Just started, and I've got a long way to go (current progres

Options

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Can see a big difference in your two photos there already! Keep going, WTG and congratulations!!! :drinker:
  • jems11021
    jems11021 Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow way to go!
  • upsy
    upsy Posts: 42
    Options
    Great job! You are so lucky to have friend like yours! I love your excitment :)
  • LosingLbsAndGainingConfidence
    Options
    sorry! half a month
    :blushing:
    well actually I started on the 6th of June so it will almost be a month
    Options
    Great job! You are so lucky to have friend like yours! I love your excitment :)
    Ithanks! and I know! We have came a long way together and i dont think I could have done as much as I have without her. Yay for her (SaraLeverenz) She just hit her 40lb mark!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    wow you can see the weight just dropping off you compared to when you started! its amazing how different you look figure wise already :D keep it up your doing great!!!!

xxxxx
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You look fab ,you look like you have lost a lot more than 20lbs .:smile:
    Options
    Aww Thanks! :) I hope I look AMAZING when I hit 100
  • Nikz99
    Nikz99 Posts: 8
    Options
    WOW!!! What a huge difference. You are doing so great!
    Options
    Just an update !I'm one lb from hitting -30lbs! and i'm 5 lbs away from hitting under 300! i'm excited
    Wish me luck!

1259364.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're results are awesome! Be proud of yourself, you're doing great!
  • marvey1214
    Options
    So awesome! you're a great inspiration to me. can you share your weight loss experience?
    Options
    So awesome! you're a great inspiration to me. can you share your weight loss experience?

Aww thanks, I must say I've never ever thought anyone would say that about me..especially with weight loss..

My whole life i've pretty much been overweight I'd always go on fad diets or diet pills and I'd lose a few lbs here and there and then it would stop and I would just "accept" the way I am. Yet I've never been able to look in the mirror and actually say to myself "wow i'm beautiful" I've always just seen the weight..no matter how beautiful my husband would tell me I am I didn't believe it. .. So This Feb I had my first baby my weight climbed all the way up to 345 Lbs while I was pregnant., after I had him I lost 20 lbs of it. And I was determined to lose all my baby weight plus all the weight I've been carrying my whole life.
    So after I finished breastfeeding..I got serious and started changing my eating habits around..I was maybe losing about 3 lbs in a month due to no exercise (my Dr. wouldn't allow me due to C-section complication). I decided to move back to my hometown in order to be close to family and friends, I just so happen to have a friend which i've known since I was 12 who was actually trying to lose weight...so we made a commitment together to eat healthy and workout and not let eachother fall off the wagon.
    That's when she told me about MFP, I downloaded the app on my iphone...and I was serious about weight loss this time..and i'm not going to lie, it's not just to get healthy..because honestly even though i'm considered morbidly obese I've been lucky enough to never have any kind of health problems or difficulties in my pregnancy or getting pregnant...
    So I changed my eating habits, my calorie intake was 1000 and I went to the gym everyday with my friend for a hr each day doing cardio and strength training...my first 2 weeks I lost about 15 lbs..i was ecstatic, I was seeing results so that only drove me to continue what I was doing...everyone kept telling me my calorie intake wasnt enough so I thought I'd go into this smart and see a Dr. When I saw my Dr. I explained to her everything I was doing and how much weight I had lost so far..she was amazed and said that I was doing great and to keep doing what i'm doing..and she took a bunch of blood tests to make sure I was good..to my suprise my cholesterol and everything was perfect...she scheduled me with a nutritionist, which was great..I think everyone should have one..She was kind of like a food Psychiatrist lol. Also she just so happen to be a bit insecure herself because she said she wasnt as skinny as most of her co workers..but I honestly thought she was the perfect size..but anywho..it was nice to know I was doing something right.
    So I continued to stick to my new way of eating healthy. I would eat a scrambled egg for breakfast and a cup of yogurt, for snacks I would eat cucumbers, some type of fruit, and or a cheese stick, lunch would normally be a healthy choice or depending how I felt spinach topped with tuna, and for dinner I would eat grilled chicken and veggies..and everytime I got a craving for sweets I had a yogurt or my most favorite thing in the world now Del monte fruit chillers, theyre like frozen fruit pops..and it's all natural and it's only 50 calories and counts as a fruit! I don't know what i'd do without them..also I cut out all sodas..even diet soda..if I want something other than water I have a crystal light. I i religiously continued to go to the gym 6 days a week. So my first month I lost a total of 25 lbs...recently about a week ago my weightloss had stopped at 25 for almost 2 weeks..I was getting very discouraged and didn't know what to do...So I decided to up my calories that day, I had things I didn't normaly eat since I had started my Life change (i say life change because diets always expire, and I didn't want that) I had subway, I even had 2 cookies...I had about 1400 calories that day..and me and my friend decided to changed our routine and up are cardio..well to my suprise that morning I lost 6 ounces..So I was ecstatic..So I decided to up my normal calories to 1200, drink plenty more water, and do more cardio..In the 3 days of me changing my habits I lost a total of 3.6 lbs..so now i'm back on track to hitting my goal..I hope to hit 100 lbs by the end of the yr, If I can hit that goal I will feel like I have accomplished alot...I must say just being a few ounces away from 30 makes me feel good..because I've lost it the right way...and I must say, it takes dedication..I can defiantly say I had no clue on June 6th when I first started this that I could say less than a month and a half that I can say I am 6 lbs away from my short goal...I have much more to go..and it sounds almost impossible..but I am determined to do it...

I hope I helped you a bit in your journey..If I can do it i'm very positive you can to! It just takes dedication! Good luck!
  • toridorey
    toridorey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!! You look awesome!! Having a friend hold you accountable makes all the difference!! Congratulations so far-you're doing great!!! :laugh:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    WOW! Look at you Ms. Skinny!! You are amazing! I can't wait to see how fabulous you will look once you reach your goal weight!
    Options
    thanks alot! its means a bunch to me..i've been struggling with my weight my whole life..and to finally start getting some where with it feels amazing
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    AMAZING job! Congrats on what you've done so far! You have a great attitude about this, so I'm sure you'll reach your goals! Keep us updated!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    WTG! You are motivating us all to drop those lbs!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    holy cow! i had to reread to see that that was June 13 and 26 (or whatever, I can't see the dates) of the same year! Drastic! love it!
    Options
    So tonight after I left the gym I was feeling good..and I've been staring in the mirror..and I was like "am I crazy, or are my rolls disappearing?" so I thought even though it's not too far apart I thought it was time for a side by side!
    am I crazy?

progress.jpg

oh yeah I forgot..btw those pants are sooo not flattering anymore..i'm sure you can tell but they're getting droopy in the butt..I think it's time for a new pair

oldpants.jpg
    these use to be my favorite pair of jeans..now not even a belt would keep them up

Lets not forget my AMAZING friend..
    She looks AMAZING!
    sb1.jpg
    sb.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!