What workout do you hate?

Options
CindyFooWho
CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Just for fun, vent about a workout that you hate that many others seem to love?

Me: Spin class. One hour of "is this over yet? No? Now is it over? How long have I been doing this? Can I just stop pedaling for a second? Am I done yet? What time is it? Has it really only been 20 minutes...." haha.

No matter how much an instructor tries to mix it up, to me it's really one hour of the same damn thing, looking at the same view of nothing, to a soundtrack of music that I'd probably choose differently. If I'm going to ride a stationary bike, I'd much rather just do it on my own.

Replies

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I hate endurance running. Long-distance at a slow pace? No thanks. I'd rather sprint my butt off in intervals. That whole "is this over yet?" comment is absolutely correct.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anything that has no progression built in to it.

It exists for a singular "experience" (i.e making you feel tired) rather than as part of a continual effort at improvement of a specific quality or qualities.

Stagnation is death.
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Core [whatever]. My gym has a bunch of classes like Core Balance, Core Cardio, etc. I'm fine with any and all of it, until we get to about 40 minutes in and it's time to "hit the floor." To be honest, I'd rather spend that 15-20 minutes literally hitting the floor. With my head. That said, my relatively weak core is the reason I keep attending these [expletive deleted] classes. I'm waiting for the transition that I long ago encountered with running: hate > tolerate > like > love > need. At the moment I'd settle for moving away from "hate," but I'm not holding my breath.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Burpees, I hate them with a white hot passion of a thousand suns.
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Burpees have given me such an appreciation for life. My whole life is broken up into portions of "doing burpees" and "not doing burpees." Anytime I'm in the "not doing burpees" time period, I'm just insanely happy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Burpees have given me such an appreciation for life. My whole life is broken up into portions of "doing burpees" and "not doing burpees." Anytime I'm in the "not doing burpees" time period, I'm just insanely happy.

High five!!
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options

That's sort of the basis of masochism, right? Pain makes pleasure that much better. :D
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

LOL, well said! First time I smiled so far today. Thanks

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I hate all "workouts" ..... I train..... I have a specific end goal in mind and am working towards something. Workouts are just that one workout with little to no significance.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    I hate all "workouts" ..... I train..... I have a specific end goal in mind and am working towards something. Workouts are just that one workout with little to no significance.

So basically, what you're saying is "stagnation is death"? :smiley:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I can join you with this, hate them with a burning passion too, also mountain climbers.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I hate intervals and pace runs (or whatever the proper term is for a shortish run where you struggle immensely to keep anywhere near the pace you hope to be able to run a half marathon at in under 6 months' time and curse yourself bitterly for ever getting this stupid idea into your head).

I weirdly don't doing hate hill repeats, but I think that's due to giddiness from lack of oxygen.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    jmule24 wrote: »

So basically, what you're saying is "stagnation is death"? :smiley:

@jimmmer but I made it sound so eloquent, didn't I?????
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I no longer do anything I dislike long enough to develop a hatred for it. I spent 10 minutes in a spin class, realized it wasn't for me, that there were many other ways to get cardio, left, and never went back.

I once spent two months as the personal assistant of a man who was reminiscent of the Meryl Streep character from "The Devil Wears Prada," if she'd been male, Columbian, and a "weight loss guru." I hated that job. It had its moments however. He once sent me looking for white 100% cotton socks à la Elaine on Seinfield's Mr. Pitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWW86eBm5aw
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The only one I hate is the one I regret not doing.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Burpees, yes. Hate them. (And I hate that they're called "burp-ees!" Yuck!)

But I also hate, hate, hate star jumps. Nothing makes me feel like more of an idiot than attempting a star jump. I feel like a badly coordinate,middle-aged doofus.
  • Kie_Hughes
    Kie_Hughes Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    The workout I didn't do. I hate missing a workout. I'm a routine kinda guy
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Kie_Hughes wrote: »
    The workout I didn't do. I hate missing a workout. I'm a routine kinda guy

Was going to post the exact same first sentence lol
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »
    Burpees, yes. Hate them. (And I hate that they're called "burp-ees!" Yuck!)

They are actually named after the dude that "invented" them ( as if such a spawn of hell needs to be invented).

In the new Hard Corps 22 workouts there is one video where Tony Horton has you do a weighted back roll, into plow then a roll forward into burpee using a dumbell. It's ridiculous.

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    A workout I don't give 100% or one I flake out on.