3 Ingredient Frozen Chocolate Bars (20 calories per bar)

Options

Replies

• sparkles9779
    sparkles9779 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    looks yummy..
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    Just visited the website and while I won't be making these chocolate bars the oopsie bread that is on there is happening. Thanks for posting that link.

For oopsie bread/rolls use cream of tartar not white vinegar like in the op's blog it makes a big difference in how they turn out.
    If you do a quick search on pinterest you'll find tons of links to oopsie breads or even just google.
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • LeakieChan
    LeakieChan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just tried this recipe... it's pretty gross on it's own... it looks good, but it's not... it's really, really not.... i'm going to try to not be wasteful and maybe break it up into my almond milk strawberry shake later.... maybe that'll make not so bitter.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    IMG_8493_thumb.jpg

Oh look what I found? it looks the same? and I found it here....

http://stuftmama.com/2012/01/18/dessert-lately-three-ingredient-fudge/

and I don't own that blog so you can go to it without breaking any rules or adding any more ka-ching to this slick girls pockets. Yay google!

Three Ingredient Dark Chocolate Peanut Buttery Fudge
    serves one mama (trying to watch her sugar intake before a big race)

1/2 ripe banana, fresh or frozen (Thaw a little if frozen)
    2 tablespoons PB2 (12 grams)
    2 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder (10 grams)

Directions:
    Mix the ingredients together with a fork or in a Magic Bullet.
    Pour into a bowl or dish. Refrigerate or freeze. (If you can wait that long, if not, eat as is).
    That all!
    You get about 130 calories of this rich goodness.
    Best dessert ever!
    Not only is it the best because it’s easy and low in calories, but the possibilities (preparation and consumption) are endless.
    The necessary ingredients stay the same. A half of a banana (you can even use a whole one if you’re really feeling like it) and these two amazing products.

I wonder who invented this recipe first? The banana one has to be more ice creamy, no?

yay thanks...i hate seeing a good recipe title and it tells me to click somewhere else. I just want to read, see if it's for me, and move on. I have all these ingredients will try tonite thanks again
  • LeakieChan
    Options
    IMG_8493_thumb.jpg

Oh look what I found? it looks the same? and I found it here....

http://stuftmama.com/2012/01/18/dessert-lately-three-ingredient-fudge/

and I don't own that blog so you can go to it without breaking any rules or adding any more ka-ching to this slick girls pockets. Yay google!

Three Ingredient Dark Chocolate Peanut Buttery Fudge
    serves one mama (trying to watch her sugar intake before a big race)

1/2 ripe banana, fresh or frozen (Thaw a little if frozen)
    2 tablespoons PB2 (12 grams)
    2 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder (10 grams)

Directions:
    Mix the ingredients together with a fork or in a Magic Bullet.
    Pour into a bowl or dish. Refrigerate or freeze. (If you can wait that long, if not, eat as is).
    That all!
    You get about 130 calories of this rich goodness.
    Best dessert ever!
    Not only is it the best because it’s easy and low in calories, but the possibilities (preparation and consumption) are endless.
    The necessary ingredients stay the same. A half of a banana (you can even use a whole one if you’re really feeling like it) and these two amazing products.

I wonder who invented this recipe first? The banana one has to be more ice creamy, no?

even if this has more calories, I bet it's much more satisfying then the bitter chocolate that the recipe made go with this one guys!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Wishing they sold PB2 in Canada. :(

I bougfht mine off Amazon.com. Is taht an option for you in Canada?
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Do you think the PB2 is necessary? Could this just work with the chocolate almond milk and cacao powder?

I would also like to know...don't really like using artificial stuff lol

The ingredients say roasted peanuts, sugar and salt. I just bought it for the first time and thought I was making a healthy choice. Now I'm curious how it's artificial.

My understanding is that PB2 is just the peanutbutter powder left after they extract the peanut oil. I don't believe it is artificial. I could certainly be misinformed, though.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    the problem I have is the calories are listed on the link provided..................
    and I don't trust 21
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    How to Make Easy 3-Ingredient Energy Bars at Home

Makes 8 large bars or 16 small square-shaped bars

What You Need

Ingredients
    1 cup nuts
    1 cup dried fruit
    1 cup (12-15 whole) dates, pitted

Equipment
    Food processor
    Plastic wrap or wax paper
    Sharp knife

Instructions
    1.Roast the nuts (optional). Nuts can be used raw or roasted; roasting will add a toasty, nutty depth to the bars. If desired, roast the nuts at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, until fragrant and golden. Allow to cool before using. (See: How to Roast Nuts in the Oven)
    2.Combine the nuts, dried fruit, and dates in a food processor. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse a few times just to break them up. Separate the dates if they start to clump together.
    3.Process continuously for 30 seconds. By this point, the ingredients should all have broken down into crumb-sized pieces. Scrape the edges of the bowl and beneath the blade to make sure nothing is sticking.
    4.Process continuously until a ball is formed, 1-2 minutes. Continue processing for another 1-2 minutes, until the ingredients clump together and gather into a ball.
    5.Press into a thick square and chill. Lay a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper on your work surface and dump the power bar dough on top. Press the dough with your hands until it forms a thick square, roughly 8" x 8" in size. Wrap and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
    6.Divide into bars. Unwrap the chilled power bar dough and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 8 large bars or 16 small squares, as desired. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap or wax paper.
    7.Store the bars. Store the bars in the fridge for several weeks or in the freezer for up to three months. The bars can be eaten straight from the fridge or freezer and will be firm, but chewy. Room-temperature bars are perfectly fine to eat and can be kept in a lunch bag or backpack all day, but will be more soft and paste-like.

NO CALORIES ARE LISTED?????????????????
  • nikkei18
    nikkei18 Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
    looks yummy
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wishing they sold PB2 in Canada. :(

I have order from both lowcarbcanada.ca and fitshop.ca
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I just tried this recipe... it's pretty gross on it's own... it looks good, but it's not... it's really, really not.... i'm going to try to not be wasteful and maybe break it up into my almond milk strawberry shake later.... maybe that'll make not so bitter.

The reason it's bitter is because the cocoa powder is pure cocoa and therefore needs something to sweeten it. I guess that's what the PB2 was supposed to be for? (I've never used this stuff - peanut allergy!) Try adding honey or some other sweetener.
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Any replacements for the peanut butter powder? I hate nuts!
  • LeakieChan
    Options

The reason it's bitter is because the cocoa powder is pure cocoa and therefore needs something to sweeten it. I guess that's what the PB2 was supposed to be for? (I've never used this stuff - peanut allergy!) Try adding honey or some other sweetener.

I don't like honey, but I did ad a generous amount of Splenda while cooking.... it didn't help
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Makes 16 good size frozen chocolate bites

2 cups of unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
    PB2, 2 tlbs
    Directions:

Mix all ingredients and heat in saucepan until is thickens. Pour into pan lined with parchment paper and freeze. Take out of freezer when ready and slice into your desired bar size. I left some of the fridge to thaw out more and put the rest back in the freezer. When I wanted to eat, just take out of the freezer about 15 minutes to let them soften a bit.

there, copy and paste....so now nobody else has to actually visit the blog ;)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    the problem I have is the calories are listed on the link provided..................
    and I don't trust 21

You could always plug it in yourself...but in any case, she has 16 bars there. If the ingredients listed indeed made 16 bars, then 21 calories is about right.
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just typed it into the recipe builder and using a serving of 16 it comes to 15 calories a piece using unsweetened chocolate almond milk and it comes to 25 calories a piece using sweetened chocolate almond milk.

As a few people have said they find the original bitter I think I will try the sweetened milk and see if that works.