Any women doing 1 meal a day?

Options
Wondering if any women are doing 1 meal a day? How many calories are you eating? How much weight have you lost?

I'm 5'7, 240lbs and started 1 meal a day this past Easter Friday.

Just looking for some tips/success stories for motivation.

Thanks!

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    So you are doing some sort of intermittent fasting? You should still eat the calorie goal MFP gives you whether you eat one meal or 10 per day.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I only do one meal on days when I eat out and know it's a calorie laden meal, which I try to do very rarely
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That sounds like the most miserable thing i could think of doing to myself...
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Oy! More power to you.
    However what joy would fill my heart to sit down to a 1400 calorie meal -but it wouldnt be worth it to be hungry the rest of the time. LOL.
    Id love to know what these 1 meals are and at what time of day if only eating once. *intrigued

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    That sounds like the most miserable thing i could think of doing to myself...

^ this!

Sounds like you're setting yourself up to fail big time!
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @newmeadow thanks so much! That link is exactly what I was looking for!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I only did that when I was in extreme grief over my father dying. There were even a few days when I didn't eat anything because I was sick at heart and sick to my stomach.

As I began to feel more normal, I ate more. Of course I don't know what is right for you, but it seems to me that if you don't have a reason that keeps you from eating more than once per day, you're going to be so hungry that you binge eat.
  • Ketzalitzli2
    Ketzalitzli2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy...
  • raishiwi
    raishiwi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy...

As long as you are getting the full calories in a day and don't have low blood sugar, there is nothing wrong with one meal a day. Intermittent fasting is very effective and more than tolerable after a few days. I do the warrior diet (fast for 20 hours, eat for 4) and I'm only hungry about an hour before I eat with no lack of energy.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @raishiwi thumbs up to the Warrior diet!
  • wykkedtruth
    wykkedtruth Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Why oh why would you want to do this for any amount of time? Insulin spikes and sheer lack of energy and hangriness would make me murderous.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy...

no always. As long as calories and macros are met it doesn't matter how or when that happens.

I personally am a 3 meals a day type of person but I used to eat 1 a day...
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    How long are you planning to do this? Is this something you see yourself being able to do long term? I'm not trying to knock you, I just want you to think it through. The goal of this is to lose the weight and keep it off. So make sure you're doing something that is sustainable for an extended period of time. Good luck!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I do this. I have no appetite and get severe abdominal pain from eating so I workout fasted (don't want to workout in major pain or have to run to bathroom), eat when get home in early afternoon, maybe snack a bit but stop at 4-5 at the latest (don't want the major pain interfering with my sleep. Works for me.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    This sounds horrible. No thank you!
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Say good bye to your metabolism if you do this!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    jflongo wrote: »

Where does it go?
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm at maintenance but find that eating only one or two meals a day lets me maintain my weight effortlessly, without logging. The few times my weight has drifted upward a couple of pounds have always been after holidays or trips where I was eating more meals regularly, and I lose it pretty quickly when I get back to my normal routines.

However, I do this because it works for me. I'm pretty much never hungry before early afternoon, so I don't eat before then.

How is it working for you? If you're not finding it difficult, then it might work well for you. I'd be cautious about getting too rigid about it, and since you're losing, please don't follow my maintenance example of not logging!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    jflongo wrote: »

Um, no.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with IF, but what about OMAD appeals to you over other methods? Make sure you are hitting your macro and micro goals whatever you decide.