Are you bikini season ready ?

Options

Replies

• marebear31485
    marebear31485 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nope. And probably never will be. But being able to "look good" in a bikini is not my goal. My goal is simply to be healthy.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm ready.

4j4x4ucfzew9.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed that not only is this lady not twiggy thin but she has an abdominal scar and a colostomy.

Everyone can wear a bikini if they want to.

Personally I do not want to but that has nothing to do with my body.

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Hey all ! So i started out here back in February at 217. I am now down to 192.5 and am so proud of myself. However, i am NOT ready for bikini season. I would like to get down to about 160 by the end of June as i am going to the waterpark capital of the world. I am working on loosing the extra pounds and tonight up my body !!! I hope all of you would like to join me on getting bikini season ready by shaping our glutes, and toning our tummy, thighs, and arms!!! Ill start by posting my favourite tummy exercises and i hope all of you can post your exercises that you enjoy as well !!

ABS ON FIRE:
    -12 russian twists
    -12 bicycle crunches
    -12 plank jacks
    -12 regular crunch
    -12 leg raises
    -12 bosu ball crunches
    Repeat 3-4 times

I usually do this at the end of my workout! So if i am doing arms that day, i will start out with my entire arm workout. Then do my abs, then hit some kind of cardio. Either a 20 minute jog , bicycle, cybex, or elliptical !!! Please comment with your favourite workouts!!!

I have a bikini. So yes, I am ready :) I have had a bikini body with weight to lose, with visible abs, while heavily pregnant, post c-sections, without stretchmarks, with stretchmarks. It is the beach, not a contest.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @amandachartrand65 I would recommend introducing some strength exercises like deadlifts, squats and pull-ups. These will really help with toning and burning calories,as well as making you more Buff B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I was ready.

The weather was not. This past summer was just not warm enough for a bikini.

Several times I just about bought one ... but just couldn't justify it for the 5 minutes I'd get to wear it.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll never be 100% happy with my body, but I still always wear my bikini and dont give a **** what other ppl think
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I wasted a lot of years wearing a tankini because I thought my body wasn't good enough for a bikini. Once I realized how stupid that was and how short life is I started wearing one again. I love the feeling of the sun on my stomach much more than itchy wet material covering it up.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    bikini-body1.jpg

This is what my husband says all the time when I mention wanting to get a bikini body. LOL!
  • ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bikini-body1.jpg

Great!
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I guess I am odd, but I have no desire to wear a bikini! Even before multiple surgeries (I have 7 different scars on my stomach - one that is about 7 inches around my waist) and even before weight gain I never was really into bikinis. I am just trying to lose weight and ditch the meds I have to take because I let myself go.
  • MillyMooMummy1994
    MillyMooMummy1994 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No lol after two babies not sure i will ever be confident in a bikini again!
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I wasn't bikini ready last year and still wore one. 30lbs down this year and looking better but prob not bikini ready yet , will that stop me , no way bring on summer
  • emmincontrol
    emmincontrol Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wasted a lot of years wearing a tankini because I thought my body wasn't good enough for a bikini. Once I realized how stupid that was and how short life is I started wearing one again. I love the feeling of the sun on my stomach much more than itchy wet material covering it up.

This! I finally decided to wear a bikini two years ago and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I always thought people would stare at my body in a bikini like it's some sort of exclusive club but that didn't happen. Granted, it's one of those high-waisted ones so only 2 inches of my tummy are showing but it still helped with the way I view my body.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    :D:D I'm surprised at how many really gorgeous bodies I'm seeing on the profile pics in this post stating that they are nowhere near ready for bikinis. :( I would kill just to have the body you all have now.

A picture can be so wrong though ! Im sure in my picture i do not look 192.5 pounds. I am tall ( 5'11 ) and weighed 217lbs 3 months ago. So ive dropped 22 lbs , the reason for me saying i am not "beach" or "bikini" ready is because i would like to tone up my body much more !! When i am walking on the resort during my vacation i do not want my skin to be loose, id like to be tight and toned and 20 pounds less. Which i think is a very realistic goal !!!

Still gorgeous! :) As are all the others I see on here. I just hope by June I'm shorts and tank top ready. ughhhhh :D
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    This thread actually makes me sad seeing how half the posts are saying things like "Bikini sizes are meant for one body type, which I do not have" or "I have loose skin and my fat hangs out" or "I will never be bikini body ready".

Bikinis aren't exclusively meant for one body type, despite what Victoria Secret and Sports Illustrated would like you to believe. Wear one if you want, don't wear one if you don't, but don't ever feel like your body is not good enough to wear one. No one has a perfect body, believe it or not even super fit people still have stretch marks and unwanted fat deposits. No one is going to criticize you for wearing a bikini, and if they do they're ***holes and you don't need that type of negativity in your life.

So true! I love seeing all body types in bikinis. I for one don't wear bikinis because ever since I was a teenager I never liked how I feel in them. I feel like too much skin is showing. So even when I've been at my lowest weight of 90 lbs I would wear a one piece with shorts over them.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I was ready.

The weather was not. This past summer was just not warm enough for a bikini.

Several times I just about bought one ... but just couldn't justify it for the 5 minutes I'd get to wear it.

Same issue I'm having. No beach/resort getaways booked this year and the fair United Kingdom does not get an awful lot of hot sunny days.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    bikini-body1.jpg

:(

I'm not bikini body ready then according to this chart.
    See:
    723tre17io2b.png
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I am 40 years old ,5ft 5 in and 270lbs my weight should be 130 according to the measurement charts. I am happy to say I lost 10 pounds. But if I got down to 130lbs . I would've lost so much weight my skin would sag like a Shar-Pei puppy. That would look really sexy in a bikini LOLZ
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My skin is roughly the same shade as my bedsheet so I tend to stay as covered up as possible without turning into a bee keeper. I may find a nice bikini but I sure as hell won't wear it in public for fear of third degree burns. Give me a wetsuit any day!