• Looking for more friends! •

Options
Hey guys! I'm on a 55 day streak so far. When I joined, I was 185 pounds, now I'm just as 166. I'm looking for some more friends to add to the roster since things have grown a little quiet on my end.

The goal is 140! What's your goal? c:

Replies

• bigcountry0430
    bigcountry0430 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far!!! I'm Rob. My goal is to go from 360 to 275. Just starting.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far!!! I'm Rob. My goal is to go from 360 to 275. Just starting.
    I'll add you and we can get to that goal together! Very proud that you decided to step into action, that hardest part is getting started. It really is.
  • claudiaramos1310
    claudiaramos1310 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. My name is Claudia & I'm starting all over again. My goal is 180 from 260. Sometimes I think it's not possible.
  • manhandle97
    manhandle97 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing!! My names Hannah and I just started my journey this morning..pretty nervous but im trying to maintain confidence and tell myself i can do this!!! I weigh 156 lbs right now and my goal is 145 to start out at.but my ultimate goal is to weigh 130 lbs! :) do you have any tips that could help me out as a new comer to this?
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. My name is Claudia & I'm starting all over again. My goal is 180 from 260. Sometimes I think it's not possible.

It's entirely possible. Please don't give up. Feel free to add me and if you want, we can even exchange numbers so if I don't see you posting for a day or two, I can nudge you and get you back in track!
  • claudiaramos1310
    Options
    Thank you a lot. Sure I'll add you.
  • claudiaramos1310
    Options
    Wow that is amazing!! My names Hannah and I just started my journey this morning..pretty nervous but im trying to maintain confidence and tell myself i can do this!!! I weigh 156 lbs right now and my goal is 145 to start out at.but my ultimate goal is to weigh 130 lbs! :) do you have any tips that could help me out as a new comer to this?

I know it can get really hard. I have tried countless time to be healthy but it's always something that make some fall back. I was doing great for 2 weeks but fell cause of spring break. You know how that gets lol but I'm sure talking with people & having extra support we all can get to the healthy lifestyle we want. :smiley:
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options

I know it can get really hard. I have tried countless time to be healthy but it's always something that make some fall back. I was doing great for 2 weeks but fell cause of spring break. You know how that gets lol but I'm sure talking with people & having extra support we all can get to the healthy lifestyle we want. :smiley:

The biggest "secret" about weight loss is: you have to WANT it. Not want it. WANT. We all /want/ to lose weight but there will come a time when you absolutely want it. It's self motivation that is built up from personal desire. You can't lose weight just because you feel like it or want it for that moment, it'll never last. You've got to want...

To look better.
    To be healthier.
    To live longer.
    To have more time with friends and family.
    To be able to play with your children and/or pets.
    To have energy.
    To feel good.
    To not be restricted.
    To feel like a champion for overcoming something that millions of people are too lazy to overcome.
  • Shadow814
    Shadow814 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My name is Jennifer. My goal is 125/130, I started at about 145.
  • lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I'm starting all over again! Had my son and had just an extra 15 pounds to lose to be my pre pregnancy weight after I had him. Nursed him for a year and gained 30 pounds after I stopped. Who would think!!! Lol but yes I'm starting all over again and I know I can do it! Let's be friends!!
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    lina1016 wrote: »
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I'm starting all over again! Had my son and had just an extra 15 pounds to lose to be my pre pregnancy weight after I had him. Nursed him for a year and gained 30 pounds after I stopped. Who would think!!! Lol but yes I'm starting all over again and I know I can do it! Let's be friends!!

Congratulations on the baaaayyyybbbyyyy (although it's late!)! You can do it - plenty of mommas have in the past and you'll be the next one to break that new mommy belly curse!
  • lwhite0705
    lwhite0705 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello...This is going to be my first attempt losing weight on my own. No more quick fixes.... I'm not gonna lie. I'm so scared! Don't wanna fail and have to depend on pills again! Been doing a lot of research... hoping to change my lifestyle and my body! Current weight 212.8. I want to get to 199 soooo bad!
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! We have similar goals we should def be friends. When I originally started on MFP I was close to 200lb and now I'm back up to the 160's so I'm working on losing again.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    lwhite0705 wrote: »
    Hello...This is going to be my first attempt losing weight on my own. No more quick fixes.... I'm not gonna lie. I'm so scared! Don't wanna fail and have to depend on pills again! Been doing a lot of research... hoping to change my lifestyle and my body! Current weight 212.8. I want to get to 199 soooo bad!

Hey. We'll get you to 199 and lower if you want. 13 pounds? You're gonna knock that out of the ballpark so quick, it'll make your head spin!

I'll be happy to help with any questions you have. Please definitely feel free to add me, make sure that profile/diary is OPEN (public or friends, either way), and go out there and buy yourself the most important tool ever if you haven't already: the food scale.

Chin up, you got this! No more quick fixes is one of the first important steps to realizing the reality of weight loss, and realizing that it is entirely in your hands. Say goodbye to those pills. All they do is empty your wallet.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options

I going 268 to 175.
  • escher138
    escher138 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll tag-along this train. I have a long 100 pound path in front of me.
  • NicolePrzy
    NicolePrzy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! Great job so far! I am trying to get back into the swing of things! My goal is 150 I am 166 now.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    NicolePrzy wrote: »
    Hey! Great job so far! I am trying to get back into the swing of things! My goal is 150 I am 166 now.

Is it weird that I was like, "Wow, I wish I was 166" and then got excited when I remembered I was? The 160's to the 150's just doesn't seem like that long of a stretch now! You'll get there in no time. c:
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    escher138 wrote: »
    I'll tag-along this train. I have a long 100 pound path in front of me.

100 pounds is completely possible. c: I'll be happy to join you and watch you progress! (I'll want progress pics too!)
  • PrincessK90210
    PrincessK90210 Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm on a 55 day streak so far. When I joined, I was 185 pounds, now I'm just as 166. I'm looking for some more friends to add to the roster since things have grown a little quiet on my end.

The goal is 140! What's your goal? c:

130 is my goal. I have a bo ut 140 lbs to go. I was 335. I lost about 66 lbs