• Looking for more friends! •

Options
2»

Replies

• Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing!! My names Hannah and I just started my journey this morning..pretty nervous but im trying to maintain confidence and tell myself i can do this!!! I weigh 156 lbs right now and my goal is 145 to start out at.but my ultimate goal is to weigh 130 lbs! :) do you have any tips that could help me out as a new comer to this?

I know it can get really hard. I have tried countless time to be healthy but it's always something that make some fall back. I was doing great for 2 weeks but fell cause of spring break. You know how that gets lol but I'm sure talking with people & having extra support we all can get to the healthy lifestyle we want. :smiley:

The biggest "secret" about weight loss is: you have to WANT it. Not want it. WANT. We all /want/ to lose weight but there will come a time when you absolutely want it. It's self motivation that is built up from personal desire. You can't lose weight just because you feel like it or want it for that moment, it'll never last. You've got to want...

To look better.
    To be healthier.
    To live longer.
    To have more time with friends and family.
    To be able to play with your children and/or pets.
    To have energy.
    To feel good.
    To not be restricted.
    To feel like a champion for overcoming something that millions of people are too lazy to overcome.

---Great post, so true!
    ---I started at 140, down to 131, goal is 125.
    ---Add me if you'd like, I'm on here every day.
  • vwilliams003
    vwilliams003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 140. I have a fairly active group that keep me on track, if you would care to join us!
  • TheLongshot
    TheLongshot Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm a second timer on MFP after losing 70lbs the first time round then subsequently putting it all back on after a tough period, I'm back to do it all again and was looking for friends on here :)
  • Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm on a 55 day streak so far. When I joined, I was 185 pounds, now I'm just as 166. I'm looking for some more friends to add to the roster since things have grown a little quiet on my end.

The goal is 140! What's your goal? c:

130 is my goal. I have a bo ut 140 lbs to go. I was 335. I lost about 66 lbs

That is SUPER great! Good for you, K! Lets add each other, I would love to watch your progress! I'll demand B&A pics of you, too!
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    My goal is also 140. I have a fairly active group that keep me on track, if you would care to join us!

Heck yeah I would!
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Hey all, I'm a second timer on MFP after losing 70lbs the first time round then subsequently putting it all back on after a tough period, I'm back to do it all again and was looking for friends on here :)

Hey, I know how that is. I got in a bad relationship in the past that put me from a previous 160 pounds up to 190. Tough times have big impacts, especially when you're an emotional eater. Welcome back and lets kick some *kitten*. :blush:
  • jammer1963
    jammer1963 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I am at 175 currently and want to get to 165 but I 160 would be great. I know when my weight starts to creep up because my knee's say, "Hey, time to lose some weight. Your killing me" LOL
  • TheLongshot
    TheLongshot Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Hey, I know how that is. I got in a bad relationship in the past that put me from a previous 160 pounds up to 190. Tough times have big impacts, especially when you're an emotional eater. Welcome back and lets kick some *kitten*. :blush:

I'm sorry to hear about that, yeah mine was a combination of two emergency surgeries followed by a break up shortly after (fun, eh?) which threw me off the wagon in a big way! Like you say, let's beat this :)
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    jammer1963 wrote: »
    Keep up the good work! I am at 175 currently and want to get to 165 but I 160 would be great. I know when my weight starts to creep up because my knee's say, "Hey, time to lose some weight. Your killing me" LOL

I'm pretty fortunate that I don't have bone or joint aches but my reflection is like, "Bruh".
  • gabby12820
    gabby12820 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am newer to this program. I have used it before but I got super frustrated with everything. I am back on the band wagon and really just looking for some motivational people to keep me on track and focused.

Thanks in advanced
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    gabby12820 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am newer to this program. I have used it before but I got super frustrated with everything. I am back on the band wagon and really just looking for some motivational people to keep me on track and focused.

Thanks in advanced

If you have any questions about the app, please feel free to ask. We'll be more than happy to help you get use to it and comfortable here. ♥
  • claudiaramos1310
    claudiaramos1310 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm starting To feel better already. All these positive vibes is exactly what I need. Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • claudiaramos1310
    Options

Thanks in advanced

If you have any questions about the app, please feel free to ask. We'll be more than happy to help you get use to it and comfortable here. ♥

How do I turn on the notifications when someone comments on a discussion? iPhone user. Help please.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options

Thanks in advanced

How do I turn on the notifications when someone comments on a discussion? iPhone user. Help please.

I don't have an iPhone and I don't get discussion notices on my Android. However you can open the app and go to the drop down menu and look for Community. In there, there will be different options at the top and one of them says notices. c:
  • claudiaramos1310
    Options

Thanks in advanced

I don't have an iPhone and I don't get discussion notices on my Android. However you can open the app and go to the drop down menu and look for Community. In there, there will be different options at the top and one of them says notices. c:

Oh okay. So I can just keep doing that. I thought maybe there was some type of notification setting so we can get them directly. But this Is great too. Thanks
  • marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! It looks like we have similar goals. I'd like to lose about 15 pounds, hopefully by summer :)
  • mathes8o8
    mathes8o8 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    180 currently 211, and I'm having a salad right now !
  • icee0128
    icee0128 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hello! i need to make friends on my app as well! i just started yesterday, my goal is to drop 40 lbs.
  • timony
    timony Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your winning streak! I'm committed to logging my calories every day, even when I know I've gone over my calorie goal. I'm trying to lose at least 10 lbs.
  • claudiaramos1310
    Options
    timony wrote: »
    Congrats on your winning streak! I'm committed to logging my calories every day, even when I know I've gone over my calorie goal. I'm trying to lose at least 10 lbs.

Logging in all the foods you eat will help you a lot. Me doing this has helped me a lot. Just keep on top of it. You will lose those 10lbs quick