Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why is Freelee popular?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    And Man!! When she releases all those bananas you don't even want to go in there. lol ;)
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Freelee started out as a fairly normal vegan YouTuber, however controversial opinions and ideas generate much more interest than 'yeah I eat my TDEE-20%, only without the animal products...and you should totally watch vegucated'.

She has made a ton of money from her channel as a result of her banana thing and basically being a *kitten* to other YouTubers, creating yet more controversy. The vegan YouTube community is huge, generates loads of money and Freelee is basically the top banana...sorry had to! :D
  • tomaattikastike
    tomaattikastike Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    mazmataz wrote: »
    The vegan YouTube community is huge, generates loads of money and Freelee is basically the top banana...sorry had to! :D

As someone who believes that eating mostly, or even only plants can be healthy as well as be part of a more sustainable way of living, and would like to see it become more widely adopted, let me assure you, I know many vegans who find "Freelee" and "Durianrider" extremely annoying and, of course, highly counter-productive (not to mention outright dangerous with some of their pseudo-scientific health advice).

As to the original question: they are controversial, fit many "vegan" stereotypes, look attractive and are skilled at promotion.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ZodFit wrote: »
    haha people listen to her but she just has dementia from eating 1,000 bananas a day

Honestly now, dementia is nothing to joke about. :(