Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Back in my day........

headofphat
headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
Feel free to post but you have to start out with "Back in my day..."

Back in my day when we had an Easter egg hunt we actually had to look for them, they weren't spread out in an open field for you to just walk up and grab. Oh and they were actually hard boiled eggs so in the South Easter can be hot so you better find those suckers quick or you wouldn't be happy the next day.

Replies

• sherryl12066
    sherryl12066 Posts: 5 Member
    Back in my day, we had to wait til after Easter lunch to dig into our baskets, and heaven forbid if the preacher got long winded and church let out after 12.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Back in my day, people had actual conversations by, get this.....SPEAKING to each other not behind a phone or computer screen. :)
  • AnotherTry2016
    AnotherTry2016 Posts: 785 Member
    Back in my day there were no cell phones....
  • Texas2Fit
    Texas2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    On Ebay ....Vintage Schwinn Stingray Bicycle Red Chicago 1978
    $249.99 Buy It Now

back in my day, I saved and spent about $50 of paper route money for mine brand new......
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Back in my day, there were only 3 Television stations.
  • sherryl12066
    Back in my day, we had typewriters, onion skin paper and white out...phones were attached to a 6 ft cord and my room was 8 feet from the plug, and my bike had glow in the dark spokes on the wheels so I had to stalk during the day...
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Back in my day we went to the library or looked at encyclopedias when we had to research something
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Is it my day right now?
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Back in my day we listened to music on cassette tapes and cd's. Or taped our favorite songs we heard on the radio....but you had to be super quiet so your voice wouldn't be recorded in the background.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Back in my day we had to use something called a card catalog in the library to find the information we needed.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Back in my day, my mom's right arm was legally considered a seat belt.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    headofphat wrote: »
    Back in my day, my mom's right arm was legally considered a seat belt.

And the clothes basket was a perfectly legal car seat.
  • sherryl12066
    Back in my day I was the remote for my parents tv and my sister was the antenna adjuster
  • melmelw03
    My siblings and I could ride in the back of the pickup truck going 70 mph down the highway. It was freaking awesome, and none of us died.
    Now kids have to sit strapped in car seats until high school.
  • AnotherTry2016
    AnotherTry2016 Posts: 785 Member
    back in my day we had to home when the street lights came on.
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Back in my day we still played dodge ball in gym class
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Back in my day a car phone were for rich people!
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    If you were on a sports team and you stunk, you didn't play. If your team lost, you didn't get a trophy.
  • melmelw03
    We only watched cartoons on Saturday mornings.
    We played outside.
    We only got to go out to eat at a restaurant on special occasions, not as regular occurrence.