Nutrisystem

Options
I'm sure it works for some, not so much for me. Three months of strict adherence and I lost 4 pounds. All the extra food you have to buy makes it expensive too in my view.

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    That's what makes calorie counting great - no cost, no prescribed foods to eat that you may or may not enjoy, quality control over foods you prepare - it works. Make sure your calorie goal isn't overly aggressive. Eat your favorite foods, add a little movement for extra calories and overall fitness.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    That's what makes calorie counting great - no cost, no prescribed foods to eat that you may or may not enjoy, quality control over foods you prepare - it works. Make sure your calorie goal isn't overly aggressive. Eat your favorite foods, add a little movement for extra calories and overall fitness.

All of that, and I found many of my favorite foods were easily doable. Others, well... others require more planning.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    It did and does work for me, but I am also learning to do it own my own along the way.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    "I found many of my favorite foods were easily doable. Others, well... others require more planning."

Exactly! No food is completely off limits, but some requires more planning to fit in the budget. It makes you figure out which foods are really important to you. The upside is that you end up eating only the foods you most love. I have found that it helps to tell myself, when I want something right now that won't fit in today's budget, that it's going to exist tomorrow and the next day, too, when I should be able to find room if it's that important. I don't have to eat everything good right this instant! Nor do I have to feel intolerably deprived just because I have to wait for something good.