Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Back in my day........

Options

Replies

• oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    First gallon of gas I bought was .41 cents. Cigarettes were .40 cents. There was penny candy. Sometimes two pieces for z penny. Bottle of pop .10 cents. Hostess cup cakes .12 cents.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, cells were tiny little things we studied in Biology; Netflix were movies about tennis; posting on a wall involved a placard, hammer and nail (that possibly could get you in trouble).
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Back in my day there was a caramel candy-like weight loss supplement called AYDS.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Back in my day we had to blow on the game cartridge in order for our Super Nintendo system to work . Mario cart champion- come at me bruh
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Back in my day parents, teachers, and all other adults were in charge!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Back in my day kids weren't brats because you could spank them without fearing jail time!
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, kids played outside , whiffle ball , basketball, tag, hell fighting lol
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    We always stood up and had our hands over our hearts when the American flag was raised and the Star Spangled banner was sung/played. The young generation doesn't even stop or stand still to acknowledge the pledge anymore.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    We always stood up and had our hands over our hearts when the American flag was raised and the Star Spangled banner was sung/played. The young generation doesn't even stop or stand still to acknowledge the pledge anymore.

They do at my public speaking engagements or everyone gets a lecture :)
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Back in my day house parties were bumpin and everybody danced!
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Back in my day there were no participation ribbons. You won or lost that's it!
  • JUknowPK
    JUknowPK Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Back in the day romance was real
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    edited June 2016
    Options
    JUknowPK wrote: »
    Back in the day romance was real

Are you saying it's not real now???

Back in my day a boy would ask you "will you go with me?" And s girl would know what he meant. These days a girl would answer "Go where?" :lol:
  • JUknowPK
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Back in the day we never wore helmets.

And yes no one wants romance cause it takes effort
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Back in my day we could play in the rain flooded street gutters and not catch anything
  • JUknowPK
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Back in the day we played in the mud
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Back in my day platforms and polyester was hot! :tongue:
  • JUknowPK
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Back in the day we had our hands in each others jeans pocket
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Back in my day there was no such thing as the internet
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Back in my day, the workplace allowed an uninterrupted 1/2 hour meal break and smoking was allowed in the break room.

You could sexually harass your co-workers a little and it was okay. Because usually you got married eventually or at least engaged for a few years.

Workplace parties were fully paid for by the employer and held in classy venues off premises. The buffets were fabulous. And the 16 year olds were invited and encouraged to have a nip or two at the open bar.

The criteria for promotions were an even mixture of nepotism and merit, not post-secondary degrees.

And most importantly, there was an unspoken agreement adhered to by almost all. We're here to make a living because we have to. This isn't a hobby or a lark. So we're going to treat each other cordially, and even in a friendly manner. We'll forgive each other our mistakes and shortcomings, so we'll make it through these 8 hours with our dignity intact and not give each other nervous breakdowns.

Those were the days.

Time for a new job??? :grimace: