What workout do you hate?

Options

Replies

• valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I hate playing team sports. My hand-eye coordination is so bad I feel pity for any team I play on.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    I hate all "workouts" ..... I train..... I have a specific end goal in mind and am working towards something. Workouts are just that one workout with little to no significance.

This. I can't wait to get to the gym and train every day. Because everyday is a piece of the larger puzzle that's making me a better lifter.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    valente347 wrote: »
    I hate playing team sports. My hand-eye coordination is so bad I feel pity for any team I play on.

Sometimes people who don't know me too well make the mistake of inviting me to play something like badminton or netball, thinking because I like running this means I am a generally sporty person.

5 mins in they know better and never ask me to play on their team again.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Does anyone like burpees though? I feel like they're in the universally hated category.

I really dislike running- it's my least favorite of the activities I do semi-regularly. I don't really love any workout, but agree about needing the routine of it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Any gym class that's done as a coordinated group - especially with over-enthusiastic instructors. Makes me feel like I accidentally ended up on a cheer squad.

Also, the first time doing a new exercise sans instruction where I'm fumbling around trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. Annoys me because I don't get any physical benefit out of it. I don't even count it as a workout. And I feel like a goof ball.

Static stretching & yoga. So boring (don't meant easy). Doesn't feel like I'm doing anything except contorting to no good purpose. Much rather foam roll or do dynamic stretching.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I am just so not interested in classes. I like doing everything at my own pace and I am pretty uncoordinated.

I wish I could get more into lifting but I can't stay motivated to do it consistently like I can cardio.

I like cardio except the elliptical. It seems like I am doing more work compared to running and rowing with less results and it is annoying.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    The workout I don't do is the workout I hate.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hate a workout? nope, but I haven't tried crossfit...lol ;)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    The only one I hate is the one I regret not doing.
    Took the words right out of my training journal.

Options
    I hate all "workouts" ..... I train..... I have a specific end goal in mind and am working towards something. Workouts are just that one workout with little to no significance.

This. I can't wait to get to the gym and train every day. Because everyday is a piece of the larger puzzle that's making me a better lifter.

Ditto.
    edited March 2016
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    Stagnation is death.

\m/ metal \m/
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my current routine..however, you'll never catch me in a spin class or on an elliptical.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I hate mountain climbers, yet when asked to do them I grudgingly comply.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    Does anyone like burpees though?

Masochists

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    All the ones I don't do.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    "stagnation is death"?
    yassssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    ald783 wrote: »
    Does anyone like burpees though? I feel like they're in the universally hated category.

I really dislike running- it's my least favorite of the activities I do semi-regularly. I don't really love any workout, but agree about needing the routine of it.

Um- I kind of like them!!! LOL- but I"m a sick f**k like that.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of core exercises. Whenever it's time to work on my core, I think, "UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH." But I do then anyway because I need to keep that area strong to keep my back pain from coming back.

I've never done a burpee, but I have a feeling I'd hate it too.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    valente347 wrote: »

+1. I am a liability, not an asset. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it.

Love the instructor-led dance fitness classes, though, unlike previous poster stealthq. They are silly and fun.

I actually hate running, but love how I feel AFTER running, I like having run. Not while it's going on though.

Used to hate yoga but the current classes have music and you keep moving, it's challenging and I progress in strength, I like yoga now.

Naturally lean toward adagio, tai chi, slow and smooth movement my body is good at. Twitchy quick stuff, not so much. That's why I run, though. To work on what is less natural for me.
  • Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love burpees! I've progressed so much with them, more than anything so far!

I hate lunge walking. My trainer makes me do it all around the gym with weights and I loathe every second.

I'm also exceptionally bad at planks so they're not high on my list.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone else can't stand spin class. I've been cycling since elementary school and when I joined a gym in my 20's I thought spin would be this great thing to do when it's 115 outside. Nope. A decade later I would still say that was the most boring hour of my life. No wind through my hair, nothing to look at but the same four walls, no sense of adventure, just horrible.
    I also tried kickboxing a few times when it was popular. I found the activity enjoyable, but could not get used to a class full of people kicking and punching so close to my head.
    I used to passionately hate squatting, so I forced myself to do Stronglifts. After squatting three days a week it's just become another exercise.
    I haven't ever done a burpee. After reading these comments I don't think I'm going to start.