
    AnotherTry2016 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Both work, but personality is so very important.
  • chickenangel
    chickenangel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Both! If a person looks as if they don't care about themselves, then they're not going to care about you, but at the same time if they look as if they care about themselves too much, they're going to spend too much time on themselves (self-centered) and expect you to either match them or use you to make themselves feel better, even if it means putting you down.. (getting off the soapbox).

Personalitywise, a sense of humor, especially one that laughs at exploding vampires, likes to do things but at the same time just as happy to spend hours at home; reading, watching TV.

I try not to go on first impressions, I wait for the second. I have been in a dark place, and I'm still dancing on the edge, so why should I judge someone who may also be fighting demons?
  • denae_ruiz
    denae_ruiz Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I say both... but personality is on the higher scale
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So the general consensus seems to be that personality is the big one,above looks, but when you look around you, how many good looking women /men have unattractive partners? It's very rare, people seem to go for people on par with them, so good looking men/women, moderate men/women and so on. I would say generally just looking at the population, looks is very very important.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Physical attraction isn't completely independent of personality, for me. I've been attracted to people, personally, before finding them physically attractive. I make allowances for age, i.e. fitness matters more than a perfect face, and healthy habits and activity matter more than a perfect body. Someone who takes care of himself now is going to look better and be able to share a better quality of life in old age than someone who doesn't.

I had a bad relationship experience where I liked going hiking with my friends, and lost weight, while my boyfriend liked watching baseball on the couch, gained weight, and took it out on me. (And no, I never told him he needed to exercise. I invited him to come too). If he'd been out hiking with me, he would have been too high on mood-elevating neurotransmitters to be such a grump. Your health habits CAN be a compatibility and a personality issue, as well as affecting how you look.