COMPLETELY blew my diet today...

Options
...all in one meal!!!

I'll work out some of the calories during exercise tonight. But, doubt I can exercise enough to work it all off. Didn't realize some of the things had so many calories in them. I'm so embarassed, I hid my food diary again.

THANK GOD TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!!!!

Replies

• lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    always another day... just hang in there... you can do it!!
  • Chriscic
    Chriscic Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find the positive thing after a "bad day" is that my body if fueled up and it makes it a lot easier to make it up the next day or over the next couple of days, or even to simply just get back on track. So I try not to worry too much based on one day of overage. Good luck!
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it...nor be embarrassed. It happens to all of us! You don't have to hide it either...we fall down, but we get up!
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i just ruined a really good day with a handful of jelly babies!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Totally bet you won't be the only one today. It's called living. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Okay, spill it. Tell us what you ate! :happy:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    yesterday I was just ridiculous. Both my hubby and I have been craving cake.... and we gave in. I also ate ALL the fajitas in the world. I was very satisfied, but def feeling it today. Must be careful.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    One swallow doth not a summer make, nor one day's gluttony a diet disaster.
    Get back on tomorrow.
  • melchmr
    melchmr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dont hide it we all fall down
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    ...all in one meal!!!

I'll work out some of the calories during exercise tonight. But, doubt I can exercise enough to work it all off. Didn't realize some of the things had so many calories in them. I'm so embarassed, I hid my food diary again.
    That's never happened to me. It's been one successful day after another with no missteps ever! :laugh:
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    oh, btw, wanted to mention that when I started on MFP I was doing the 5/2 fasting diet. I now use that philosophy when I've had a bad day.

Last week I was attending a girls night potluck and I know I ate over my calorie allowance, and quite frankly it was really difficult to even log what I had. I did a fast day (500-600) calories on the Tuesday and again on the Wed or Thurs. When I weighed in on Friday morning I was actually down 5lbs after having been stuck at the same weight for a few weeks.

I guess what I'm trying to say it don't worry about one day, just do some corrective action or get right back at it the next day.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    It's only possible to blow a diet if you don't get back on track. :D Just try again tomorrow. If you have your calories set to lose 1 lb a week, you could potentially eat 3500 extra calories a week and not gain a pound, so if would be very difficult to ruin it with one day.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Bad days happen, no shame in that.

It helps me to plan my meals that way I can see what I will be consuming ahead of time.

It's not the end of the world. :smile:

8488541.png
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had this day yesterday and was bummed for a while last night but then I had to tell myself to shake it off and look forward to starting over today!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it...nor be embarrassed. It happens to all of us! You don't have to hide it either...we fall down, but we get up!

^^^This
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    It's a HOLIDAY! I'm not planning to blow it, but if I do, I'm not even gonna blink.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on blowing my diet today lol Pre planned my meal and I'm about 800 calories over (from one meal too) but I've been consitantly under my goal since I started here so I'm not too concerned about enjoying one day of food :) Also, this meal would be typical for me before mfp not to mention I would have eaten a lot worse for breakfast lunch, snacks, drinking a ton of my calories... So even with my "blowing it" day I'm still a lot better off than I was before I came here :) I'm sure you'll be fine too :wink:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    It's a HOLIDAY! I'm not planning to blow it, but if I do, I'm not even gonna blink.

I blew it already.
  • Marina809
    Marina809 Posts: 38
    Options
    I did too and planned every bit of it. Barbeque chicken drumstick (skin on), 3 country style pork ribs, 1/2 of a really thick beef cheeseburger, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad, and a slice of Key Lime pie. I also nibbled on chips and dip while waiting for the food to cook. I may or may not be done yet. First cheat I've had since I started May 28th... worth every bite. Oh, not only did I cheat on calories, I cheated on fasting too. I have been on 20/4 IF since starting. Been a while since I ate before 4 pm. My body must be freaking. Oh well, back to work tomorrow, no regrets. Smile and wave :)
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Guiltless, enjoy it and move on. Be proud of the fact that you can still enjoy a meal and know tomorrow is a new day. Add in an extra workout or adjust your cals so your weekly goals are met. Problem solved! Hope it was awesome!