Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

my type of diet;))

2»

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 770 Member
    raia111 wrote: »
    using that as an example only lol, ofc there's more to it than that. And I know, she burns food quickly with less work, I understand that . I am trying a different approach to lose , it's great if you guys know what your doing and it's working for you. I am free to experiment with what I like aren't I?:))

Well, yeah, but when I see people "experimenting" and it looks like an uncomfortable path to failure I want to tell them so.

Tons of fruit and veggies can cause intestinal issues when going from few vegetables to making them the main part of your diet. You'll also have tons of sugars from natural sources, possibly even more than you would from added sugars in processed foods depending on your pre and post diet.

The "good" meats can be very low calorie and you could accidentally starve yourself during the day only to walk to the store, grab a gallon of ice cream, and be half way through before you know what happened.

This way lies madness. It leads to the belief that "some" people are just thin, and "some" people will always be fat because they like food too much to diet.

Eat at a deficit. Eat what you normally eat in moderation, and change your foods a little bit at a time.

Read these and good luck, whatever you do. But going straight from however you ate before to a super restrictive diet sounds really, really bad.
  • raia111
    raia111 Posts: 9 Member
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Sure you can experiment !

Most of us have done every fad around to try to lose weight. You would be shocked at the lengths some of us have gone to try to drop pounds. In the end, we realized that cutting out foods and fad diets didn't work for the long term. So we just wanted to tell you what does work for long term success ( calorie deficit. Portion control moderation)

Yes, I know thx! And I will look into this more, I appreciate all of your guys knowledge and experience :))
  • raia111
    raia111 Posts: 9 Member
    Thx panda poptarts:)) I'll try that out again if this attempt of mine blows
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Lol, that sounds like zero fun at all.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    I get what said elphie754, attempt doing that without cutting foods, but I can eat the same noodles and cheeses that my sister did minus the soda and cake while I still run for 30 mins twice a week and doing strength exercises every morning and still gain from those noodles and the cheeses while my sister does not do any sort of exercises or lift weights she will maintain her same weight after the end on the week while I hv gained many pounds over my last week's weight lol

Well that's one meal out of the entire day, she may be eating less for the entire day. For instance my previous roommate was super thin, actually underweight. I always saw her eating pizza, ice cream, cookies, and chocolate and never understood how she was that tiny. Then one day when we were both stuck at home studying, I finally saw why. She had two slices of pizza and six cookies... for the entire day. So yes, she was eating only unhealthy calorically dense food, but was still within her maintenance calories. I wouldn't recommend a diet consisting only of pizza and cookies, but if you can still eat those foods and lose weight.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    My body was made to consume greasy fried chicken and chocolate milkshakes.

Mine was made to consume endless amounts of French fries and cheese
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    I also don't believe humans were meant to eat meat and consume milk the way we do now in thsee days

Humans were meant to eat meat. But not milk, you're right about that. It's a biological mutation to be able to digest milk. We are actually all supposed to be lactose intolerant.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Is this a trolling post?
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Is this a trolling post?

April Fools?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    I get what said elphie754, attempt doing that without cutting foods, but I can eat the same noodles and cheeses that my sister did minus the soda and cake while I still run for 30 mins twice a week and doing strength exercises every morning and still gain from those noodles and the cheeses while my sister does not do any sort of exercises or lift weights she will maintain her same weight after the end on the week while I hv gained many pounds over my last week's weight lol

Okay, who has links to the show where they used doubly labeled water to show thin friend and overweight friend who has the higher metabolism?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    senecarr wrote: »

Okay, who has links to the show where they used doubly labeled water to show thin friend and overweight friend who has the higher metabolism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9AdlhB18o

I can't find the other one where they compare the two friends

• kissa714
    kissa714 Posts: 65 Member
    I think the person posting this thinks it's the healthiest way for a person to eat, not that it will necessarily help them lose weight. which i agree with. no dairy and very little meat is how people should eat tbh.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

@senecarr is it this one?

http://documentaryheaven.com/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-losing-weight/
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    kissa714 wrote: »
    I think the person posting this thinks it's the healthiest way for a person to eat, not that it will necessarily help them lose weight. which i agree with. no dairy and very little meat is how people should eat tbh.

Source?
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 770 Member
    I also don't believe humans were meant to eat meat and consume milk the way we do now in thsee days

Humans were meant to eat meat. But not milk, you're right about that. It's a biological mutation to be able to digest milk. We are actually all supposed to be lactose intolerant.

Yeah, isn't it neat how the mutations that are really useful for survival spread and are passed down? Otherwise we would lack genetic diversity and be more vulnerable as a species.

One of my favorites: redheads get more vitamin D. It is a horrible mutation in a desert climate, but it gave an edge where it evolved. Another interesting one: sickle cell anemia as a recessive gene helps protect people from malaria.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »

@senecarr is it this one?

http://documentaryheaven.com/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-losing-weight/

Unfortunately, I don't think that is it unless I can't find the segment in that whole hour. The video was on YouTube but BBC has blocked it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTr1JUvEiUU
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    the whole milk mutation thing is funny... i guess redheads are unhealthy.. because you know... mutation. when i had blood work done to see my immune response to dairy and gluten was A+ i wanted to track down my first ancestor that drank milk and give him a huge hug... mutation or not if ones body can tolerate it.. then its fine.. u know thats the whole point.