What's your best little tip that has helped you?

Options
I'm thinking for this thread we should get a list going of little tips that have helped us. It could be with dieting, excising, motivation or anything else. I'm not looking for general things like "eat at a calorie deficit" or "commit to excising" or "do it for yourself".

I'm thinking more like "I suck on a peppermint after dinner so I won't eat ice cream" or "I put sugar free jello in my iced tea" or "I find the cutest girl in the gym and go and use the machine next to her"............

I'm not saying I do anything of those things, I just wanted to give some funny examples of the kind of things I'd like to hear about.

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    When dessert is being made for holidays and such I started using fruit instead of things like cake. Like fruit crisp for example with less sugar because fruit is flavorful enough.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I buy myself toys to motivate myself to exercise more. Example: I got a sweet carbon fiber handlebar, now I need to go ride some rough pavement and enjoy how comfy they are.

Oh, wait, this isn't the confessions thread.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    weighing all solids with food scale
  • mewilmes
    mewilmes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Increase fiber and vegetable consumption
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Be creative about changing your habits. A lot of my best strategies came from looking at my problems differently, like instead of not eating when I'm bored, I challenged myself to come up with things to do, so I'm not bored.
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    giving up sodas and only drinking water is what has helped me the most. Also my body ran on 3 fast food/dining out meals a day, now that I cut that down to 3 fast food/dining out meals a week the weight melts off. Im on a 1200 calorie diet and I look at my weekly intake more then my daily. Some days I only eat 600 calories, other days I eat almost 2000. It all evens out in the end. I move more, I work out 5 times a week and every Sunday I go hiking which burns a significant amount of calories
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Drinking 2-3 liters of water. It helps me stay full and prevents me from overeating
  • Officially_Rosey
    Officially_Rosey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chewing sugar-free mint gum has helped me to not constantly think about wanting to eat. I've been put on a temporary diet for medical reasons and the first days were tough! Chewing the sugar-free gum really helped :smiley:
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I LOVE Skinny Pop popcorn. I used to derail at the end of my work day on my long ride home. Now, I have 1- 100 calorie bag of Skinny Pop every day on my way home. This satisfies my urge for munching on the way home and keeps me from devouring everything in sight once I get home.

I like skinny pop! I also buy the boom chicka pop lightly sweetened popcorn.

What helps me the most is faithfully measuring and weighing my foods.
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I get my afternoon sweet craving after lunch at work, instad of going for a cookie or chocolate bar I suck on a Werther's. They are super sweet, last a while, and only a few calories (I think 18?)

I also give myself challenges. Like, no Kraft dinner for a month (it's a weakness of mine). Not being able to have it for a month feels doable, and helps me get out of the habit of eating it regularly.

This is a very good tip. I have to keep kraft dinner out of the house too ... its a trigger food for me.

I leave between 200-400 of my daily calories for the evening, my Netlfix and chill snack lol. I usually have something like pop corn and a rice krispy treat. Gives me something to look forward to every day and usually keeps me from eating a ton of sweets through the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!