COMPLETELY blew my diet today...

Options
2»

Replies

• ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I say who cares! It's 1 day and 1 meal. To me it's called life!! I really believe that I have been successful in my weight loss this go around b/c I allow myself to "blow it" from time to time. Last weekend I ate an entire piece of red velvet cheese cake from cheesecake factory and it was darn good...all 1200 calories of it. next weekend is my birthday and I plan on eating cake too. as long as you don't do it all the time you are good. work out tonight, but don't kill yourself. enjoy your life and enjoy the times you 'blow it".
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I had a cheese and spinach omelette, home fries, 4 links of sausage and a slice of red velvet cake for breakfast.

For dinner, I plan on having a cheeseburger with everything on it, some potato salad and an ear of corn.

And I will drink a lot of water.

Enjoy! You don't do it every day....neither do I. But we all need it sometimes.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I planned my meals this morning ...........
    and I w ill exercise and be under.................

maybe planning meals in morning? idk
    exercise it off?
    learn and move on?
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    - This doesn't have to be all or nothing. It is OKAY to treat yourself.
    - Stop looking at it like a diet. This is a lifestyle change. Are you never ever going to eat your favorite Independence Day foods again?
    - Do you often have 100 or more calories leftover during your average week? If so, you may have "saved" enough for your "splurge!"

Relax and enjoy the holiday. :flowerforyou:
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I have one day a week where i can have my favourite meal, it stops me eating outside the calories the rest of the week.

Tomorrow is another day, Don't worry to much about it :)
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing at work today. We had a potluck for one of my coworkers who's last day was today - plus it's Independence Day. I figured it's been quite awhile since I totally went off the reservation, so I just embraced it & will get back on track tomorrow! :wink:
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I went to dairy queen the other day and even had a mini blizzard and with exercise came in below my calories. And today I plan on eating. I am saving calories so it won't be as bad but if I didn't cheat I would never loose weight i just couldn't do it. And I was way under my calories yesterday. I don't know if that helps but maybe it will. So chin up. :smile:
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    There are no bad days. There are days when we've eaten more and days when we've eaten less. The trick is only to ensure that they are proportional. It's a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I had bbq chicken, skin on, macaroni and cheese, and a salad with the works! Oh, and a small piece of flank steak.

Those salad calories add up quick! Then, of course, the bbq chicken totally blew it!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I had bbq chicken, skin on, macaroni and cheese, and a salad with the works! Oh, and a small piece of flank steak.

Those salad calories add up quick! Then, of course, the bbq chicken totally blew it!

Yum! sounds delicious!
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I guess I see this differently...I don't consider it a failure or a bad day if this happens... its just another day...and I had a bit more than I usually do. I try not to create "failure points" while I am dieting .. it is too easy to beat yourself up if you do. We ALL go over, situations arise and it happens.. I consider it a "treat" and get right back to where I need to be the next day. I think people are far too hard on themselves AND each other....
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it. I just blew mine with a load of pizza. I am going to try my best to salvage what I can by exercising after work but even if I can't exercise it all back. I'll just make sure my deficit is larger tomorrow (or all week if needed).

You could try setting a weekly calorie goal instead of a daily. This way you can eat lower calories for a few days then splurge on a day. If it balances out to be a deficit you should still lose weight. Some people eat low all week so it takes the pressure off while being out at social gathers on the weekend.

My advice log it and keep your diary open. For me it helps me control it a bit. I hate logging diasters so I try not having them.
  • bamakim
    bamakim Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too! Crazy huh! I ate at my mom's and she had some yummy casseroles and very few low cal choices. I tried to use portion control, but who knew these ingredients were all so high calorie. Oh well, like you, I'm going to try to get in an extra workout and hope that helps. Tomorrow, we'll get back up and get on track. Happy fourth! Tomorrow is a "new" day! :)
  • LYNN8SUPERSTAR
    Options
    When you know better you do better. This is a learning process for all of us!! Head up^^^:smile:
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I went to dairy queen the other day and even had a mini blizzard and with exercise came in below my calories. And today I plan on eating. I am saving calories so it won't be as bad but if I didn't cheat I would never loose weight i just couldn't do it. And I was way under my calories yesterday. I don't know if that helps but maybe it will. So chin up. :smile:

YEP!!! Seriously blew it this evening myself but tomorrow is a new day! :wink:
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    HA! Guess what? Got on the scale this morning and I had LOST a pound!
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's happened to me in the past...I would eat whatever and the scale would go down.

See...It all works out in the end.