Any women doing 1 meal a day?

Options

Replies

• jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    jflongo wrote: »
    Say good bye to your metabolism if you do this!

Um, no.

Um, yes. If you only eat once a day, you are going to into starvation action by your body. It will actually start storing more fat, since it doesn't know when it's getting food again!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I don't have near enough will power to just eat once a day, but by all means go for it if it works for you. Keep us posted!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Um, no.

Um, yes. If you only eat once a day, you are going to into starvation action by your body. It will actually start storing more fat, since it doesn't know when it's getting food again!

Stop. Just stop. You are entirely incorrect. "Starvation mode" does not exist - not like that, anyway.

Here's some reading for you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494

Here's what you'll find: metabolism really doesn't change whether you eat often, or eat once/twice per day.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Um, no.

that's funny.

I must inform the anorexics and starving children in Africa that no worries your body is storing fat...

that's an old wives tale..
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Um, no.

Actually no. How is eating say 1200 calories on one meal going to make you starve but eating 1200 throughout the day is OK? Your body doesn't care what time you eat. Your metabolism is always running. Starvation mode is a myth. Your metabolismight slow down a bit if you are on a very low calorie diet but that isn't what we are talking about.
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I suggest you ask this in the one meal per day group. people who have no clue about intermittent fasting are all going to have dumb comments to make about this.

Im doing 2 meals a day While Intermittent fasting and Ive never lost weight so quickly also I am not even hungry (and I used to LOVE to stuff my face during Breakfast) the hunger goes away after the first day, but you gotta eat the right foods.

message me I have so much to share. I would do one meal per day if Im too stuffed for the 2nd. but I prefer to do 2 meals a day. Add me you can see what I eat and what times.
  • singingflutelady
    edited March 2016
    Options

• Stargirl7900
    Stargirl7900 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am a 5'7", 129lb female. I have been doing One meal a day(Intermittent Fasting) for about a week now. The first several days I noticed that I was weak and shaky during the fasting period. Now, after being about a week in, I am noticing that I rarely feel hungry except during the eating period. I give myself from 2-7pm on a daily basis to eat, but I usually just eat all 1200 calories in one sitting. I am purely doing this for time because being a full-time college and having a weekly job with 30+ hours I do not have a lot of time to spend eating. I will say that I do not only eat one meal a day on the weekends( Saturday, and Sunday). Because of this I am using Monday to fast completely. While on this diet you should not be having any diet sodas either because even though these are calorie free your body reacts to them the same way it reacts to sugar! I have lost about 2 lbs since starting, but the biggest difference is that I am not always hungry. I would not recommend this long term based on many different articles I have read and one of my friends experiences with it; however, there are those who believe that Intermittent fasting is definitely sustainable for the long term. The biggest thing to remember is that if you have a calorie deficit( lose more calories than you take in), than you will lose weight!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I generally do one large meal a day. I don't do breakfast, have a small lunch a large evening meal and then some kind of small dessert or hot cereal before bed. It doesn't matter if you eat once or 10 times a day, as long as you're meeting your nutritional needs and not going over in your calories.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    There is a success story that caught my eye way back when about a guy who did this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1257158/from-363-4-to-197-7-lbs-my-one-meal-a-day-success-story/p1 Very inspiring. Personally, I think it's a mental game and you have to do what works best to keep your brain happy while you are losing weight. For me, this means skipping breakfast most of the time. For some people, this may mean 10 small meals a day. From what I've researched, there's no major benefit or problem with doing either one, so long as you don't have any health issues that would be exacerbated by how often you eat.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that this post was met with such criticism but the success story didn't face that at all. Hindsight truly is 20/20... Yeah, it may sound horrible to you but it works for some people and the OP was looking for those who has inspiration or suggestions on something she had already chosen to do.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks again! Will definitely keep you all posted... So far so good... The crazy appetite I had before is now slowly subsiding... And I actually look forward to my big meal at night (trying to eat 1500 and doing a 40-30-30 macros), and making them so that they fit my macros.

I think I can do this 'long term' or a 'lifestyle', but for now focusing on 1 day at a time... I must say though, it was nice sitting down last night with the family, and having a meal with my family, without worrying about going over my 600 calories or whatever I used to try eating at dinner... I weight and calculated all the calories and felt 'content' .

I will weigh in this coming Sunday and see if I've lost anything...
    :)
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Weighed**
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    natacha305 wrote: »
    I suggest you ask this in the one meal per day group. people who have no clue about intermittent fasting are all going to have dumb comments to make about this.

Clearly. Yikes.

• dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'm having one meal per day if I'm not hungry or I'm saving calories for big dinner. Works just fine for me. Most of the time I have two meals, sometimes with a snack in between. Today I'm having only dinner, because I woke up super late and I wasn't hungry during the day.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I suggest you check your facts before posting "advice" that will do more harm than good. Starvation mode doesn't exist and your body never knows when it'll get more food.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Thanks again! Will definitely keep you all posted... So far so good... The crazy appetite I had before is now slowly subsiding... And I actually look forward to my big meal at night (trying to eat 1500 and doing a 40-30-30 macros), and making them so that they fit my macros.

I think I can do this 'long term' or a 'lifestyle', but for now focusing on 1 day at a time... I must say though, it was nice sitting down last night with the family, and having a meal with my family, without worrying about going over my 600 calories or whatever I used to try eating at dinner... I weight and calculated all the calories and felt 'content' .

I will weigh in this coming Sunday and see if I've lost anything...
    :)

That's great to hear. As long as this is something that is sustainable for you, and you aren't going over your daily calories, then you'll be successful.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Um, no.

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wait....

BAWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ha.

nice- that was worth my afternoon laugh. thank you.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Um, no.

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wait....

BAWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ha.

nice- that was worth my afternoon laugh. thank you.

+1 love you jo