What did you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• tarboro84
    tarboro84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of hard boiled eggs. I vary it up, but today I had hard boiled eggs, a hunk of baked sweet potato, and a protein shake (just a scoop of protein powder and a cup of soymilk). Protein is a big struggle for me too, but that combo manages to get me around 47g of protein, plus it's super filling and delicious.

I gotta get some protein powder and try the shake. I'm new to this but this is a good idea too
  • geminimcm
    geminimcm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had my normal weekday breakfast of 2 cups of coffee and Chobani Greek yogurt with some flax and chia seeds. It's really good and greek yogurt has lots of protein
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    DataSeven wrote: »
    I had corn flakes with 1% milk and 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese. I recommend cottage cheese for protein if you can handle the bland-ness of it. Some people like to mix fruit in, but I prefer it by itself.

I LOVE plain cottage cheese (like I used to eat a container of it at a time, before I was watching calories, as an evening snack or for breakfast). Don't like anything mixed in, especially not anything sweet, which seems weird and ugh to me. Agree that it's an excellent protein source (I usually eat the 1%, sometimes 2%), and luckily I am also capable of eating it in moderation. ;-)
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Pretty much every morning I have 3 slices pre-cooked bacon, 1 egg and 2 egg whites. Gives me 23g protein and only 180 calories. I buy the Maple Leaf pre-cooked bacon so I don't spend all morning cooking and egg whites by the quart. If I'm playing volleyball that evening, I'll also have 2 toaster waffles or toast for some extra carbs. Occasionally, for a change, I'll make oatmeal and stir in some protein powder.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast pretty much every morning - 2 scrambled eggs and steel cut oatmeal with honey, peanut butter, and 1/2 a banana. So yummy and it keeps me super full.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    lilkimi525 wrote: »
    I had slice of toast with tablespoon of coconut oil..... Sliced apple with cinnamon and 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt. Coconut water

Good grief...
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I made a quick egg salad and ate it with slices of cucumbers.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Chocolate peanut butter smoothie, post workout.
    2 scoops chocolate whey powder
    10 oz frozen strawberries (others may use bananas, I can't stand bananas though)
    10 oz 1% milk
    3 tbsp PB2

25% to each kid and 50% to me. 250 calories/31c/4f/26p/5g fiber

And 2 cups of black tea.

Usually will have 1/2 cup cottage cheese as a mid morning snack. Not feeling so hungry right now though so may save it for afternoon.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    This morning, I ate 185g of cottage cheese with 85g of thawed-from-frozen blackberries and a cup of coffee with 7g unsweetened cocoa powder added.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    minizebu wrote: »
    This morning, I ate 185g of cottage cheese with 85g of thawed-from-frozen blackberries and a cup of coffee with 7g unsweetened cocoa powder added.

Anyone with any normal breakfasts?
  • tarboro84
    Options
    jtolman619 wrote: »
    I have the same breakfast pretty much every morning - 2 scrambled eggs and steel cut oatmeal with honey, peanut butter, and 1/2 a banana. So yummy and it keeps me super full.

Oh yea sounds Good and fulfilling!
  • tarboro84
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    lilkimi525 wrote: »
    I had slice of toast with tablespoon of coconut oil..... Sliced apple with cinnamon and 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt. Coconut water

Good grief...

Lol the toast and coconut oil got me too
  • tarboro84
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    minizebu wrote: »

Anyone with any normal breakfasts?

Lol I agree
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Define normal breakfast? lol :)
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is what I had for breakfast (3 servings - prepped for the next 3 days.) Whisk it then bake it in a pie/cake pan at 350 for 40 minutes or so.

4 full eggs
    8 egg whites
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup shredded cheese (of your choice)
    1/2 medium onion, diced
    1 cup kale, chopped
    1 medium tomato chopped
    1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
    1 clove of garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp salt
    pepper to taste
  • tarboro84
    Options
    DataSeven wrote: »
    Define normal breakfast? lol :)

Idk I guess a traditional breakfast that is fullfilling and won't kill you lol
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup no-sugar cereal and berries with a little 2% milk, 1 cup milk with whey protein powder, 1 english muffin with 1 T peanut butter, 2 cups of coffee.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    1 cup cottage cheese and a cup of sliced strawberried
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    4 egg white omelette (20g protein), whole grain toast (6g protein), 16 grams peanut butter (4g protein). 30g protein total.
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Two slices of sesame ezekiel bread (made with sprouted grains; has no sugar, less sodium, more protein and more fibre than normal bread) with unsweetened almond butter.