Girl trouble at work?

Options
lstewart_3
lstewart_3 Posts: 807 Member
i work with the beautiful girl. I like her a lot and would like to possibly pursue a relationship. she has told me that she likes me too, but there are some problems.

1. She is 3 years younger than me
2. Everytime i suggest we hang out or do something she comes up with an excuse of some kind, we have gone for a walk and lunch a few times but recently nothing

so my question i guess is what should i do? just give it time?

Replies

• lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    #1 there are different levels of like. Maybe her like isn't the same as yours.
    #2 is it that she comes up with excuses or could it be that she lives a very busy life. Maybe ask if she'd like to do something sometime and if the answer is yes have her help set the time.

If you are sure that she is "coming up" with excuses, then yes. It's time to cut and move on.
    If there is a possibility that her life is just too busy, then ask if the is any free time you could squeeze in on.
    Be careful not to be overly pushy. Comes off as creepy guy at work.

The 3 year difference shouldn't be an issue unless you're 18 and she's 15. Then dad gets involved.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    If's she only 17 she's too young (in my opinion). Give it some time.
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a policy of not dating guys I work with, it's just a bad career move.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Assuming Nutter looked at your profile to see your age, yes give it time.
  • Stump_Likker
    Options

Assuming Nutter looked at your profile to see your age, yes give it time.

I did. i though he looked young.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Yup this
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    She probably shy. Approach her, explain how you feel and see if she just wants to hang out and talk. Once you feel like she's comfortable, hold her hand and say

"I want you to ride my baloney pony until you get saddle sores"

It works every time. I'm pretty sure.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you live, in some places age of consent laws are 16. Three year age difference is nothing, especially with a 20-year-old and 17-year-old.

I would say be extremely cautious of a situation like this, you don't want a sexual harassment complaint against you, especially if she is still considered a minor in your jurisdiction.
  • Stump_Likker
    Options
    Depends on where you live, in some places age of consent laws are 16. Three year age difference is nothing, especially with a 20-year-old and 17-year-old.

I would say be extremely cautious of a situation like this, you don't want a sexual harassment complaint against you, especially if she is still considered a minor in your jurisdiction.

Legally maybe. Emotionally, not a good idea I think. Just my opinion.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    17 year old females are flaky as F they usually don't know exactly what they want or are too scared to find out. She may only like you as a friend and just not want to hurt your feelings or make you uncomfortable around her. I used to do that to boys when I was 16 and 17, if I liked them but not enough to date them I would make excuses not to go out with them. I could never just tell them the truth, which was ****ty on my part I know that now but you live and learn.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, um, no. Relationships with people you work with are a can of worms you don't want to open. Don't **** where you eat. Seriously. Don't. Do. It.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    She probably shy. Approach her, explain how you feel and see if she just wants to hang out and talk. Once you feel like she's comfortable, hold her hand and say

"I want you to ride my baloney pony until you get saddle sores"

It works every time. I'm pretty sure.

A guy used this move on me once. He's now my husband. :blushing:
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    She's not into you, bro. If she wants you, she'll go after you.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    NO.gif
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    dating people you work with = bad.
    i did it once, and it got way out of hand when i broke it off with him. he made up rumours and treated me like crap. i had to quit.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Never get your honey where you get your money.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    maybe she doesn't like scary tattoos..... since she's still a minor. :flowerforyou:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    bad-idea1.gif?w=460
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    I have a policy of not dating guys I work with, it's just a bad career move.

^^^could be as simple as that....and nothing personal?
  • _Wild_Card_
    _Wild_Card_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. She is 3 years younger than me

Chrishansen.jpg