Why she being like that

Options
13»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    Hey! Really well done losing weight! I know it's hard, and it does feel like a proud moment to realize it's possible.

Shine on, friend.

• geeta81
    geeta81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey! Really well done losing weight! I know it's hard, and it does feel like a proud moment to realize it's possible.

Shine on, friend.

Thank you ☺
  • geeta81
    Options
    marmar612 wrote: »
    Sometimes even our best friends can't fulfill all the needs in our life. I think it is good that she can come to you and express her feelings and you take it quite seriously. You sound like a good friend. You will probably want to discuss with another friend who shares this particular interest. It doesn't diminish your relationship with your best friend. You are just branching out and growing as a person. As long as you two can still nurture the interests that made you best friends on the first place, I think you two will become even closer. And eventually, who knows, maybe you will be the inspiration for losing weight in the future.

Thanks for ur advise. ..☺
  • geeta81
    Options
    GMAC2016 wrote: »
    geeta81 wrote: »
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    Quick tip: People who are "trying a diet" tend to fail; people who adopt a healthy lifestyle succeed. Forever.

Sorry about your friend.

Thank you..... I just wanted to shout from the roof top that I've managed to do something I thought was impossible for me...

Shout it here. We will cheer for you and you won't bug your friend.

Heehee! ☺ thanx
  • atsirk10195
    atsirk10195 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ur proud of ur achievement. A little bit of pride is not wrong in itself. But we must all remember that our friends are not our therapists....

Stop telling her about it coz she obviously does not understand... stick to groups that will support you.
  • geeta81
    Options
    Ur proud of ur achievement. A little bit of pride is not wrong in itself. But we must all remember that our friends are not our therapists....

Stop telling her about it coz she obviously does not understand... stick to groups that will support you.

Thanks
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    It is probably the fact that she couldn't make it on the plan and it upsets her to hear you actually succeeding. Maybe just lay off talking about your weight loss to that particular friend and just let her see with her own eyes the success you are having. You may be what she needs to get started back at it herself. Just focus on you. Only you live in your body and you have that body for the rest of your life, not your friend. Do what YOU need to do!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    geeta81 wrote: »
    Lesson learned Now! I am really excited that I have managed to lose so much weight and wanted to share with my best friend, I know for a fact she would have done the same, if it were the other way round.
    I hadn't realised it can be annoying and no one really cares......Lesson Learned...Keep My Gob Shut...

Well, now you can always come here where this sort of excitement about weight loss is encouraged and welcome :)

I used to post progress photos on my Facebook page as I was losing weight, but I was afraid that people would start to get annoyed so I pretty much stopped. The last photo I posted was a few weeks ago with my before photo (at 213 pounds) and my after photo (137 pounds). I guess I'll have to shut up about it now...

I agree. I used to post things about my weight loss journey on FB as well and stopped doing it for the same reason. There are too many people on my friends list that are struggling with weight issues and those who just can't lose for whatever reason and I felt like they may be taking my happiness to be losing in the wrong way. Now I just post general things about weight loss and nutrition but nothing specific about myself. I come here to do that. And even on this site it's not always taken well but most people are very supportive. It depends on what size you are. :D
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You have to want to lose weight for you, and not care what anyone else's opinion is. That includes keeping it to yourself, unless specifically asked. I know that is difficult, when you're doing well you want to tell people about it....use your MFP friends list for that
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »

Great, but there is going to become a point where just looking at her highlights the other one's failure. Is her getting or becoming a healthy weight period going to end the relationship at that point because of resentment?

It is very possible that in the long run if the OP continues to have success with weight loss this friendship will grow apart or end. But then that would be up to the two people involved. When people change themselves this often includes their relationships. Old friends fall away and new ones come along as your interests and lifestyle change.

If the OP values the relationship and wants to try to save it, it would be best not to be constantly shining a spotlight on another person's imperfections, by pointing out your own improvements, if the other person has shown by their reactions that this kind of motivation isn't welcome.