Are you bikini season ready ?

Options
Hey all ! So i started out here back in February at 217. I am now down to 192.5 and am so proud of myself. However, i am NOT ready for bikini season. I would like to get down to about 160 by the end of June as i am going to the waterpark capital of the world. I am working on loosing the extra pounds and tonight up my body !!! I hope all of you would like to join me on getting bikini season ready by shaping our glutes, and toning our tummy, thighs, and arms!!! Ill start by posting my favourite tummy exercises and i hope all of you can post your exercises that you enjoy as well !!

ABS ON FIRE:
-12 russian twists
-12 bicycle crunches
-12 plank jacks
-12 regular crunch
-12 leg raises
-12 bosu ball crunches
Repeat 3-4 times

I usually do this at the end of my workout! So if i am doing arms that day, i will start out with my entire arm workout. Then do my abs, then hit some kind of cardio. Either a 20 minute jog , bicycle, cybex, or elliptical !!! Please comment with your favourite workouts!!!

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Am I ready? Hell no.
    Just started with a personal trainer. Cut out wine, well, mostly...and eating well. We shall see what happens!?!?!
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Am I ready? Hell no.
    Just started with a personal trainer. Cut out wine, well, mostly...and eating well. We shall see what happens!?!?!

Absolutely ! Im not bikini ready yet either so we can all work together and post our progress along the way !
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm getting there. Not going to be wearing a bikini mind.

I hate doing direct ab work, so I don't do any, except when my boxing coach makes me do situps/leg raises. But I'll have visible abs by june if all goes to plan.

I enjoy deadlifts, squats and bench press, and accessories that go with them, running and boxing for cardio.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Eh, I stopped being interested in bikinis long ago. I'm a swimmer and a one piece is better suited for swimming IMO. Glad I've never been a sun worshipper given the way other family members are dealing with skin cancers.

But if that's what motivates y'all, go for it!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Jams009 wrote: »

I hate doing direct ab work, so I don't do any, except when my boxing coach makes me do situps/leg raises. But I'll have visible abs by june if all goes to plan.

I enjoy deadlifts, squats and bench press, and accessories that go with them, running and boxing for cardio.

Ditto, and they really don't do what people hope they're doing.

I mainly do 40 min of some sort of cardio 4 days a week, and different full body exercises on 3 of those.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bikini, so I guess I'm not ready.

When I buy a bikini, I will have a bikini body! :sunglasses:
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    bikini-body1.jpg
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    uh no. That's why I'm here. :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yup...just picked up my thong banana hammock...epic summer ahead! Watch out ladies....
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Yup...just picked up my thong banana hammock...epic summer ahead! Watch out ladies....

Lol kinda scared
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here but 30lbs in two and a half months is probably a no............

I'm not bikini body ready because so far I just have a one piece. Haven't found a bikini I like yet. When I have the bikini I will put it on my body, et voila, bikini body!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Jams009 wrote: »

Ditto, and they really don't do what people hope they're doing.

I mainly do 40 min of some sort of cardio 4 days a week, and different full body exercises on 3 of those.

yup
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here but 30lbs in two and a half months is probably a no............

Agreed. That's close to 3 pounds a week.

I've never even tried on a bikini.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm ready.

4j4x4ucfzew9.jpg
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    No. But I am also not fat, just need a lot of plastic surgery.
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bikini-body1.jpg

Perfect!! Not sure I'll ever have what general society deems a "bikini body" but that's not going to stop me from enjoying fun in the sun and water at the beach with my family!

• serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you ask me, then no, I'm not because I could weigh 80lbs and still feel fat in a bikini. Hubby gives the thumbs up, though, so I guess weekends at the pool are still on.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Staying at a hotel next week and I'll be wearing a two piece suit. When I first transitioned into maintenance it was a big deal to wear a swimsuit at all but now a few years into it, swimsuits aren't not even a thing I think about (I just need to find the darn thing before we leave lol). I don't really exercise either but I'm happy with how I look, and my husband didn't like it when I had pronounced ab/back definition back when I did strength training, so it's all good :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Staying at a hotel next week and I'll be wearing a two piece suit. When I first transitioned into maintenance it was a big deal to wear a swimsuit at all but now a few years into it, swimsuits aren't not even a thing I think about (I just need to find the darn thing before we leave lol). I don't really exercise either but I'm happy with how I look, and my husband didn't like it when I had pronounced ab/back definition back when I did strength training, so it's all good :)

I will admit that I hate wearing bathing suits, period. I go swimming maybe once every other year and I always start crying while trying on suits. That's with a pretty conservative Lands' End type of suit. Trying on a bikini might do me in.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I will admit that I hate wearing bathing suits, period. I go swimming maybe once every other year and I always start crying while trying on suits. That's with a pretty conservative Lands' End type of suit. Trying on a bikini might do me in.

I have a halter style top (Old Navy), that I wear with a skirted bottom (Target). Before I lost the weight I wore t-shirts and shorts, so when I hit my first goal weight I made myself get a swimsuit. And then I wore it under a cover up the entire summer :p It was hard to get over that hurdle mentally, but I'm now to the point in my life where I'm finally comfortable in my 37 year old/mom of 3 kids/lost a lot of weight skin :)