The 4th of july is my independence day as well.

Options
13»

Replies

• marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!
  • nchappynurse
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!!! How wonderful!:smile:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look GREAT!

Congrats on your many successes so far, you will surely reach your goals :smile:!
  • manda2980
    manda2980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look HOT! : )
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing achievement!!!!

Well done :)
    xx
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    congrats, you look great!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow! Quite an accomplishment. Keep up the good work!!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    ROCK ON!!! You have done an amazing job!! Can't wait to see your "made it to goal weight" post. You are an inspiration!!
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • tkloss04
    tkloss04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!
  • Brandon2117
    Options
    INCREDIBLE work, bro.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

this is my first post and I felt like I needed to do this because MFP has helped me so much I feel. Last year July 4th 2012 I decided to quit with the excuses and go back to the gym. I can't say it was always easy this last year and I definitely had my times where I slipped up a bit but it the end it has been 100% worth it and I'm never going back to the old me.

When I started this journey I was 453 lbs, I can say that my weight never really bothered me to much, I would still go out with friends and all that but I just never realized how big I was. When I got the the gym on this day last year the first thing i did was weight myself and when I saw 453 I couldn't believe it. That was the motivation I needed, right there staring back at me was what made me say "lets do this, i'm never going to see this number again".

Here I am now a year later and 104 lbs lighter at 349lbs. I still have another 99 lbs I want to lose and I will no doubt, within the last year I've run my first 5k and am doing an 8k on Sunday. I am also training for my first half marathon in April as well as my first triathlon in May.

I want to say that you can do this, you don't have to be super strict with your diet and you can take a day off from working out and you should. I tried to stick to my calorie count and I made sure to work out atleast 5 days a week.

9211631480_a806ecafd9_o.jpg
    1 year progress by tkloss04, on Flickr

You look fantastic! Congrats for getting your life back and being such an inspiration to the rest of us!! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!