Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why is Freelee popular?

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I also think she said her mother was dying from stage 3 or 4 cancer and her raw til 4 diet cured it, supposedly without drugs,treatments and without meds
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've read the 80/10/10 book. The author Douglas Graham, I'm trying to look it up, but I can't find anywhere what his educational background is that gives him the title of "Dr.". I'm pretty sure he is not a medical doctor. Just an FYI.

Edit:

1983 Doctor of Chiropractic, Life Chiropractic College
    1975 Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Montclair State University
    1980 Coached a team of seven to be U.S. national age champions in trampoline
    1995-2005 He was given the honor of presenting the keynote address at every major raw-food conference in the world.
    2008-current Creator and facilitator of The 80/10/10 Certified Lifestyle Coach program.

He is a chiropractor. Here's where Freelee is getting her entire lifestyle.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    With so much content out there people can look around for an "expert" whose advice fits the person's lifestyle no matter how whacked out the advice is.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    With so much content out there people can look around for an "expert" whose advice fits the person's lifestyle no matter how whacked out the advice is.

This is true.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    celadontea wrote: »
    I've read the 80/10/10 book. The author Douglas Graham, I'm trying to look it up, but I can't find anywhere what his educational background is that gives him the title of "Dr.". I'm pretty sure he is not a medical doctor. Just an FYI.

Edit:

1983 Doctor of Chiropractic, Life Chiropractic College
    1975 Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Montclair State University
    1980 Coached a team of seven to be U.S. national age champions in trampoline
    1995-2005 He was given the honor of presenting the keynote address at every major raw-food conference in the world.
    2008-current Creator and facilitator of The 80/10/10 Certified Lifestyle Coach program.

He is a chiropractor. Here's where Freelee is getting her entire lifestyle.

In some countries, chiropractors have to be MDs. Dunno if it's like that where she's from. Australia I think?
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I believe Graham is from the US, though. Montclair State is in New Jersey. LIFE Chiropractic (just the name makes me distrust it) seems to be in Georgia (the one in the USA, of course).
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I also think she said her mother was dying from stage 3 or 4 cancer and her raw til 4 diet cured it, supposedly without drugs,treatments and without meds

She's openly said that chemotherapy kills and cancer patients should avoid it. Honestly, the more I read about her the more ridiculous it gets. Chemtrails. Feeding kids chicken is child abuse. Menstruation as a sign that toxicity is leaving the body. And her theories about 9/11. She's not just "out there." She's dangerously out there. And people are listening.

yes but she did say that in one of her videos that her mom eating raw til 4 cured her cancer. Im thinking either her mom got some kind of treatment on the side or never had cancer,and if she did it wasnt that severe. yes some can go in remission but if I remember correctly she said that its like it never happened.just like some people claim juicing helped them cure theirs
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

She's openly said that chemotherapy kills and cancer patients should avoid it. Honestly, the more I read about her the more ridiculous it gets. Chemtrails. Feeding kids chicken is child abuse. Menstruation as a sign that toxicity is leaving the body. And her theories about 9/11. She's not just "out there." She's dangerously out there. And people are listening.

yes but she did say that in one of her videos that her mom eating raw til 4 cured her cancer. Im thinking either her mom got some kind of treatment on the side or never had cancer,and if she did it wasnt that severe. yes some can go in remission but if I remember correctly she said that its like it never happened.just like some people claim juicing helped them cure theirs

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing wasn't entirely fabricated, either.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing wasn't entirely fabricated, either.

There was another "clean eating" diet guru from Australia (I can't remember her name) who told everyone her diet had cured her brain cancer. Then it came out that she never had brain cancer. So I wouldn't be surprised to hear that this case of cancer was bogus too.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    It's like letting a dentist give you a hysterectomy.

I just choked on my banana. :D:D

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I must have missed a memo. Who is Freelee?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »

Freelee the Banana Girl is a YouTube personality who preaches a 80C/10/10 raw vegan style of eating. She claims that followers can eat 5,000 calories and not gain weight eating this way (she's a long-distance cyclist, so who knows, it might work for her). In order to ensure maximum viewers (and maximum ad revenue) she spends a good deal of her time attacking other YouTubers and making outlandish claims (many have been given above, but there are lots more to be found).
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »

Freelee the Banana Girl is a YouTube personality who preaches a 80C/10/10 raw vegan style of eating. She claims that followers can eat 5,000 calories and not gain weight eating this way (she's a long-distance cyclist, so who knows, it might work for her). In order to ensure maximum viewers (and maximum ad revenue) she spends a good deal of her time attacking other YouTubers and making outlandish claims (many have been given above, but there are lots more to be found).

and the more you talk about her, the more she gains :smile:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Is she really popular? I'd never heard of her until MFP. She seems like more of a curiosity.

I had never heard of her before MFP either. Maybe MFP is the reason she is popular. People here keep mentioning her so others go look her up, this drives up her 'click count' which makes others think she must have a large following. Maybe posts like the OP are the answer to the OP.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I think it's a YouTube thing. I don't know any YouTube personalities, but apparently they have their audience and market.
  • paulgads82
    paulgads82 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    YouTube is a vegan hangout. She's a vegan.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    paulgads82 wrote: »
    YouTube is a vegan hangout. She's a vegan.
    how is youtube a vegan hang out? Im not vegan and I use youtube.