Does anyone have a good Brussels sprout recipe?

Options
13»

Replies

• Dabogimp
    Dabogimp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    roast them with a stone ground mustard VERY GOOD
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Lots of yummy ideas! I love to simply roast them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
  • 19Chatham70
    19Chatham70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cut off the bottom 1/2", then cut each in half. Put the halves on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, use your hands to mix them so they're all shiny. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of maple syrup over them. Roast at 400 degrees for about 15+ minutes (I like them un-mushy) S&P. Delicious! And so darn good for you.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    1. From the joy of cooking as read by my ex husband: marinate in french dressing and stuff with liverwurst. These may be served as a vegetable, a first course or to induce vomiting.

2. Use a paring knife to jab an x into the roots of the sprout so the hard part cooks as quickly as the leaves. Toss with a little olive oil and some garlic. Roast in the over at 350 degree for 30 minutes-hour.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I made these for co-workers for a potluck and they were great!!

Toss 1 1/2 pounds halved Brussels sprouts with 1/4 cup olive oil and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Roast cut-side down on a baking sheet at 450 until caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle with white wine vinegar and honey.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/roasted-brussels-sprouts-recipe.html?oc=linkback
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat Brussel sprouts is steamed and then sprinkled with Molly McButter.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Shred and saute in bacon fat, or shred and add to any dish. The flavour of shredded brussel sprouts seem to disappear into whatever flavour of the dish.
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Shaved and pan-roasted with olive oil and garlic.

Or in bacon, onion, potato hash with cheese and fried egg on top. Typical weekend breakfast for me. :D
  • balvis3919
    balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i have a recipe i use to get my kids to eat it. dice up about 2 slices of bacon or ham and cook it in a pan. cut 1 pound brussel sprouts in 1/4s and toss them into the pan and get a nice seer on them. then add 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup craisins. cook till the sprouts r soft. its sweet and salty. we love it
  • Flossiesdoll
    Options
    Parboil them, then finish them in a medium oven with oil, garlic and some chopped nuts (cashew or hazelnuts are best).